5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

22 Ram 1500 - Air Suspension is Stuck on off-road 1

BBrick17

Reaction score
Hey all,

I need some real help here. This is my second ram 1500. I had a 2020 Limited and had to sell. Literally two days ago (4/29) I purchased a used 2022 Limited 3.0L Turbo Diesel that I drove from WI to VA. Ran great. Loved it. Dipped from Normal to Aero no issues. I probably should have goofed around with the air suspension a bit more at the dealership, but it seemed to check out fine.

Fast forward to tonight, I messed with getting into off-road 2 mode ('20 only had off road 1 so I wanted to see how it looked when it gets to that setting), and it said "air suspension system cooling down please wait" then yellow message showing "service air suspension system immediately." I pissed myself I"m pretty sure. So i cycle the power, restart, message goes away. Ok, back in normal drive it around, dips to aero no issues. Try it again, to off-road mode 1. Gets there (takes about 20-30 seconds). I push it to off road 2 again (stupid move). Tries and says its cooling down again... then eventually goes into tow jack mode? I got both the top and bottom light on the air suspension buttons on ... i drive it, that goes away and now it is stuck in off-road mode 1 again.

... Next issue, now it says its a payload issue? Its just me in the truck... I cycle the truck a couple times, drive it around. Nope, stuck in off road 1 even at 45 mph. (bumpy ride too, oof).

I'm afraid to keep troubleshooting it now. I've seen fuse pulling, using the remote to drop it down (i dont want it stuck in entry/exit). Anyone got suggestions on this? or am i looking at service thing already here? lemon? (paranoia is speaking right now). Thanks guys I appreciate any help here.

R/Bryan

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey all,

I need some real help here. This is my second ram 1500. I had a 2020 Limited and had to sell. Literally two days ago (4/29) I purchased a used 2022 Limited 3.0L Turbo Diesel that I drove from WI to VA. Ran great. Loved it. Dipped from Normal to Aero no issues. I probably should have goofed around with the air suspension a bit more at the dealership, but it seemed to check out fine.

Fast forward to tonight, I messed with getting into off-road 2 mode ('20 only had off road 1 so I wanted to see how it looked when it gets to that setting), and it said "air suspension system cooling down please wait" then yellow message showing "service air suspension system immediately." I pissed myself I"m pretty sure. So i cycle the power, restart, message goes away. Ok, back in normal drive it around, dips to aero no issues. Try it again, to off-road mode 1. Gets there (takes about 20-30 seconds). I push it to off road 2 again (stupid move). Tries and says its cooling down again... then eventually goes into tow jack mode? I got both the top and bottom light on the air suspension buttons on ... i drive it, that goes away and now it is stuck in off-road mode 1 again.

... Next issue, now it says its a payload issue? Its just me in the truck... I cycle the truck a couple times, drive it around. Nope, stuck in off road 1 even at 45 mph. (bumpy ride too, oof).

I'm afraid to keep troubleshooting it now. I've seen fuse pulling, using the remote to drop it down (i dont want it stuck in entry/exit). Anyone got suggestions on this? or am i looking at service thing already here? lemon? (paranoia is speaking right now). Thanks guys I appreciate any help here.

R/Bryan
Is your truck leveled?

aprez

Reaction score
A shot in the dark here, but have you tried disconnecting the battery for a few, and then reconnecting it?

Users who are viewing this thread