5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

22" Stock Goodyears - How Many Miles Before You Replaced Them?

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know the consensus is the stockers are terrible and you SHOULD replace them ASAP.

However, what has been the realistic wear before replacement typically? I don't need an AT tire, so the CONTINENTAL
TERRAINCONTACT H/T at around $220 each are looking good right now.

Thanks!

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nope...replaced them because the GoodYear's SUCK! I wanted a tire with excellent wet and dry traction and the Michelin Defenders couldn't be beat.
So, I know they suck compared to other options even when new.

My question was the mileage replaced due to wear that is typical.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I think I took mine off at like 28k maybe and they still had tread left but would have needed to be replaced I would say in another 8k or so

PNW Guy

Reaction score
Replacing mine this month, only got 17k miles. Center wore out really quick, but was towing a lot.

GeorgeA

Reaction score
Mine are at 20K and only have about 5K o tread left. I had a similar experience with the factory tires on my Ford F-150 Platinum.

I would guess the Manufacturer goes with the cheapest option. I think others have mentioned this in various threads.

-G

OleNavyMane

Reaction score
Replaced mine at 25K. Even with keeping them at 36#, aligned, balanced, and rotated, I had pretty bad wear on some outer edges. No towing.
At 36 psi on this heavy a truck, you will wear out any tire at the edges. Not a defensive statement for the Goodyear just saying so to save you the extra wear on your next/current set.

Klicht87

Reaction score
My truck offers the smoothest ride of any vehicle I've been in. I also have air suspension, though. My tires have some feathering to the edges, I try and maintain 36 PSI as best as I can. There's still a fair amount of tread after 10K miles. I'm just bad at rotating my tires because I switch between DIY oil changes and dealerships. Truth be told I've never had original OEM tires last as long as they should.

tdager

Reaction score
Mine are at 46K and will need to be replaced in the next few thousand miles.

Oh, and I too am going to go with the Continental, though I am leaning towards the TerrainContact A/T vs the H/T

Pepper

Reaction score
All 4 Factory Goodyears are bald at 1/32" with 14,792 miles. Rotated religiously with full dismounting of the tire and turning them.
Hated Goodyear and everything about them my entire life and this just continues to justify my opinion.
Ordered Firestone Destination A/T2 today.

Last edited:

Gr8dane

Reaction score
I'm waiting for my 2022 with stock 22's. I'd like to change the rubber as well but trying to decide what to go with. I recently saw a truck in my town and couldn't get a good look but man it was once sexy looking tire lol. Pretty aggressive tread pattern on them and they definately stood out. Any ideas?

justin4715

Reaction score
I was only able to get 26k with routine rotations. I went with the Continental terrain contact H/T two weeks ago and happy so far. Looking forward to see how they perform in the Northeast winter and towing snowmobiles 4-5x per year. They have got to better than the stock Goodyear’s were.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I purchased mine CPO w/ 25k miles and the dealer had put brand new tires on it.

HARDWATERFLYER

Reaction score
Replaced the 22" Goodyears at 24,500 miles with 22" Falken Wildpeaks. The Falkens are more sensitive to certain poor roads conditions so the ride has suffered a bit but they offer great wet traction and control. Winter will determine if they are a good choice, they give the 2020 Laramie Night Edition in black a tougher look than the Goodyears.

Goldsy

Reaction score
Mine have 1000 miles on them now. I'll run them until I put my winter wheels and tires on at the end of October, the stock goodyears will not be going back on in the spring. They might have 2500 miles on them by then.

Users who are viewing this thread