5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram Limited Widget

Whitey

Reaction score
My 2023 Ram 1500 Limited has widgets you can have displayed on the center screen. Recently I have noticed that there is one called "gauges" which these also show in the EVIC display if wanted. The issue is that none of the gauges work in the widget display of the center screen. Just wondering if anyone else was seeing this? I did find this online via the NHTSA site. See attached

Attachments

• MC-10241040-9999.pdf
    140 KB · Views: 94

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My 2023 Ram 1500 Limited has widgets you can have displayed on the center screen. Recently I have noticed that there is one called "gauges" which these also show in the EVIC display if wanted. The issue is that none of the gauges work in the widget display of the center screen. Just wondering if anyone else was seeing this? I did find this online via the NHTSA site. See attached
My 24 had them working, when I first chose them, as one of the displays, now only the brake control gauge shows anything, the others are blank. They also show Celsius, when I have all setting in Fahrenheit. I wondered if I changed something by mistake, but haven't found anything. Also wondered it there was an OTA update or something that caused it. Our Limiteds have a different display than the Rebels, or trucks with Off Road Group, that you found.

Last edited:

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the gauges on one of my home screens and seldom worked. Occasionally all of them would work but more often only one or none of them would work. I tried opening them directly under the Towing App and they still didn't work.

I think their main function is to monitor during towing so perhaps they are more dependable if you have a trailer connected. There is also an odometer that does not record miles unless you have a trailer connected to the 7 pin harness.

6of36

Reaction score
Mine came back to life today. I'm crossing my fingers, and knocking wood they stay.:p

Whitey

Reaction score
Some days mine work, most days they don’t. Terrible software engineering.

6of36

Reaction score
You got a 2024, there's no wood inside to knock on ;)
It didn't help any way. It stopped again the next morning. Then it worked again. I'm going to try and see if I do anything different, ie remote start, waiting for power running boards to retract, how fast I shift out of park, or anything else different, when they do or don't work.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
It didn't help any way. It stopped again the next morning. Then it worked again. I'm going to try and see if I do anything different, ie remote start, waiting for power running boards to retract, how fast I shift out of park, or anything else different, when they do or don't work.
I mean the PDF abode says it's offroad pages.
A limited doesn't have offroad pages properly.
The EVIC gauges screen si not part of the off-road pages, but on the radio it is.
The picture shows an Rebel which has offroad pages.
A Laramie GT can also get those pages.

The gauges on my truck work on the radio, but only because I enabled offroad pages and removed Ram's ability to spy and screw with me or else it would be zapped on the radio in under 12 hours.

OP says he has a Limited, so he will not get that page on his radio to work properly, as it's not suppose to.

6of36

Reaction score
I mean the PDF abode says it's offroad pages.
A limited doesn't have offroad pages properly.
The EVIC gauges screen si not part of the off-road pages, but on the radio it is.
The picture shows an Rebel which has offroad pages.
A Laramie GT can also get those pages.

The gauges on my truck work on the radio, but only because I enabled offroad pages and removed Ram's ability to spy and screw with me or else it would be zapped on the radio in under 12 hours.

OP says he has a Limited, so he will not get that page on his radio to work properly, as it's not suppose to.
The gauge page is standard on a Limited now, not part of the off road pages. The only thing off road pages gives you is the page with the angle gauges.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
The gauge page is standard on a Limited now, not part of the off road pages. The only thing off road pages gives you is the page with the angle gauges.
I was just looking at the PDF OP attached, it says off road pages.
Must be differnet then.

6of36

Reaction score
I was just looking at the PDF OP attached, it says off road pages.
Must be differnet then.
Yeah, he got that pic off a site, not his truck. And I think changes were made with the digital dash, and UC5.

Users who are viewing this thread