5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Ram 1500 Current Owners - Discussion, Feedback, and Problems

azzx

Reaction score
My list of likes/dislikes/observations to date

My Truck: 2025 Big Horn. level 1, Sport PCKG. 4X4, 3.0 I6 Hurricane Turbo ESS, Anti-spin diff. 3.92 gears, 33-gal tank.

Build date: March 24, 2024

Buy date: May 18, 2024

Total miles to date: 650

Price:
  • Window sticker: $64,339
  • Purchase price: $56,659
  • OTD price including tax, license, doc fees, etc.: $62,700
Note: for few comparisons --- my Previous truck: 4x4 2019 Laramie, level 2 / sport package. 5.7, 3.92 gears, 33gal tank

Fuel economy of my 2019 with Hemi.
  • Same driver, driving habits, city & HWY routes – 37000 miles
  • Avg city: 16MPG
  • Avg HWY: 19MPG --- Avg speed: 75MPH
  • Avg towing (7000lb trailer) AZ to destination in UT: 12MPG
Fuel economy with the 2025 Hurricane engine to date:

*** not enough miles yet. These number may change
  • Avg. city: 17 MPG
  • Avg. HWY: 22 MPG --- Avg. speed: 75MPH
  • Avg. City/HWY: TBD
  • Avg towing: TBD – can’t tow for a couple of months. See below
Assume mileage will improve with more miles.

List of likes so far:
  • The motor feels (seat of the pants) that it has more power & torque. There are many reviews out there that talk about this with measured data. Have no idea how it feels/performs when towing.
  • Many STD safety features
  • Same nice driving experience/ride quality
Dislikes – I am sure these will be remedied over the next few months

Mopar accessories:

** Many dealers and all online Mopar parts distributors do not have the 2025 listed yet,
  • No trailer brake controller kit yet. If you need a controller and have an option – order it from factory. After many hours of research, finally sat down with my dealer’s part manager and called RAM engineering/tech support.
  • Correct part number is 82219240AA – it will be released in couple of months.
  • The controller mounting location is no longer under the dash. It has moved to the rear cab wall behind the seat. TB validated when I get my kit installed in couple of months. *** some dealers/on-line Mopar dealers have listed incorrect part numbers.
  • Bed step from 2019-2024 does not fit
  • No rear mud flaps – front mud flaps are the same as 19-24
  • ** I will stop buying accessories for now - so far I have returned many of them.
Accessories that fit from 2019 to 2024 - so far:

1- Hard Mopar tannue cover

2- Rubber floor mats

3- Rubber bed mat

4- Any brand running board -I Installed the Tyger TRX knock-offs, which fit perfectly and look good.

Dislikes so far (mostly subjective):
  • No glorious Hemi sound! Hurricane sounds like a swing machine.
  • Dont care about stop/start feature - no big deal, I can turn it off
  • Dont care about no ACC position for ignition, it is either off or on -- getting used to it!
  • Dont like the small center info screen on the dashboard (Not a problem in higher trims ) --- really RAM - in 2025 you still have to use your 20-year supply of DS parts?
  • Dont like no ventilated seats --- I live in AZ --- Level 2 option should take care of this
  • Prices are obscene
  • Build quality (this is on me, I should have done a better job inspecting the truck before paying for it) Body gaps, dent in the rear door. All fixed by the dealer’s body shop.
Hope this helps -

Attachments

• IMG20240601110244.jpg
    IMG20240601110244.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck is a Laramie Sport with the Level one package, 3.92 gears, and the utility bed package. Around 750 miles so far.

Accessories
Mopar Matt Black Running Boards
Lomax Folding Tonneau
Xpel 20% XR Black tint on front two doors
Xpel Paint protection film on the front bumper/plastic pieces under the headlights.
Possibly tow hooks next.

1717268554279.jpeg

Last edited:

azzx

Reaction score
Pretty -- love the wheels.
mine came with a 20in full chrome wheels (hate it)
Please post the tow hook setp/P# that bolts on your truck. I am hesitant to order tow hooks designed for 2019-2024.

Thank you

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
yea, I had the chome clads on my 2019 Big horn. they wern't terrible but glad I got something different this time. I'm debating on the tow hooks as well, wuold like to see someone else do it first.

cpetku

Reaction score
Since some are looking to add the brake controller, can you comment on the RF hub and rear window frame when you do this? Did Stellantis address the vulnerability for the HUB or just put the brake controller at the same risk of being damaged if the window is open or if the frame leaks?

azzx

Reaction score
Jimmy has more info than the dealers!
2025 has a totally diff. CanBus, wiring harness and security gateway.
I will update whenever the kit is available for install.

Belwo pic is from Jimmy.

IMG_0654.jpeg

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea I tried to put the same Diode Dynamics rear CMSHL bulbs in that worked fine with my 2019 and they caused issues with the key fob not working when the bulbs were on with my 2025. Not only that is the bulbs caused some kind of interference with my garage door opener. As soon as I parked the truck in the garage under the opener the door opener started to overheat and the garage door was opening on it's own. I quickly switched the bulbs back to stock and no more issues.

azzx

Reaction score
Many dealers have listed 82215278AF or 82215278 for 2025.
This is not correct. I bought one and had to return it.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Jimmy has more info than the dealers!
2025 has a totally diff. CanBus, wiring harness and security gateway.
I will update whenever the kit is available for install.

Belwo pic is from Jimmy.

View attachment 184180
You don't think the dealership have this same information? Where would this magic information come from? Parts departments are just that. Service advisors have access to this information, most don't care they just relay the info from techs. I will say most techs don't pay attention to the service information until they need to. Look where the RFH is.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240602_101547_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240602_101547_Chrome.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 31

azzx

Reaction score
Well - 3 local dealers that I went to (service & parts) departments, had no clue about the changes. I did take a printout of this to them.
One of the dealer's techs took the dash apart and validated that there are no wires or a place to mount the incorrect controller they sold me!
at least they did not charge for the labor!

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well - 3 local dealers that I went to (service & parts) departments, had no clue about the changes. I did take a printout of this to them.
One of the dealer's techs took the dash apart and validated that there are no wires or a place to mount the incorrect controller they sold me!
at least they did not charge for the labor!
Well- see what i said above. I will attach so it's easier.
"Parts departments are just that. Service advisors have access to this information, most don't care they just relay the info from techs. I will say most techs don't pay attention to the service information until they need to."

I attached a picture of the RFH location, took about 5 seconds to find.

azzx

Reaction score
What is this input for?
My truck did not come with maps
IMG20240527105518.jpg

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can you share more details about the trailer brake controller?
thanks
From what I was told they don't offer/isn't available as an add on as of yet. In years past they always showed accessories that would be available, not this time.

Users who are viewing this thread