5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

23/24 vs 19-22 Mirrors, Steering Wheel, Lighting, Door Handles

Jimmy2

Reaction score
Hi guys, new here.

Some of this may have been answered in other forums but I couldn't find definitive answers.

My 2021 2500 Longhorn got totalled so I recently got a 24 3500 Longhorn. I like the truck but they "cheaped out" in a couple places. They deleted some interior lighting, the wood from the top of the steering wheel, and the chrome from the door handles. May seem like nit picking but little things matter in a 100k truck.
- I saw on a few other forums that the wheels are interchangeable and you swap the buttons. Has anyone been successful in this swap? Do you even need to swap the buttons if they have the same layout (mine has ACC and would buy the appropriate wheel)? Is this a difficult swap (I know there is an air bag in there)?
- My parts guy says the handles are interchangeable and come painted - just came in so I'll be trying to switch them over next week. Open to tips if anyone has done this? Seems like a much more involved process compared to the 1500, disassembling the door.
- I was reading a mixed bag on the ambient lighting (left and right of the wheel in the dash, some door ambient lighting) without any specific detail for the 2024 longhorn (i.e. is the wiring there?). I'm guessing the install is relatively straightforward if the wiring is there - just have to figure out how to access under the dash to mount the LED's. I'll be taking my doors apart anyways from the looks of it for the handles.
- Also prefer the analog cluster over the digital but I'm sure that's very involved if not impossible, and not worth it.

Also possibly controversial but I really do not like the appearance of the new telescoping mirrors. Does anyone know if they are interchangeable? My parts guy said they old ones will bolt in but are not compatible with the door module (i.e. no functionality). Does anyone know if it's possible and what would be involved to get the old mirrors working on the 24? Obviously the telescoping controls would be defunct.

Pinging this incase anyone has tried any of the above

Users who are viewing this thread

Back