5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 RAM 1500 BIGHORN 3.0 I HURRICANE twin-turbo, SO, 420HP - check engine light

JoeKewl

Reaction score
So my first CEL came on at 1,200 miles, it seemed like it was just a short problem at start up because it ran perfectly after it shut off (because it was a remote started so as soon as the engine light came on, it shut down). I cleared the check engine light and drove it for another 1600 miles before it did the same thing. The first time it did it the truck was full of gas and the second time it did it. It only had a quarter of a tank. I have always filled the truck up at two different gas stations using top-tier gas, where I fill up all of my other vehicles. From what I have deduced, this has to be software related and not mechanical otherwise it would continue repeatedly, the fact that it happened randomly 1600 miles apart says to me it has to be software related.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have been checking daily for anything from Ram on this, nothing official yet. I will share a confirmed issue with a misfire, multiple techs have confirmed this concern. I hope this helps one or more of you with the issue.

Attachments

• 3.0MISFIRE1.PNG
    3.0MISFIRE1.PNG
    656.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 3.0MISFIRE2.PNG
    3.0MISFIRE2.PNG
    508.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 3.0misfire3.PNG
    3.0misfire3.PNG
    383.4 KB · Views: 45

Finnyatf

Reaction score
I have been checking daily for anything from Ram on this, nothing official yet. I will share a confirmed issue with a misfire, multiple techs have confirmed this concern. I hope this helps one or more of you with the issue.
Thanks for the info! I will check my wiring harness tomorrow!

ZK840

Reaction score
2025 1500 Bighorn with Hurricane ~1,200 miles and my check engine light kicked in. Dealership desk OBD monitor didn't work - too new, so I have service appointment today to diagnose the issue. Plan to tow 25' RV in a few weeks and hopefully issue will not impact that trip :confused:
Service tech said it was a loose connector.. not 100% certain I agreed. A month later it 'misfired' during start-up from a stop-start event. In about 50 miles (or more) the engine light cleared itself.

ESL12

Reaction score
Well I’ve joined the club. 2025 Laramie SST here and 1300 miles with check engine light. Dealer claims I have a defective ignition control module and it’s back ordered. No eta. 😩

azzx

Reaction score
I feel like every person who posts here about a check engine light on their dealer tells them it’s something different, which leads me to believe they’re all just pulling these diagnoses out of their *** 🤣.
I still dont know how many 2025s have been sold to date and how many of them have the CEL issue. It is hard to determine the mean and possible root causes.
However, I agree with the wild-*** diagnosis by many dealers pulling s....t out of their rear end.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
People really need to be scanning the codes themselves before taking it in.
Any chain parts store can for this free.
Possibly there are many different issues.
Possibly not.
Certainly sounds like they’re just making up diagnosis.

OLLIECB

Reaction score
My dealership has run the gambit of "diagnoses " that have all been listed on this thread, except loose connectors (probably next)...first was software update, next kinked fuel line, and now I'm waiting on a fuel pump that wasn't putting out...tech did ask what fuel I use ( probably to blame me)....connectors I was told were Ram's sourced out of Mexico ( I could be wrong). My truck was sourced out of Michigan, I guess that doesn't mean some parts might be from Mexico though (just spitfiring). It would be nice if the Mensa Society Ram Division would find the solution and not bullsh*t loyal customers (but that is dwindling). Lemon Laws are gonna be their nightmares....

dammitbobby

Reaction score
I still dont know how many 2025s have been sold to date and how many of them have the CEL issue. It is hard to determine the mean and possible root causes.
However, I agree with the wild-*** diagnosis by many dealers pulling s....t out of their rear end.
I feel like it can’t be a huge number of the sold trucks just enough of them from the same production runs to make it seem like there’s a lot. That could just be wishful thinking on my end.

Users who are viewing this thread