5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 RAM 1500 BIGHORN 3.0 I HURRICANE twin-turbo, SO, 420HP - check engine light

Dandeg

Reaction score
Latest update as of 6/28/2024, 11:00 AM CST

I received a call from Stellantis Customer Care & Experience, Executive Referrals Manager, inquiring about my issue. Stellantis's manager stated that he would contact the service and get a detailed report on this check engine light issue and cover my driving costs while my truck was in service. Also, the manager has stated that he will call me back on Monday with the next steps.

I think I got through, and the system is bothered by the fact that I've Tweeted several public statements tagging Stellanis corporate and #RAMfail, as well as their entire executive team.

I hate to complain, but I need to eat.

Also, Stellantis was especially concerned that the truck was released back to me the first time I dropped it off with stored (not active) misfiring codes without a comprehensive resolution. I hope nobody gets fired cuz it is getting nasty.
Exactly what’s happening with me. Same issue. How do I email them?

RVTRKN

Reaction score
Not just that, GM has invested 1 billion on next-gen V8 that will pass emissions, that is what Stellantis didn't want to do.

That next-gen V8 comes out in 2028, first in the next Corvette, then trucks.

As for Ford, they made sure the Coyote V8 was emissions compliant since the last gen Mustang was going to have it, hence the F-150 still getting it.
Well if its an overhead head cam V8, no thanks. My opinion of the hurricane OHC is the same, but at least its simple, compared to a V8 with OHC's. If I had a decision in an engine design, it'd be close to the Hurricane with a larger displacement minus the modern sensors. Mercedes and BMW have OHC V8's and noway would I buy one of those, and they've been around a long time. EPA needs to be reined in and stopped, then go back to simple V8's.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Well if its an overhead head cam V8, no thanks. My opinion of the hurricane OHC is the same, but at least its simple, compared to a V8 with OHC's. If I had a decision in an engine design, it'd be close to the Hurricane with a larger displacement minus the modern sensors. Mercedes and BMW have OHC V8's and noway would I buy one of those, and they've been around a long time. EPA needs to be reined in and stopped, then go back to simple V8's.

I hear you, but I think it's going to be a similar to their current V8s.

The thing that worries me about the Hurricane is more about the turbo system and how it's designed and its longevity, I don't know if a more complicated NA V8 would scare me more than a more basic inline with complicated turbos.

Finnyatf

Reaction score
Dealer called me and said they checked everything Ram wanted them to check and couldn’t find the problem. They said they took out 3 new 1500 hurricanes for a drive from the lot and all of them misfire…. They told me to take the truck back until Ram finds a solution…

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Dealer called me and said they checked everything Ram wanted them to check and couldn’t find the problem. They said they took out 3 new 1500 hurricanes for a drive from the lot and all of them misfire…. They told me to take the truck back until Ram finds a solution…

This could explain why the biggest dealerships in my city hardly have any RAM stock. Normally 80 - 100 trucks at any one time, now 15-20 trucks, only about half of the 2025s for sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Jako