5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Ram purchase so very disappointed.

Deadair

Reaction score
Plenty of stock of 68623194AB MGU out there. 133 available for VOR order. Depending where you live, should only be down a week or so.
That is good to know. Not sure why they would say it was on back order with no ETA.

Runagun

Reaction score
That is good to know. Not sure why they would say it was on back order with no ETA.
Could be refurbished one they where talking about. When they had to replace the tranny on my pacy hybrid. The refurbs where on backorder and a new one came in a lot quicker. Not saying that it's that but a possibility 🤷

Legal Brief

Reaction score
I’m sorry this happened it sucks!

You do not state your manufacture date versus your delivery date. Very possible your truck has been sitting for six month or a year.

Always check manufacture date and pick the newest build. That insures you get the newest part versions and least impact of sitting. Then insistence that dealer run the vehicle through the service department and do all updates and check battery prior to your accepting vehicle (even if it means you wait a few days).

At this point you need to get a bit alpha to get action including a call to RAM (they can make parts appear in hours). I agree that there is a short or loose ground, that ties to the failure.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The wife and I lemon lawed a brand new kia a couple years ago, and it was a fairly simple process (in Pa). Transmission went out and it was in the shop for some 50 days or so. Couldn't get a new one due to covid and shipping. We weren't in love with the car, so it was kind of our way out. We also had the option of keeping it and getting a one time (lesser) payout. We hired an online attorney (at no cost to us) and they handled almost everything aside from gathering some paperwork that we had. Honestly, it was our dealer that put us on to the lemon law. If it were me, I would continue to make payments and see it get resolved. Depending on how long it takes, you could then file with lemon law and either get your payments back and keep the truck, and maybe get the dealer to throw in some extras, or you could get out of it completely if you wanted to. I wouldn't show your hand and tell your intentions right away though to the dealer. Again, just me though. If I can be of any more help on the lemon law stuff, let me know.

U

User_3336

Always check manufacture date and pick the newest build. That insures you get the newest part versions and least impact of sitting. Then insistence that dealer run the vehicle through the service department and do all updates and check battery prior to your accepting vehicle (even if it means you wait a few days).
Getting the newest and best off the line isn't always possible! Sometimes, you just have to analyze what's on the lot, and choose from current inventory. Say you found what you like (color, engine, options wise), but the truck has been there 7 months. Take it or search elsewhere? you're not always going to get a "new truck" just unloaded from the carrier.

You can't "insist" the dealer do anything! FCA vehicles have to be hooked up to a computer, analyzed, and all results have to be within spec before it will even be released to the customer. I've seen it happen, and was once delayed because of an issue.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Purchased a brand new Ram Rebel G/T 5.7 etorque on 2/23/24. Super excited since I have been on the fence about buying a truck for the past 3 years.
Drove home from the dealer and found one of the cargo lights out. No big deal just a bulb.
The next morning head out and get a message on the Uconnect screen… “Surge detected on USB hub. Please disconnect device.” This is odd since I have not used any of the USB ports yet.
Sunday 3/3/24 the check engine light comes on. Took it to a local dealer Monday since the place I bought it from is an hour and 45 minutes away. Just got the call the third brake light needs to be replaced for what I thought was a bulb issue. The alternator needs to be replaced for the check engine light and the USB issues. Only issue is the alternator is on back order with no ETA. They are saying my truck will be down for a minimum of 30-45 days.
The dealer is telling me to take it back to the dealer I bought it from and make them give me a loaner.

I am so disappointed to have finally bought my dream truck and have It in my possession for what 9 days and 200 miles and have this happen.
Not sure why you would have to go back to the selling dealer to ask for a loaner. If your local RAM dealer won't help you out like that, and is trying to pass the buck, may e they aren't the best dealer to work.in your truck. It doesn't matter where you bought it from, the warranty is good at any RAM dealer. If your local dealer feels you should have a loaner, make them give you one.

And if they are telling you the alternator is bad I'd definitely go to a different dealer, because your truck doesn't have an alternator.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure why you would have to go back to the selling dealer to ask for a loaner.
They want him to take his truck back to where he purchased it and get a loaner/rental from them.

Most likely they do not want to give out a car from their inventory for that period of time. Warranty will not reimburse them for all of that time.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They want him to take his truck back to where he purchased it and get a loaner/rental from them.

Most likely they do not want to give out a car from their inventory for that period of time. Warranty will not reimburse them for all of that time.
The selling dealer will be the same way. Just because you bought the truck from them doesn't mean they will give you a loaner. Seems like a cop out by the local dealer not wanting to work on his truck because he didn't buy it from them. Even though warranty pays the same.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Except dealers often use the nomenclature used by the manufacture and parts sources and it is in fact called an alternator by Mopar.

2019-2024 Ram 1500 Alternator Kit 68623194AB | MOPAR Parts On Sale
Guess it depends which parts source you are looking at.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The selling dealer will be the same way.
You assume this. Many times, especially if an issue happens soon after a vehicle is purchased new, the selling dealer(if also the servicing dealer) will provide a car. The reasoning, even if you don't want to believe it, is you are a loyal customer of both the service and sales departments. They will work together to get things done.

I see it all the time. Buy a car 3 hours away and have major(or minor) issues and want their car fixed now and want a loaner now. Doesn't happen, we offer them a rental they can pay for because we are 2 weeks out for service apts.

U

User_3336

I see it all the time. Buy a car 3 hours away and have major(or minor) issues and want their car fixed now and want a loaner now. Doesn't happen, we offer them a rental they can pay for because we are 2 weeks out for service apts.

Does a MOPAR ESP pay for that (if one has one)?

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does a MOPAR ESP pay for that (if one has one)?
If you are under factory 3/36 warranty, my understanding is Mopar service plans do not pay. They only pay after 3/36 warranty is expired. I could be wrong about that. The reason would be dealers could double dip to get paid more $.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's because they are not "loaners" they all are rentals..... someone is paying for them.That being warranty, sales department, service department, or the customer.

This isn't difficult or is it.... if it is difficult for you, my apologies.

We offer a shuttle service also. Customers who are not under warranty it is a courtesy service for free. Customers under warranty, the shuttle is billed to warranty. Warranty will pay for uber and lyft services also. If the dealer is doing this for free...it's not they just pay for it out of the shop supplies that they bulk you for. 😂

Dealerships don't operate with free loaners, shuttles, ubers and so on. There is a fee or a bill somewhere.
I know they aren't actually free. But, like so said before, I'd wager there are more dealers who don't offer laoners, rental or not, than dealers that do

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was told the MaxCare I have though Mopar will cover a rental but only a max of 5 days.
I believe there needs to a claim for them to pay. They are NOT the same as Ram warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread