5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Ram 1500 Big Horn CEL @ 1350 miles

Skobain

Reaction score
I purchased a 2025 Ram 1500 Big Horn (with the standard output hurricane engine) on the 29th of June. Only had like 30 miles on it, rode smooth, absolutely loved everything about the truck. I started noticing that the remote start was very intermittent. Some times when I would attempt a remote start, the lights would flash like it was going to start, but the engine wouldnt turn over. Other times, it would actually start and shut off after 5-10 seconds. This previous Monday (15 July) morning when I was trying to remote start the truck for going to work, it started and shut off immediately. I tried removing start it again while standing next to it a few times, but it still wouldn’t start. About 15 minutes later, I noticed the check engine light was on, so I took it a few hours later to the dealership. By the end of that same day they were able to tell me that the CEL is populating dude to misfires on start up. Haven’t really been stressing this as I have a warranty on the vehicle of course. Today, Thursday 18 July, they give me an update saying that the cause of the misfires is foreign fluid in fuel, and it’s not covered by warranty. They haven’t given me a quote for anything yet, but I’m frustrated as I’ve never had this issue before, especially having only filled up at the same gas stations I’ve used for my Mustang and Edge (all 3 vehicles using 93). Based on what I’ve been reading in this forum for the new 2025 Rams, I’m half-expecting for them to give me the vehicle back after cleaning the lines and the CEL to populate again after anywhere between a day and a week. Also dealt with the driver side mirror folding all the way forward to the hood with ‘auto-folding’ option turned on and popping in and out of position (dealership is replacing the mirror), and they connect apple carplay skips frequently when listening to podcasts or music. This is my first truck and I still love it. I’m not necessarily looking for answers, just needed to vent a little, especially with the truck being so new, and wanted to put the information out there if anyone else runs into this.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score

We have a few people with problems. Here is a thread about the check engine light on the 2025's.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I purchased a 2025 Ram 1500 Big Horn (with the standard output hurricane engine) on the 29th of June. Only had like 30 miles on it, rode smooth, absolutely loved everything about the truck. I started noticing that the remote start was very intermittent. Some times when I would attempt a remote start, the lights would flash like it was going to start, but the engine wouldnt turn over. Other times, it would actually start and shut off after 5-10 seconds. This previous Monday (15 July) morning when I was trying to remote start the truck for going to work, it started and shut off immediately. I tried removing start it again while standing next to it a few times, but it still wouldn’t start. About 15 minutes later, I noticed the check engine light was on, so I took it a few hours later to the dealership. By the end of that same day they were able to tell me that the CEL is populating dude to misfires on start up. Haven’t really been stressing this as I have a warranty on the vehicle of course. Today, Thursday 18 July, they give me an update saying that the cause of the misfires is foreign fluid in fuel, and it’s not covered by warranty. They haven’t given me a quote for anything yet, but I’m frustrated as I’ve never had this issue before, especially having only filled up at the same gas stations I’ve used for my Mustang and Edge (all 3 vehicles using 93). Based on what I’ve been reading in this forum for the new 2025 Rams, I’m half-expecting for them to give me the vehicle back after cleaning the lines and the CEL to populate again after anywhere between a day and a week. Also dealt with the driver side mirror folding all the way forward to the hood with ‘auto-folding’ option turned on and popping in and out of position (dealership is replacing the mirror), and they connect apple carplay skips frequently when listening to podcasts or music. This is my first truck and I still love it. I’m not necessarily looking for answers, just needed to vent a little, especially with the truck being so new, and wanted to put the information out there if anyone else runs into this.

I haven't had any CEL's, but my transmission seems to be getting worse the more I drive. I'm at 1600 miles now. I have the issue you have with apple car play. It will randomly skip while playing music and I've tried to just ignore it, but it is something I shouldn't have to. Welcome to the forum and I'm hoping some of these issues start getting resolved as we go.

Skobain

Reaction score
I haven't had any CEL's, but my transmission seems to be getting worse the more I drive. I'm at 1600 miles now. I have the issue you have with apple car play. It will randomly skip while playing music and I've tried to just ignore it, but it is something I shouldn't have to. Welcome to the forum and I'm hoping some of these issues start getting resolved as we go.
The uconnect apple car play skipping should 100% NOT be an issue for any of us, but I’ve seen it throughout this forum and I think one or two others for various years of the uconnect. Crazy how that’s somehow not fixed by now. I haven’t really noticed anything in regards to my transmission, but once I get the truck back I’ll get more of a feel for it and see about throwing any updates on here. Thanks for the welcoming post, and I to am hoping we start seeing at least some of us getting some traction towards fixing these issues so it helps others!

Finnyatf

Reaction score
Its not fuel contamination. Mine is doing the same thing and many others are having misfire issues. The dealer had my truck for 2 weeks and now gave it back to me saying they are “waiting for a fix”… Ram knows about the issue. I just don’t know when it will get fixed..

Skobain

Reaction score
Its not fuel contamination. Mine is doing the same thing and many others are having misfire issues. The dealer had my truck for 2 weeks and now gave it back to me saying they are “waiting for a fix”… Ram knows about the issue. I just don’t know when it will get fixed..
After reading through the other thread where everyone is talking about something similar to this, and then the dealership calling me to tell me what the issue is, I already assumed it was a ******** answer. I’m going to bring this up to the service department at the dealership, but one thing I was wondering about is if anyone having this misfire issue is still driving their truck around after waiting to hear if Ram finds a fix. I’m sure some people may be driving their truck especially if it’s their only vehicle for getting to work, but I’m wondering if it’s best to hold off on driving it in case it causes further issues or if I should just say **** it and keep driving it in the mean time.

Finnyatf

Reaction score
After reading through the other thread where everyone is talking about something similar to this, and then the dealership calling me to tell me what the issue is, I already assumed it was a ******** answer. I’m going to bring this up to the service department at the dealership, but one thing I was wondering about is if anyone having this misfire issue is still driving their truck around after waiting to hear if Ram finds a fix. I’m sure some people may be driving their truck especially if it’s their only vehicle for getting to work, but I’m wondering if it’s best to hold off on driving it in case it causes further issues or if I should just say **** it and keep driving it in the mean time.
I have been driving mine but not as much.. when i do, i put it in sport mode and it runs much better above 2000 rpm. Probably using more gas but oh well.

Skobain

Reaction score
I have been driving mine but not as much.. when i do, i put it in sport mode and it runs much better above 2000 rpm. Probably using more gas but oh well.
I actually took the truck on a roadtrip shortly after buying it, about 700 miles round trip. Since I’ve done that and having been driving it to and from work until I took it to the dealership, I honestly haven’t noticed any powertrain issues. Even once the CEL came on I finished my drive to work then it was another 20 something miles to the dealership and I noticed no issues. I’m fairly familiar with the feel of misfiring unfortunately as I was having issues with another car recently and cylinders misfiring because of an injector issue. Luckily I’m not feeling anything similar with the truck at all.

Users who are viewing this thread