5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Rebel Oil life

MVM221905

Reaction score
Hi there first time on a forum . I purchased a ram July 19th , haven’t even had it for 3 months yet . Oil life on the app is reading 8 %, vehicle is reading 7 %. Vehicle has 4k miles on it . My concern is why did my vehicle not warn me service/oil change is due ? Also how is it at 8% ? Spoke with a few ppl with similar year & model & they stated at 4k miles they were around 60% . Anyone else gone through something similar ? Is this concerning?

Hi there first time on a forum . I purchased a ram July 19th , haven’t even had it for 3 months yet . Oil life on the app is reading 8 %, vehicle is reading 7 %. Vehicle has 4k miles on it . My concern is why did my vehicle not warn me service/oil change is due ? Also how is it at 8% ? Spoke with a few ppl with similar year & model & they stated at 4k miles they were around 60% . Anyone else gone through something similar ? Is this concerning?

Your oil change reminder I believe is at 5%, you aren't quite there yet.

Also, your oil life percentage is based on various factors, not just a simple count down. It will adjust down quicker in more "severe" duty cycles, not sure all the variables in the algorithm, but things like idle time and coolant temp are part of it. If you are doing a lot of stop and go driving, maybe short cycles, idling, etc. is why it's already down to 7%.

But 4,000 for your first oil change is probably a good idea, I honestly would have done the first one earlier, at least based on my oil analysis. The break-in material, at least on the Hemi takes about 3 oil changes to wash out.

Your oil change reminder I believe is at 5%, you aren't quite there yet.

Also, your oil life percentage is based on various factors, not just a simple count down. It will adjust down quicker in more "severe" duty cycles, not sure all the variables in the algorithm, but things like idle time and coolant temp are part of it. If you are doing a lot of stop and go driving, maybe short cycles, idling, etc. is why it's already down to 7%.

But 4,000 for your first oil change is probably a good idea, I honestly would have done the first one earlier, at least based on my oil analysis. The break-in material, at least on the Hemi takes about 3 oil changes to wash out.
I have changed my oil at various per centages and calculate how many miles I could have driven at the current rate.
The top of the list was when I was doing mixed driving. The bottom of the list is when I did primarily highway.
The 7073 was on my 2nd oil change when the dealer used conventional oil, I had only driven 1344 miles.

I used the Ram often (local & highway) in the first 3 years to get as much miles under the 36/3 yr warranty, after that it was mostly used for highway miles and the oil was changed at the 1 year mark. I use Penzoil Ultra Platinum (PUP).

It would be interesting if I had done an oil analysis also but any info gathered would not alter my oil change interval.

I think consumption may be a misleading headline…

On my last 15 limited and my current, I typically need to change around 10K miles based on how I drive, based on oil indicator light. I typically change it somewhere around 10% left, as my schedule permits.
I tend to use remote start a bit to cool it off or heat it up…

As gilly said, what are the engine hours? Lots of remote starts, stop and go, city driving, towing, etc?

Change the oil, reset the oil life monitor, and see what it does. As mentioned saying "consumption" leads one to think you were low in oil, not reduced oil life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back