5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'24 Ram Hemi less power than '17 Hemi?

Don Juan

Reaction score
I bought a '24 1500 with the etorque Hemi. I had a '17 with the Hemi. In my old truck, when you accelerate hard from a stop or passing, it has major power. My new truck really doesn't. It's all suppose to be the same. What's the deal with this?

Bubba1120

Reaction score
I have not turned off the traction control and released all the horses yet with my new 24 like I did once with my 21 non e- torque hemi, that was a little scary LOL.

That being said, I have had a new Ram Hemi every 3 years since 2008 and the 24 is the smoothest running one yet. No complaints with towing my 6000lb trailer or other accelerating issues.

Does your truck have 3:92 gears? They make a difference with off the line acceleration and towing.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a '24 1500 with the etorque Hemi. I had a '17 with the Hemi. In my old truck, when you accelerate hard from a stop or passing, it has major power. My new truck really doesn't. It's all suppose to be the same. What's the deal with this?
Hard to compare two different trucks. Espeywithiur knowing the trim level and options for each one.

Don Juan

Reaction score
Yes, this truck is quieter and smoother. The same tire size, etc. no mods on old truck or this one. My 17 kicked a$$ on acceleration, this one really doesn’t. Traction control is off.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, this truck is quieter and smoother. The same tire size, etc. no mods on old truck or this one. My 17 kicked a$$ on acceleration, this one really doesn’t. Traction control is off.
Like mentioned previously, possibly different gear ratio.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had the exact same gripe when I bought my 2022. Felt it immediately in the first 100 miles. Biggest problem was the severe throttle lag. Never owning and eTorque before I naturally blamed that but doubt that’s the issue.
My previous 2013 and 2017 Hemi’s screamed and my 2022 not so much. Figured it would get better with time. Actually it’s still pretty weak in comparison even after 45,000 miles. Runs great otherwise so I just live with it. Still plenty of power for what I need it for. Just won’t win any 0-60 or 1/4 mile runs vs older RAM Hemi’s.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Seat of the pants "feel" doesn't necessarily mean it's actually slower

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Without knowing the gear ratios involved (as others have already mentioned), its hard to tell. But I bet a Pedal Monster would fix it a bit. Loved Pedal Commanders/Monsters on my 5.7 Hemi trucks before I got the TRX.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The 2017 Rebel I owned felt faster than any of the three 5th gens we've owned. Not sure if it really was or not but it felt faster.

Users who are viewing this thread