5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 RAM 1500 BIGHORN 3.0 I HURRICANE twin-turbo, SO, 420HP - check engine light

cpetku

Reaction score
Another update to my situation, I’ve gotten the truck back from the dealership. I put a pause on flushing the fuel system for $1200. Technician said the fuel was a little cloudier than he would’ve liked to have seen and after leaving the fuel sample out over night he saw some bubbles sitting at the bottom of the sample. Just as well, looks like he was reading some misfires upon deceleration with all 6 cylinders when he test drove it besides the original code for misfires on start up of cylinders 3, 5, and a random misfire. I’m just going to cycle a couple of good tanks of fuel through and if the check engine light doesn’t come back I guess I’ll be good. If it does come back, I’ll be taking it back to the dealer to see what’s going on next.
It sounds like they didn't show you a sample of "contaminated fuel". The answer you describe from the tech would make me look for another dealership. When you told your plan to the Tech did you say the most famous phrase with Arnold's accent?

Reaction score
Well I had to call the dealership to get their service department to check to see if they had a response from the Stars thing…. Now they want to do a fuel system leak down test. And I’m sure they still don’t even have my truck in a bay so they are going to have to get something else out of the way just to bring my truck in to do this. Who tf knows how long it will take them to do that!

I’m sick of driving this POS Grand Cherokee they gave me for a loaner…

Reaction score
Could be worse, it could be a Compass or a Renegade......
Yes those would be worse… But I bought the truck so I could load the bed with tools and be able to do work, or to be able to pull my tandem axel trailer loaded to the gills with atv’s and dirt bikes if needed. I told the young girl that I’m pretty sure they don’t want me lugging 7-8 Milwaukee Packout cases in and out of the back end of one of their 2024 loaners and that it sure as hell can’t pull my trailer. She tried to make a joke about me having to pay for repairs then to which I didn’t quite laugh and replied with yea I don’t think I would.

Best part is that my truck hasn’t moved in over a week as I’m stuck here about to make my first payment for a vehicle that I got to drive for just over a week.

OLLIECB

Reaction score
Update my 2025 Ram 1500 Laramie CEL issue...fuel pump supposed to be in mid next week (their fix atm)... Service guy asked what fuel I put in it ( I see where this is going...gonna try to blame me for the problem like some others on this thread). He said the Regional Service Tech is on the job with this issue and working with the dealership service techs to resolve. I use 91 octane, no ethanol, never any issue with my 2009 Ram 1500, drank it very well. He did admit there are three other 2025 Ram 1500s at the dealership with the same CEL issue getting serviced. Obviously their product is not on point...tic toc Stellantis....loyal Ram buyer here growing more impatient by the day...we might need a 2025 Dodge Ram 1500 Group Therapy thread..."show me where Stellantis hurt you"

Reaction score
Update my 2025 Ram 1500 Laramie CEL issue...fuel pump supposed to be in mid next week (their fix atm)... Service guy asked what fuel I put in it ( I see where this is going...gonna try to blame me for the problem like some others on this thread). He said the Regional Service Tech is on the job with this issue and working with the dealership service techs to resolve. I use 91 octane, no ethanol, never any issue with my 2009 Ram 1500, drank it very well. He did admit there are three other 2025 Ram 1500s at the dealership with the same CEL issue getting serviced. Obviously their product is not on point...tic toc Stellantis....loyal Ram buyer here growing more impatient by the day...we might need a 2025 Dodge Ram 1500 Group Therapy thread..."show me where Stellantis hurt you"
Hahahahah well so far they’ve only hurt my wallet!

dammitbobby

Reaction score
I want this new truck to come so bad but I’m also concerned with all these CEL issues, I definitely think they’re more than likely electrical based or software based due to it being in both the SO i6 and the V6. But my last truck I bought last October was a lemon I would **** a brick if this one was too lol.

RRP59

Reaction score
So far using nothing but Shell 93. 3,200 miles and no CEL issues yet nock on wood.
I had the dreaded CEL on my 2025 RAM 1500 SST @ 200 miles. Come to find out it was the octane level of fuel I was using. I was running a lower octane due to fuel prices but was told it should be using no less than 91. So, in true fashion I RTFM after the fact and been running 91 since. No CEL and much better performance from the SST.

RVTRKN

Reaction score
So what does the owners manual have for fuel recommendation, running 91/93 octane will add a heck of alot more to operating costs?

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So what does the owners manual have for fuel recommendation, running 91/93 octane will add a heck of alot more to operating costs?
I believe you are suppose to be able to use 87 octane in the Standard output and thier is no minum rating on the fuel door like the Highoutput has. That said Ram may need to rethink that or do some recalibrtions if using 87 is causing CEL lights. I know turbos normally run better with higher octane.

