5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 RAM 1500 BIGHORN 3.0 I HURRICANE twin-turbo, SO, 420HP - check engine light

cpetku

Reaction score
Another update to my situation, I’ve gotten the truck back from the dealership. I put a pause on flushing the fuel system for $1200. Technician said the fuel was a little cloudier than he would’ve liked to have seen and after leaving the fuel sample out over night he saw some bubbles sitting at the bottom of the sample. Just as well, looks like he was reading some misfires upon deceleration with all 6 cylinders when he test drove it besides the original code for misfires on start up of cylinders 3, 5, and a random misfire. I’m just going to cycle a couple of good tanks of fuel through and if the check engine light doesn’t come back I guess I’ll be good. If it does come back, I’ll be taking it back to the dealer to see what’s going on next.
It sounds like they didn't show you a sample of "contaminated fuel". The answer you describe from the tech would make me look for another dealership. When you told your plan to the Tech did you say the most famous phrase with Arnold's accent?

Winchester3030

Reaction score
Well I had to call the dealership to get their service department to check to see if they had a response from the Stars thing…. Now they want to do a fuel system leak down test. And I’m sure they still don’t even have my truck in a bay so they are going to have to get something else out of the way just to bring my truck in to do this. Who tf knows how long it will take them to do that!

I’m sick of driving this POS Grand Cherokee they gave me for a loaner…

Winchester3030

Reaction score
Could be worse, it could be a Compass or a Renegade......
Yes those would be worse… But I bought the truck so I could load the bed with tools and be able to do work, or to be able to pull my tandem axel trailer loaded to the gills with atv’s and dirt bikes if needed. I told the young girl that I’m pretty sure they don’t want me lugging 7-8 Milwaukee Packout cases in and out of the back end of one of their 2024 loaners and that it sure as hell can’t pull my trailer. She tried to make a joke about me having to pay for repairs then to which I didn’t quite laugh and replied with yea I don’t think I would.

Best part is that my truck hasn’t moved in over a week as I’m stuck here about to make my first payment for a vehicle that I got to drive for just over a week.

Users who are viewing this thread