5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Order

tom318

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I guess ill stick with my 21. Not a fan of being forced into the 12'' screen with the Laramie, I like my buttons and knobs.
I cant believe they aren't including the Class IV hitch, that's just rude. Very pricey trucks and I bet that hitch costs them $50-80...... Hopefully the lug nuts are at least included.

HARDWATERFLYER

Reaction score
I have a 2023 Laramie ordered 8/30/22. Night Edition, Level B,Advanced Safety Group, Off Road Group,Trailer Brake Controller. Currently drive 2020 1500 Laramie equipped the same excluding the Off Road Group. Retail price is a few dollars shy of $10,000 more for the 2023 vs. 2020. Equipment Package Listings indicate Heads Up Display included in ASG. Also 22" All-Terrain tires included with the ORG. I hope the last two items are correct but I doubt the HUD listing is correct. If any one else has viewed the "Feature Availability" for 2023 Ram 1500 pages wondering if it is a mistake.

Mketch

Reaction score
I have a 2023 Laramie ordered 8/30/22. Night Edition, Level B,Advanced Safety Group, Off Road Group,Trailer Brake Controller. Currently drive 2020 1500 Laramie equipped the same excluding the Off Road Group. Retail price is a few dollars shy of $10,000 more for the 2023 vs. 2020. Equipment Package Listings indicate Heads Up Display included in ASG. Also 22" All-Terrain tires included with the ORG. I hope the last two items are correct but I doubt the HUD listing is correct. If any one else has viewed the "Feature Availability" for 2023 Ram 1500 pages wondering if it is a mistake.
My guess is you will have 20 inch wheels. 22s with the off road group. Not sure about HUD. You are going to lose reclining rear seats, heated rear seats, and your 4 way lumbar is going down to 2 way. Also you have to pay extra for the hitch. You sure you want to pay 10k more for that? Off road group bits can be added after the fact.

HARDWATERFLYER

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. Also the Night Edition lists a lowered ride height 1". The Off Road Group lists a higher ride height 1". So which is it? I still have time to Cancel the ORG according to my Dealer. I do have VON# but no additional info>

Kumba1010

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I guess ill stick with my 21. Not a fan of being forced into the 12'' screen with the Laramie, I like my buttons and knobs.
I cant believe they aren't including the Class IV hitch, that's just rude. Very pricey trucks and I bet that hitch costs them $50-80...... Hopefully the lug nuts are at least included.
ooh no not $50 - 80....Class IV Receiver Hitch (XFH) $445 (MSRP)/$409 (FWP) from MD

tom318

Reaction score
ooh no not $50 - 80....Class IV Receiver Hitch (XFH) $445 (MSRP)/$409 (FWP) from MD
I'm thinking that's what it actually costs RAM to have them put on. In terms of what we will pay that $500 mark was roughly what I was thinking. Its criminal. Ever since all this shortage stuff started this pricing would drive me crazy. Like the Value Lighting package on the Laramie, Save $500, but costs $1K or more to add them to a Bighorn.

Come on RAM, even the rear reclining seats had to disappear? Our friends and family love that feature.

I saw this with BMWs also with power seats. A sales guy we work with often said this was happening but at least it saved the customers $500... Can you imagine dropping $60k+ on a BMW sedan to have it delivered with no power seats and they tell you at least you saved a lot.

Last edited:

LGB24

Reaction score
Hi All - I'm new here. There is a lot of discussion on this forum and others about 2023 orders/production. I ordered a 2023 Ram Rebel on 9/5. The dealership just told me that a VIN has been assigned and the truck is scheduled for production. The Ram tracking website has not updated yet, but I'll provide additional scheduling/production info. It sounds like Ram 1500 2023 production is moving along.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi All - I'm new here. There is a lot of discussion on this forum and others about 2023 orders/production. I ordered a 2023 Ram Rebel on 9/5. The dealership just told me that a VIN has been assigned and the truck is scheduled for production. The Ram tracking website has not updated yet, but I'll provide additional scheduling/production info. It sounds like Ram 1500 2023 production is moving along.
Production is not moving along yet. It is currently slated to begin on 11/10/22. They're just assigning VINs to the orders that have been received thus far.

LGB24

Reaction score
Production is not moving along yet. It is currently slated to begin on 11/10/22. They're just assigning VINs to the orders that have been received thus far.
What's your source for the 11/10 date?

Edit: Everyone seems to have different dates, but hardly anyone cites their source. I've seen late September, October, 11/1, and now 11/10. A few weeks ago, Ben Hardy said production was pushed to January 2023 and that no 2023s would be produced in January. Heck, one guy on Ram Forum said they had not even produced VIN-less trucks for auto shows, which was clearly garbage because they were at auto shows last week.

Last edited:

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What's your source for the 11/10 date?

Edit: Everyone seems to have different dates, but hardly anyone cites their source. I've seen late September, October, 11/1, and now 11/10. A few weeks ago, Ben Hardy said production was pushed to January 2023 and that no 2023s would be produced in January. Heck, one guy on Ram Forum said they had not even produced VIN-less trucks for auto shows, which was clearly garbage because they were at auto shows last week.
There are a couple of people on the TRX forum with access to the internal schedules at SHAP (Sterling Heights Assembly Plant). The "Job #1" date keeps sliding back, and is currently at 11/10.

And for what it's worth, I have downloaded 119 build sheets for 2023 "pilot vehicles" - the ones they use for testing and auto shows. They all have VINs (whether they're stamped on the car or not).

LGB24

Reaction score
There are a couple of people on the TRX forum with access to the internal schedules at SHAP (Sterling Heights Assembly Plant). The "Job #1" date keeps sliding back, and is currently at 11/10.

And for what it's worth, I have downloaded 119 build sheets for 2023 "pilot vehicles" - the ones they use for testing and auto shows. They all have VINs (whether they're stamped on the car or not).
Thanks! Sounds like you have legitimate info.

LGB24

Reaction score
So the status is: D - Firm schedule:serial number is assigned. What does "firm schedule" mean? Does that mean it has actually been scheduled for production at some point (even if it is a couple months out)?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So the status is: D - Firm schedule:serial number is assigned. What does "firm schedule" mean? Does that mean it has actually been scheduled for production at some point (even if it is a couple months out)?
It basically means nothing - they've got your order, and your truck will be built at some point. Once your status changes to D1, you'll have an estimated ship date (which basically means it's the date they expect to build your truck). D1 status usually occurs a few weeks beforehand. I wouldn't expect to see any changes from D status until at least mid-October at best.

BendPharmD

Reaction score
It basically means nothing - they've got your order, and your truck will be built at some point. Once your status changes to D1, you'll have an estimated ship date (which basically means it's the date they expect to build your truck). D1 status usually occurs a few weeks beforehand. I wouldn't expect to see any changes from D status until at least mid-October at best.
All good info…I appreciate it @Eighty

I am not expecting my truck to be at the dealer until 2023

Kumba1010

Reaction score
Good to hear that 2023 VINs have starting popping up

nabatron

Reaction score
I didn’t know rebels ever came with front facing cameras good to know

G'Dave

Reaction score
Ordered a 2023 Laramie from MD end of last month and was provided with MSRP, FWP, FFP etc. Is FWP not the same as dealer invoice?...btw no VIN yet

Hey Kumba1010, I don't know if your question about pricing was answered.
FWP (Factory Wholesale Price) is lower than MSRP, but higher then FFP and EP. I'm still not exactly sure where the "invoice price" fits into this.
Here is a screenshot of my quote from MD back in January 2022 (truck details in my sig):-
1663813962972.png

Users who are viewing this thread