5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Tungsten Already Broken - Unreal

Ok, so understanding that and that problems do arise from time to time, why are you telling people to not buy the truck? Why not let a small problem be remedied by the service dept and wait to see what the actual issue was?
What you highlighted was explaining why opted to proceed with ordering a first run of refreshed models. When I arrived at my dealership my SA said they have so much backlog from all stellantis produced products, and it's getting worse.

He also conveyed the alarming number of unsolvable issues where either the vehicle remains parked there for months on end, or the manufacturers reply is essentially "it is what it is". My wife's grand wagoneer was in the shop for 5 months, and the same issues remain. No matter how many videos we take and document, if they cannot get it to consistently reproduce they just give the vehicle back. I've been approached by multiple grand wagoneer and wagoneer owners when we're out and about asking if we have issues. 2022,2023,2024...hemi and hurricane, all the same electrical gremlins. I stand by my comment that you should not buy a GW or W, even though it hurts my resale value.

I was under the impression that the grand Cherokee and grand Cherokee L weren't affected...my dealer said they're just as bad.

So yeah, absolutely. I would reconsider buying one of these trucks. The theme across the stellantis lineup has been gremlins, ghosts in the machine that cannot be fixed.

And to further clear things up, I've had issues with vipers, my previous 1500, expedition, Escalade, various Mercedes, Silverado's, etc. all where quickly diagnosed and fixed. Never was I told at a first visit, "well, we will see if we can find out what's causing it, but it's working fine now". These are complex machines and I fully expect issues, but when the manufacturer is demonstrating a pattern of never finding a solution....that's something that should be shared with other consumers

The truck on the other hand is absolutely amazing and I'm praying that these are in fact small issues and stellantis quickly gets their **** together. Should everything get worked out and they say "hey, there was a loose connector" then I'll absolutely update the post with a crisis averted acknowledgment. But right now I'm having deja Vu

What you highlighted was explaining why opted to proceed with ordering a first run of refreshed models. When I arrived at my dealership my SA said they have so much backlog from all stellantis produced products, and it's getting worse.

He also conveyed the alarming number of unsolvable issues where either the vehicle remains parked there for months on end, or the manufacturers reply is essentially "it is what it is". My wife's grand wagoneer was in the shop for 5 months, and the same issues remain. No matter how many videos we take and document, if they cannot get it to consistently reproduce they just give the vehicle back. I've been approached by multiple grand wagoneer and wagoneer owners when we're out and about asking if we have issues. 2022,2023,2024...hemi and hurricane, all the same electrical gremlins. I stand by my comment that you should not buy a GW or W, even though it hurts my resale value.

I was under the impression that the grand Cherokee and grand Cherokee L weren't affected...my dealer said they're just as bad.

So yeah, absolutely. I would reconsider buying one of these trucks. The theme across the stellantis lineup has been gremlins, ghosts in the machine that cannot be fixed.

And to further clear things up, I've had issues with vipers, my previous 1500, expedition, Escalade, various Mercedes, Silverado's, etc. all where quickly diagnosed and fixed. Never was I told at a first visit, "well, we will see if we can find out what's causing it, but it's working fine now". These are complex machines and I fully expect issues, but when the manufacturer is demonstrating a pattern of never finding a solution....that's something that should be shared with other consumers

The truck on the other hand is absolutely amazing and I'm praying that these are in fact small issues and stellantis quickly gets their **** together. Should everything get worked out and they say "hey, there was a loose connector" then I'll absolutely update the post with a crisis averted acknowledgment. But right now I'm having deja Vu
I take no issue at all with a person expressing their opinion. If your experience has been poor, absolutely that with shape your view. Overall, I personally don't know a single person who consults forums before buying a vehicle - in my general experience people come to a forum either because they just purchased a vehicle and want to learn something, or they have an issue. In that context, personal anecdotal opinions on forums don't move the sales needle - experiences do.

A dealer telling you they have no answer is absurd, but dealers are privately owned, not a reflection on a "company" -- for better or worse.

I had my parking brake engage a couple days ago while in Costco parking lot. I didn't know what was going on, I only tried to move the truck up a couple of feet to move out of the way and I couldn't get it to move. I put it in Park and back to Drive, I tried turning the truck off and back on and still couldn't move it. I realized I had my driver's door open and this must of triggered the e-brake. I then closed the door, and released the e-brake and all was good. Are you sure you were not doing something that was triggering the e-brake? I'm not sure of all the conditions that would activate the e-brake, but having the driver's door open while trying to put it in drive did it to me.

I had my parking brake engage a couple days ago while in Costco parking lot. I didn't know what was going on, I only tried to move the truck up a couple of feet to move out of the way and I couldn't get it to move. I put it in Park and back to Drive, I tried turning the truck off and back on and still couldn't move it. I realized I had my driver's door open and this must of triggered the e-brake. I then closed the door, and released the e-brake and all was good. Are you sure you were not doing something that was triggering the e-brake? I'm not sure of all the conditions that would activate the e-brake, but having the driver's door open while trying to put it in drive did it to me.
Yes, unfortunately I tried every conceivable combination of things. Seatbelt on, off, door closed, etc. the truck did give me a P! Yellow dash code before this happened. Mark dodge (while it's not being serviced there) has gone above and beyond trying to help me out remotely. I was told they've seen faulty batteries causing gremlins so that may be this cause.

Spoke to my SA 30 minutes ago and he said best case I get it back Monday, most likely Tuesday. Until then im in a jeep compass...which is quite the sight. I'm over 6'5", nearly 280, and I had my 160 pound cane Corso and 80 pound Doberman with their heads out of the back window driving down the street...the compass is not designed for that lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back