5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Parts

GraniteRam

Reaction score
Anyone planning on putting parts from the 2025's on their previous model years? I'm looking to swap the taillights on my Laramie to the 25's cause I think they look better than the current one's.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone planning on putting parts from the 2025's on their previous model years? I'm looking to swap the taillights on my Laramie to the 25's cause I think they look better than the current one's.
They went back to plain Jane combined rear lighting (I can’t stand red turn signals). If they fit, it’s a different connector on the tail light, and the BCM will have to be configured for combined rear lighting (assuming the 2019-2024 DT BCM is capable of it, I do know the HD Ram BCM’s are).
Then there’s the blind spot sensors, if your truck is equipped with BSM- the blind spot sensors in the 2025 tail lights won’t work in previous trucks, because they are now controlled by linbus instead of canbus.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
be careful, from what I read the 2025s have a whole new wiring architecture. the 25's lights may not be compatible at all with your truck.
I don't know this for sure, but it's worth checking out ahead of time.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
be careful, from what I read the 2025s have a whole new wiring architecture. the 25's lights may not be compatible at all with your truck.
I don't know this for sure, but it's worth checking out ahead of time.
I checked it out for him and let him know in post #2 above.
But yes, the canbus architecture is different now, and there won’t be many things that can be retrofitted from the 2025’s to the previous trucks.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I checked it out for him and let him know in post #2 above.
But yes, the canbus architecture is different now, and there won’t be many things that can be retrofitted from the 2025’s to the previous trucks.
Does that include retro fitting the power up and down tailgate feature if you have the power release now?

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does that include retro fitting the power up and down tailgate feature if you have the power release now?
Good question. I'm also wondering if the console design is close enough (it looks like it from photos) that we can retrofit the dual wireless charging bit to replace the single wireless charger we have.

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
I'd be curious to see if the passenger side display could be retrofitted to the 5th gens.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Being able to put the tow mirrors on my 20 would keep me in this truck until the Ramcharger is affordable. With the wiring news that may not be possible since I have BSM, heated, power fold, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread