5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 ram push to start not turning off draining battery

Redthree

Reaction score
Did you ever get a clear answer on this I’m having the same issue. This is my radio after the truck has been off for over a half an hour. At the dealership now and won’t recreate the issue.

Hello all, new to this forum, first post.

Just purchased a 2024 ram big horn quad cab. Had it for about 5 days, no issues, then one day I went to start it, dead battery. Jumped it and brought it to dealer, they diagnosed it as a bad battery. ok. Two days later, I had the same issue, dead battery. Called dealer told them about it. I jumped it again, drive it for two hours that day, restarted no problem. That night I noticed that the push to start screen in the middle of the gauge cluster was not going out after I shut the truck off, locked the truck and walked away. I came back two hours later and the screen was still lit, and every so often it would shut off then immediately come back. The little lights around the uconnect were on as well. This was with the key fob in my pocket and back in the house about 50 feet away. Brought it back to the dealer. It have been there for 5 days and they say they cannot replicate it. once the vehicle is turned off there is no drain on battery. Recent searches here come up with similar issues but from the 2019-2020 timeframe, nothing newer. See photo of dash at night after letting it sit for over an hour.

Any opinions here? thoughts? Ami dong something wrong when turning off/exiting the vehicle? thanks

View attachment 175772

Hello all, new to this forum, first post.

Just purchased a 2024 ram big horn quad cab. Had it for about 5 days, no issues, then one day I went to start it, dead battery. Jumped it and brought it to dealer, they diagnosed it as a bad battery. ok. Two days later, I had the same issue, dead battery. Called dealer told them about it. I jumped it again, drive it for two hours that day, restarted no problem. That night I noticed that the push to start screen in the middle of the gauge cluster was not going out after I shut the truck off, locked the truck and walked away. I came back two hours later and the screen was still lit, and every so often it would shut off then immediately come back. The little lights around the uconnect were on as well. This was with the key fob in my pocket and back in the house about 50 feet away. Brought it back to the dealer. It have been there for 5 days and they say they cannot replicate it. once the vehicle is turned off there is no drain on battery. Recent searches here come up with similar issues but from the 2019-2020 timeframe, nothing newer. See photo of dash at night after letting it sit for over an hour.

Any opinions here? thoughts? Ami dong something wrong when turning off/exiting the vehicle? thanks

View attachment 175772
Exact same issue, three days after purchase and parked for overnight battery drained. At dealership now, will see what they can find.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Exact same issue, three days after purchase and parked for overnight battery drained. At dealership now, will see what they can find.
There is already a TSB for those with a software update. Supposedly an OTA update was failing causing the system to stay powered up u til battery died.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online