5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 RAM 1500 BIGHORN 3.0 I HURRICANE twin-turbo, SO, 420HP - check engine light

What is the difference between pending and stored? I have misfire codes on my own scans that say pending and no CEL. This is after I got it back from the deal with CEL. They changed my ICM.
I edited post 358, that should help explain it.

I also have a 2025 Rebel, first off have the accessories in the truck didn't work. Rear Defogger,wireless charger, alarm, Cruise control. The dealer had it half a day and said there was an update coming for a body control mod. Ugh. So when i got home i disconnected both batteries for 20 min. Now it all works!
I do have an engine lite on now.

I also have a 2025 Rebel, first off have the accessories in the truck didn't work. Rear Defogger,wireless charger, alarm, Cruise control. The dealer had it half a day and said there was an update coming for a body control mod. Ugh. So when i got home i disconnected both batteries for 20 min. Now it all works!
I do have an engine lite on now.
There is a Star case for the concern. Most of the trucks that get prepped have something not working, and need to have the battery disconnected. I am yet to have one get a CEL after.

Attachments

Has anyone else been told the software update will be available Sept 11th? That's when I was told to bring it back. I don't want to bring it back to the same dealership as I'm furious after picking it up with 170 more miles on it and an empty tank!

Has anyone else been told the software update will be available Sept 11th? That's when I was told to bring it back. I don't want to bring it back to the same dealership as I'm furious after picking it up with 170 more miles on it and an empty tank!
That’s funny. Their final attempt before turning the truck back to me is to purge the fuel tank dry and refill with other fuel. My problems started and have already persisted through two full tanks at separate fuel stations so it’s already been ruled out realistically. We shall see if I get it back tomorrow. This has been a mess.

That’s funny. Their final attempt before turning the truck back to me is to purge the fuel tank dry and refill with other fuel. My problems started and have already persisted through two full tanks at separate fuel stations so it’s already been ruled out realistically. We shall see if I get it back tomorrow. This has been a mess.
My dealer has zero knowledge of any software updates lol

There isn't any published update coming/available.
If Stellantis is working in an update for these misfire issues. Why wouldn’t they immediately inform the dealers so that there customers can be informed. But rather they are changing random parts and pissing off a lot of customers in the process. It’s just real bad customer service and a complete waste of time and money for everyone involved.

If Stellantis is working in an update for these misfire issues. Why wouldn’t they immediately inform the dealers so that there customers can be informed. But rather they are changing random parts and pissing off a lot of customers in the process. It’s just real bad customer service and a complete waste of time and money for everyone involved.

Please see post 355. They are gathering info for the remedy.

Stellantis isn't changing random parts, dealers are.

Welcome to the internet and a forum full of angry people about a slight inconvenience.

Not that your worries are unjustified, it is the long process complicated by firing of engineers that MAY have insight to what the problem is. I see future issues as well, as Stellantis moves production away from the UAW, that choked the production with a ridiculous strike that forced Stellantis to make some of these decisions after capitulating to the demands. Trying not to change the subject, but the UAW have slowly chased off many factories to Mexico, I know because I've owned 4 HD RAM's made in Mexico. I see this happening with the 1500's now. Think about it, you have a successful production in Mexico for at least 30 years with the HD Rams, what do you think it would take to start producing 1500's there?

I wouldn’t call it a slight inconvenience. I agree every dealer is different and surely some are not as helpful as others. Like mine who wouldn’t give me a loaner for my one month old truck with issue that THEY said was not safe to drive. After a 2 hour fight they rented me a car. Corporate was no help either. I’m a single dad of two and my only transportation is my truck. Some people have had there’s in 4 or 5 times with in a few months. My point is If they are working in a fix. Ready or not the dealers should all be aware this is in the works. But they aren’t. Poor customer service period. Not a good look moving forward.

There’s a listed procedure by Ram for diagnosing these new Hurricane engines. One procedure is to let it idle for hours on end while driving it periodically during that time. It’s running itself though tests during this time. A smart tech will get his meter out and go old school to keep from doing all this idling/driving. The electronic system is very sensitive to voltage. If you’re not driving it and maintaining optimal voltage, you could get an engine code.
A sales guy thought he would just throw a charger on my truck to get the battery up to the voltage required to get his PDI complete and he blew the fuse the positive cables land on. That threw a code as only the small battery was receiving power from the alternator. Very long story short; they brought me a higher output main battery when my truck would not start at my house, before we discovered the blown fuse. I left the higher performance battery in place and ever since, the truck runs noticeably smoother at idle.

I wouldn’t call it a slight inconvenience. I agree every dealer is different and surely some are not as helpful as others. Like mine who wouldn’t give me a loaner for my one month old truck with issue that THEY said was not safe to drive. After a 2 hour fight they rented me a car. Corporate was no help either. I’m a single dad of two and my only transportation is my truck. Some people have had there’s in 4 or 5 times with in a few months. My point is If they are working in a fix. Ready or not the dealers should all be aware this is in the works. But they aren’t. Poor customer service period. Not a good look moving forward.
Major inconvenience is more like it! I'm beyond pissed at this point. If I wanted a project vehicle or someone else's nightmare I would've bought used for half the price. It shouldn't take major effort to be a customer or to ask for respect and transparency from the dealerships while corporate tries to figure this out.

This Star case was just released. Almost like they do not know what is going on.
Gave it a quick read and unless I missed it this seems to only be for the 3.0 SO engine. Do you know of the same reported issues with the HO?

I know there is a post here somewhere about someone getting the misfire codes with their 3.6 V6. Not sure if they’re the same as with the 3.0 though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Back