5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 RAM 1500 BIGHORN 3.0 I HURRICANE twin-turbo, SO, 420HP - check engine light

KevInSD

Reaction score
I'm about 3600 miles in now and no CEL. I do have very hard & some jerky shifting though. Also it sounds like it misfires on cold starts.

I do have some odd things like BSM showing I have a trailer connected randomly and then turning off after a few seconds.

My start stop function does some weird things too. At night when it comes time to start the truck sometimes it will turn off all the exterior lights and turn back on when the truck starts. Also odd is that if I come to a complete stop and it shuts the engine off sometimes I can shift to park while still holding down the brake pedal and it will stay in shutdown mode until I let go the pedal then it will restart. My Jeep will not do this, once I shift from drive to neutral it will turn on no matter what, my 21 Ram did the same.

Last issue I have is the exterior lighting. All my exterior lighting will light up during the day, headlights & puddle lights on the side mirrors and rear tailgate handle. At night the headlights don't light up ever! So if I park in reverse I can't tell where my truck is by the headlights at night.

Apart of those things, I get about 20mpg on average in city and hwy drives. Last week I did nothing but city driving, which is a tenth of a mile every day, to go take my dog to the park now that the kids are back to school and my mpg is about 15.
Today when driving around town I felt like my transmission "stuttered" when taking off. I was always used to my 2019 have a delay when taking off from a stop but this is more of a stutter. It's something I'll definitely be keeping an eye on.

Cbty2050

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
They definitely know about this problem but nothing is getting resolved
They know about it, they are working on it. Everyone assumes software issue. These things take time and have multiple hurdles to get it out. Can't just release an update that may mess up emissions compliance.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread