5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

22" Stock Goodyears - How Many Miles Before You Replaced Them?

Ibanez540r

Reaction score
I'm at approx. 23k miles on a 2019 Laramie, regular rotations, and kept them just a couple PSI high. I'm planning on new tires before the snow flies here in NE Ohio. They look nearly smooth in the center (tread design, they've worn evenly) so there's no chance they will be safe for winter.

Plan on going with 305/45-22 Toyo Open Country A/T III

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just over 10k. Had them rotated and balanced this weekend. Price checked some Michelin LTX M/S, while I was there.
While the GY are wearing well and offer a decent ride for how I drive, I'm disappointed in how loud they are getting at highway speeds.

GeorgeA

Reaction score
I'm at approx. 23k miles on a 2019 Laramie, regular rotations, and kept them just a couple PSI high. I'm planning on new tires before the snow flies here in NE Ohio. They look nearly smooth in the center (tread design, they've worn evenly) so there's no chance they will be safe for winter.

Plan on going with 305/45-22 Toyo Open Country A/T III
I just replaced my stock Good Years with the Toyo Open Country A/T III. I had 22K on the GYs.

I love the Toyo's. I still need to cut or pull back the liner to avoid rubbing.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just to update...going to try out some Nexxen Rodian GTX tires.

Recommended by a local shop I've used and trusted for years. Don't need any all terrain capabilities.

And two more years on the lease...so we shall see how they do.

FWIW, I was going to do Continentals but they are backordered like everything lately.

sessman

Reaction score
I just replaced my stock Good Years with the Toyo Open Country A/T III. I had 22K on the GYs.

I love the Toyo's. I still need to cut or pull back the liner to avoid rubbing.
Do you have a lift? Can you send pics?

GeorgeA

Reaction score
Do you have a lift? Can you send pics?
I have a completely stock Limited Edition 1500 - no lift.

There was only a slight rub on the passenger side when turning the tire fully to the left. I made a small hole with a hole punch and used a tie wrap to hold back the liner.

I will try and send photos.

The look and ride comfort are fabulous.

-G

Users who are viewing this thread