5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 RAM 1500 BIGHORN 3.0 I HURRICANE twin-turbo, SO, 420HP - check engine light

JoeKewl

Reaction score
So my first CEL came on at 1,200 miles, it seemed like it was just a short problem at start up because it ran perfectly after it shut off (because it was a remote started so as soon as the engine light came on, it shut down). I cleared the check engine light and drove it for another 1600 miles before it did the same thing. The first time it did it the truck was full of gas and the second time it did it. It only had a quarter of a tank. I have always filled the truck up at two different gas stations using top-tier gas, where I fill up all of my other vehicles. From what I have deduced, this has to be software related and not mechanical otherwise it would continue repeatedly, the fact that it happened randomly 1600 miles apart says to me it has to be software related.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have been checking daily for anything from Ram on this, nothing official yet. I will share a confirmed issue with a misfire, multiple techs have confirmed this concern. I hope this helps one or more of you with the issue.

Attachments

• 3.0MISFIRE1.PNG
    3.0MISFIRE1.PNG
    656.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 3.0MISFIRE2.PNG
    3.0MISFIRE2.PNG
    508.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 3.0misfire3.PNG
    3.0misfire3.PNG
    383.4 KB · Views: 8

Users who are viewing this thread