$26 leveling kit installed

mike_ct

Reaction score
These are from eBay, made in USA. My front fender lip went from 36” to 38”. Rears stayed same at 39”. I prefer a slight take, both aesthetically and for towing. Helps my air bags be able to keep the truck level. Fitment and directions were great. I’ve done these before, so nothing new here. I have to get an alignment eventually. I checked toe and camber with my tools, and they are very very close.
Had issues in past with 2.5”s giving 4wd CV vibrations. So hopefully don’t get that. Also hopefully the upper balljoints stay happy for a bit. I really didn’t want to change all that crap. I’ve some 6” kits on 4th gens, and the front diff brackets are hell. And the custom tie rods required to fit the drop knuckles are junk and get loose at 10k. I’ll be happy with some 275-60 or 65s in the future.

Attachments

Jmaloneydo

Reaction score
Looks great, yeah how long did it take you to do it yourself, and did you say you have the air ride suspension as well? If so any issues with disconnecting and re connecting the air lines up front? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

mike_ct

Reaction score
Looks great, yeah how long did it take you to do it yourself, and did you say you have the air ride suspension as well? If so any issues with disconnecting and re connecting the air lines up front? Thanks

I do not have factory air ride..I have aftermarket in-coil helper airbags in the rear.

mike_ct

Reaction score
Is this spacer difficult to install?
Not really..you remove tie rod and sway bar nuts, then I Reference marked and removed lower control arm to frame bolts, let it fall, and remove the strut to install spacer.

mike_ct

Reaction score

No factory air ride. I wish!

Ram1992

Reaction score
I’m going to purchase the same spacer but I’m not sure if I should go 2” instead of 1.5” .

mike_ct

Reaction score
So its only been a day. Really nothing negative to report here. The ride is unchanged, didn't really notice anything different. I marked the control arm adjustment cams, and just put them back. Checked toe in with a tape measure, and its still about 1/8" toe in, which was what I noted before I started. *I know this is not proper measurement or alignment. I will get an proper alignment at some point. But it really didn't throw anything totally out of whack. I probably also need to adjust my headlights. The factory LED's are bright, but I've never had anyone flash me back until last night. So they may be up a bit to high. I should have measured before I started. No odd noises, creaks, clunks, or excessive harshness. Maybe slight slight slight firmer. Might be my imagination.

mike_ct

Reaction score
I’m going to purchase the same spacer but I’m not sure if I should go 2” instead of 1.5” .
For what its worth, I purchased the 1.5" version. Without trimming the factory upper mount studs, this is the shortest you can go,,else, I would have gotten an 1" version.

That being said, I received about 2" of lift with them. My front fender lip went from 36" to 38". Maybe it will settle in a few days, dunno...But I'm happy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)