5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 RAM 1500 BIGHORN 3.0 I HURRICANE twin-turbo, SO, 420HP - check engine light

KevInSD

Reaction score
I'm about 3600 miles in now and no CEL. I do have very hard & some jerky shifting though. Also it sounds like it misfires on cold starts.

I do have some odd things like BSM showing I have a trailer connected randomly and then turning off after a few seconds.

My start stop function does some weird things too. At night when it comes time to start the truck sometimes it will turn off all the exterior lights and turn back on when the truck starts. Also odd is that if I come to a complete stop and it shuts the engine off sometimes I can shift to park while still holding down the brake pedal and it will stay in shutdown mode until I let go the pedal then it will restart. My Jeep will not do this, once I shift from drive to neutral it will turn on no matter what, my 21 Ram did the same.

Last issue I have is the exterior lighting. All my exterior lighting will light up during the day, headlights & puddle lights on the side mirrors and rear tailgate handle. At night the headlights don't light up ever! So if I park in reverse I can't tell where my truck is by the headlights at night.

Apart of those things, I get about 20mpg on average in city and hwy drives. Last week I did nothing but city driving, which is a tenth of a mile every day, to go take my dog to the park now that the kids are back to school and my mpg is about 15.
Today when driving around town I felt like my transmission "stuttered" when taking off. I was always used to my 2019 have a delay when taking off from a stop but this is more of a stutter. It's something I'll definitely be keeping an eye on.

Cbty2050

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
They definitely know about this problem but nothing is getting resolved
They know about it, they are working on it. Everyone assumes software issue. These things take time and have multiple hurdles to get it out. Can't just release an update that may mess up emissions compliance.

Last edited:

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's one thing my start stop hardly ever activates, I'm not complaining just odd, the message always says climate control cooling. Will see what happens once the temperatures cool off a bit.
Very odd, it's been above 100 these last few days here in Texas and mine will activate after cooling down for about 10 mins.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea, today was the first cool morning and I turned the AC off and
Very odd, it's been above 100 these last few days here in Texas and mine will activate after cooling down for about 10 mins.
Yes, today was the first cool morning, and I turned the AC off. The start stop was activating with every stop with it off, I guess mine does not like to activate with the AC on for some reason. I don't usually blast the AC either.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea, today was the first cool morning and I turned the AC off and

Yes, today was the first cool morning, and I turned the AC off. The start stop was activating with every stop with it off, I guess mine does not like to activate with the AC on for some reason. I don't usually blast the AC either.
I usually run mine on Auto mode at 73 degrees. On my wife's Jeep Grand Cherokee it never activates during the summer and maybe a handful of times during the winter lol

azzx

Reaction score
My start/stop activates 99% of the time. I turn it off the moment I start the engine - too hot in AZ not to have AC at every stop!

swine

Reaction score
Got the CEL shortly after delivery at 15 miles. Turned out to be codes P0E78 (coolant bypass valve) and U063B (generic network fault). Local dealer ordered the parts and it goes in for repair on the 3rd.

Reaction score
Cold starts for sure are super noticeable for sure. I'll have to try cruising around 40mph as Finnyatf mentioned to see if I notice them too.
We have identical issues. Mine has been with the dealer since last Friday. I’ve been enjoying the 10mpg the gasser 2500 loaner has been getting 🙄

Users who are viewing this thread