5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Laramie fuel gauge way off on 33 gallon tank can it be adjusted to be even half way correct?

motomarc

Reaction score
:mad: talk about crazy at basically showing a qtr tank or just under not even touching the red it says low fuel.
I can't remote start it to cool the truck in hot days and heat on cold days the computer won't let it! IE it thinks it's low on fuel :mad:(n) with 9 gallons left.
So when I go to fill up when the light comes on it wont even take 23 gallons.
I'm pretty :mad:off about it for the money spent , The truck has a 33 gallon I confirmed on last fill I just kept driving with 0 on the range LOL.
when I did finally get fuel it took just over 30 gallons. I had driven at least another 125-150 miles after it saying 0 miles left.

today I will be filling it up when it says close to 0 miles left and get a even better figure of how dang far off it is!!

So I am hoping there is a fix or something that can be done to make closer to actual amount.

motomarc

Reaction score
AlfaOBD and make sure it calibrated for a 33g tank and not either a 23 or 26g.
thank you that was quick . will the dealership be able to take care of it? I called 2 weeks ago and of course never got an answer or call back.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They “should” be able to w/ whatever software they use but finding one that’s competent and doesn’t screw you around will be mission impossible not to mention getting them to do it on their dime and not charging you. Better off taking your few bucks and verifying it yourself. Cheap software (Alfaobd), bypass cable and bluetooth dongle and you can make changes, scan etc. do a search for Alfaobd you’ll find a thread with information and see what equipment others are using.

a3vr

Reaction score
AlfaOBD and make sure it calibrated for a 33g tank and not either a 23 or 26g.
It’s not that. The 26 gallon acts similar. 1/4 tank gas light comes on and then it only takes 20 gallons.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Two trucks, different size tanks do the same thing.

Sounds like operating as designed, not as desired.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On my truck w/ the stock what I later figured out w/ a 26g tank and now 33g the low fuel light will come on when theres’ approx 50 miles to empty left now then changes depending on what type of mpg I’m getting rather if I’m doing city or hwy driving.

Idk if there’s an actual fix other then verifying to its config for the right size tank. IIRC early on there was some guys with the 33g that had similar issues with the calibration being set for a different tank size and would be off as well.

I would offer to go and test this theory by switching to a 23g or 26g config but my tanks currently full but I can tell you when I swapped to a 33g setup for a the first few days I ran the same stock 26g calibration. The miles to empty was off but I again don’t remember if the fuel gauge ever changed or not.

Users who are viewing this thread