Reaction score
Well here’s yet another update for my 2025 Ram 1500…. I wound up getting pissed about the service department at the dealership pretty much sitting on their hands with the truck and just parking it out in their lot and then me having to go back and forth to the dealership 3 times in a 2 week span to deal with swapping out loaner vehicles I took to X and started commenting on a bunch of Stellantis and Ram Trucks post over the weekend… Monday I get a DM from Ram Trucks asking for information pertaining to my situation. I dumped the entire story on them so Tuesday they set me up with a Ram support case number and case manager to help resolve the issue. Tuesday evening I also sent a long irritated email to the dealership GM/owner. Today I get a call from the Ram corporate case manager assigned to my case and let her have it for damn near a solid 10 mins on the phone as she was taking notes. At the end of the call the case manager extends the offer to reimburse my loan payment for each day that they are in possession of the vehicle.

Later this evening I get a call from the sales manager of the dealership telling me that they just got in an identical truck to mine on their delivery today and they want to offer to exchange truck for truck so I no longer have to deal with the lemon that Stellantis built.

So all in all I am getting a different truck most likely Friday, and they are going to be cutting a check to pay the loan while they’ve had the vehicle.

Let’s just hope this replacement isn’t a lemon as well!

dammitbobby

Reaction score
Well here’s yet another update for my 2025 Ram 1500…. I wound up getting pissed about the service department at the dealership pretty much sitting on their hands with the truck and just parking it out in their lot and then me having to go back and forth to the dealership 3 times in a 2 week span to deal with swapping out loaner vehicles I took to X and started commenting on a bunch of Stellantis and Ram Trucks post over the weekend… Monday I get a DM from Ram Trucks asking for information pertaining to my situation. I dumped the entire story on them so Tuesday they set me up with a Ram support case number and case manager to help resolve the issue. Tuesday evening I also sent a long irritated email to the dealership GM/owner. Today I get a call from the Ram corporate case manager assigned to my case and let her have it for damn near a solid 10 mins on the phone as she was taking notes. At the end of the call the case manager extends the offer to reimburse my loan payment for each day that they are in possession of the vehicle.

Later this evening I get a call from the sales manager of the dealership telling me that they just got in an identical truck to mine on their delivery today and they want to offer to exchange truck for truck so I no longer have to deal with the lemon that Stellantis built.

So all in all I am getting a different truck most likely Friday, and they are going to be cutting a check to pay the loan while they’ve had the vehicle.

That’s a hell of a dealership you got there. My last truck (GMC) had a blown head gasket at 196 miles and the dealership told me to go pound sand.

cpetku

Reaction score
This should be interesting. Please keep us updated since if this one fails using the same fuel, it might support that the failures are a SW issue. It will also be interesting to know if the transmaission on the later truck is smoother.

OLLIECB

Reaction score
Well...fuel pump did not come into the dealership yesterday (I dont know why this is srprising given the run around Im getting on this issue)...no call from the Service Tech. I call the Service Department and another Mensa Society inductee looks up my information and cannot find any notations of when the fuel pump will be in for replacement and has to put me on hold to gather the limited information he had (none)...Wouldnt it be prudent to have notes on cases so that anyone can deciminate that information to cusomers if needed or the Service Tech that is on the case is absent and cannot take a call?? The tech said he would "put a note in my file" for the Service Tech on my case to give me a call today (odds I get a call?). Not only is Ram's product f**ked but their service department went to sh*t. I wonder what my 2009 Ram 1500 is doing atm....

Finnyatf

Reaction score
Well...fuel pump did not come into the dealership yesterday (I dont know why this is srprising given the run around Im getting on this issue)...no call from the Service Tech. I call the Service Department and another Mensa Society inductee looks up my information and cannot find any notations of when the fuel pump will be in for replacement and has to put me on hold to gather the limited information he had (none)...Wouldnt it be prudent to have notes on cases so that anyone can deciminate that information to cusomers if needed or the Service Tech that is on the case is absent and cannot take a call?? The tech said he would "put a note in my file" for the Service Tech on my case to give me a call today (odds I get a call?). Not only is Ram's product f**ked but their service department went to sh*t. I wonder what my 2009 Ram 1500 is doing atm....
I’m still driving my truck that runs like crap waiting for a call from the dealer when they hear from star for a fix…. Doesn’t seem like they are making any progress. Probably because Stellantis layed off most of their engineers! Runs good in sport mode above 2000 rpm but under that it misfires..

HurricaneKatrina2

Reaction score

I would insist on them giving me a truck with a hemi... "Fool me once..."

OLLIECB

Reaction score
Ram Manager sent me an update that the part needed for my repair will arrive to their parts distribution center no later than Monday. Once it arrives, they will get it packaged and shipped out and should arrive to the dealer early next week. He said they usually overnight the parts once they are sent out from the parts distribution center. He said he will keep an eye on it and keep me updated. August 7th will be 30 calendar days in the dealership shop....Iowa Lemon Law kicks in...I want my damn truck!!!

Users who are viewing this thread