5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Ram purchase so very disappointed.

Deadair

Reaction score
Purchased a brand new Ram Rebel G/T 5.7 etorque on 2/23/24. Super excited since I have been on the fence about buying a truck for the past 3 years.
Drove home from the dealer and found one of the cargo lights out. No big deal just a bulb.
The next morning head out and get a message on the Uconnect screen… “Surge detected on USB hub. Please disconnect device.” This is odd since I have not used any of the USB ports yet.
Sunday 3/3/24 the check engine light comes on. Took it to a local dealer Monday since the place I bought it from is an hour and 45 minutes away. Just got the call the third brake light needs to be replaced for what I thought was a bulb issue. The alternator needs to be replaced for the check engine light and the USB issues. Only issue is the alternator is on back order with no ETA. They are saying my truck will be down for a minimum of 30-45 days.
The dealer is telling me to take it back to the dealer I bought it from and make them give me a loaner.

I am so disappointed to have finally bought my dream truck and have It in my possession for what 9 days and 200 miles and have this happen.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your experience. I would contact the dealer you purchased it from and give a respectful earful. And have them make it right somehow. I don’t know what that would be exactly, but something for you to discuss with them that will make you happy within reason. But after the CHMSL (brake light) is replaced and alternator is replaced, hopefully you don’t have any further problems. At minimum you should get a loaner at no cost and have them throw in some off-road running boards for your troubles. 🤷🏼‍♂️😇. Best of luck.

Deadair

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your experience. I would contact the dealer you purchased it from and give a respectful earful. And have them make it right somehow. I don’t know what that would be exactly, but something for you to discuss with them that will make you happy within reason. But after the CHMSL (brake light) is replaced and alternator is replaced, hopefully you don’t have any further problems. At minimum you should get a loaner at no cost and have them throw in some off-road running boards for your troubles. 🤷🏼‍♂️😇. Best of luck.
Thank you. The running board would be nice. I was going to order some power steps on Sunday since the wife was already complaining but decided to hold off once the check engine light came on.

cerbo

Reaction score
check the lemon law in you r state, even if you don t go that route, bluff them because 30-45 days down on a new truck is unacceptable . I ve had companies make those payments on two months too.
I got 1300 miles on my 24 with no issue (yet).
Basically yours is only an alternator (etorque). That s a fast fix so they'll have to hunt the part down which they can do. Once you get someone above the dealership involved it usually goes much quicker. good luck.

Deadair

Reaction score
check the lemon law in you r state, even if you don t go that route, bluff them because 30-45 days down on a new truck is unacceptable . I ve had companies make those payments on two months too.
I got 1300 miles on my 24 with no issue (yet).
Basically yours is only an alternator (etorque). That s a fast fix so they'll have to hunt the part down which they can do. Once you get someone above the dealership involved it usually goes much quicker. good luck.
I think in Georgia it is 30 days but I will look into it after work today. Really don’t want to go that route but tossing it out there might help.

Runagun

Reaction score
Lemon law the bth. Thing has a short somewhere. Not worth the trouble finding it out especially so new.

cerbo

Reaction score
I think in Georgia it is 30 days but I will look into it after work today. Really don’t want to go that route but tossing it out there might help.
They ll get the part right away if you go that route.

stevieb92

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your troubles with your new truck. I ordered a new Rebel GT and also had a bulb out on the CHMSL when I picked it up. I replaced the bulb and it's been fine since.

dajogejr

Reaction score
Have them make a payment.
Have them throw in the first oil change as a courtesey.

And that’s after they give you a loaner.
Anything can happen, back in 2015 my wife’s Cherokee had a few hundred miles on it, before the first payment was sent in, radio quit on it. They had it for a few weeks, gave her a Grand Cherokee loaner and made the first 2 payments for her.

I realize, this is not 2015 anymore….but a brand new truck, that’s you’re financially on the hook for… they need to make it right.

But… give them the chance to do so, professionally and with courtesy. Ask, politely.
I always laugh at people who think you should go in there, cause havoc and make a scene, stomping feet, holding your breath, then get upset when they’re treated like he children they’re acting like.

Ask, be reasonable…

Deadair

Reaction score
Have them make a payment.
Have them throw in the first oil change as a courtesey.

And that’s after they give you a loaner.
Anything can happen, back in 2015 my wife’s Cherokee had a few hundred miles on it, before the first payment was sent in, radio quit on it. They had it for a few weeks, gave her a Grand Cherokee loaner and made the first 2 payments for her.

I realize, this is not 2015 anymore….but a brand new truck, that’s you’re financially on the hook for… they need to make it right.

But… give them the chance to do so, professionally and with courtesy. Ask, politely.
I always laugh at people who think you should go in there, cause havoc and make a scene, stomping feet, holding your breath, then get upset when they’re treated like he children they’re acting like.

Ask, be reasonable…
Did the dealer make the payment or did Ram?

cerbo

Reaction score
The manufactures makes it not the dealer.... fyi, that why you have to make your voice with them that you aren t happy with that long to replace an alternator..

Deadair

Reaction score

Deadair

Reaction score
The manufactures makes it not the dealer.... fyi, that why you have to make your voice with them that you aren t happy with that long to replace an alternator..
Thank you for the information. Waiting on a call back from the selling dealer now. Next call will be to Ram.

U

User_3336

The alternator needs to be replaced for the check engine light and the USB issues. Only issue is the alternator is on back order with no ETA. They are saying my truck will be down for a minimum of 30-45 days.
The dealer is telling me to take it back to the dealer I bought it from and make them give me a loaner.
Etorque trucks have alternators ? ?

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Plenty of stock of 68623194AB MGU out there. 133 available for VOR order. Depending where you live, should only be down a week or so.

Big Country

Reaction score
This is a Ram issue, not a dealer issue. The dealer should provide you with a loaner until your vehicle is fixed. They will be reimbursed by Ram. The dealer is not responsible for manufacturer issues. Your dealer can reach out to Ram, and ask if they can cannibalize a truck on the lot to get you going again.

Reaction score
they will get you straight it may be smooth sailing after the repair. this validates my choice to buy a clean low mile used non e torque. i plan i keeping my truck till the bitter end

dajogejr

Reaction score
Did the dealer make the payment or did Ram?
As previously stated, manufacturer made the payments…which was Jeep in my wife’s case :)
All they asked for was proof of monthly payment amount since we financed through our Credit Union instead of through the dealer (Manufacturer)

Users who are viewing this thread