5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Order

bronco44

Reaction score

bronco44

Reaction score
yes, this is exactly what I was looking for. I knew I should have just asked days ago but didn't want to be one of those guys that doesn't even bother to look before asking a question.

Is that the best offer available or did I miss seeing on a better one?
I'd say it depends on where you live. Almost everyone on here recommends ordering from Mark Dodge in Louisiana as they have consistent pricing and are almost always ~10% under MSRP. Plus they deliver anywhere in the US.

I personally just ordered from Koons because with their current deal, I'm getting 14.25% under MSRP. Only downside is they have a very high Doc Fee ($899). But being in NY, that was half of the delivery fee from Mark Dodge.

There's also Granger Motors in Iowa who seem to be similar to Mark Dodge in pricing (perhaps slightly worse). I didn't really look too close into them.

SalMeatballs

Reaction score
I'd say it depends on where you live. Almost everyone on here recommends ordering from Mark Dodge in Louisiana as they have consistent pricing and are almost always ~10% under MSRP. Plus they deliver anywhere in the US.

I personally just ordered from Koons because with their current deal, I'm getting 14.25% under MSRP. Only downside is they have a very high Doc Fee ($899). But being in NY, that was half of the delivery fee from Mark Dodge.

There's also Granger Motors in Iowa who seem to be similar to Mark Dodge in pricing (perhaps slightly worse). I didn't really look too close into them.
I'm in Southern NJ, just outside of Philly. I saw mention of Mark Dodge but was so intent on finding the above post that I didn't actually search out the threads with his offer.

bronco44

Reaction score
I'm in Southern NJ, just outside of Philly. I saw mention of Mark Dodge but was so intent on finding the above post that I didn't actually search out the threads with his offer.
I did forget to mention Lakeland Dodge in FL but since you're in NJ, I'd say Koons is your best bet, especially with their current deal. Mark Dodge quoted me $1.25/mile for delivery which would be just over $1700. With Koons, it's only ~6 hours from me which allows me to drive down, trade in my car, and gives me a tax break. But if you want it delivered with Koons, you'll have to set it up yourself.

SalMeatballs

Reaction score
I did forget to mention Lakeland Dodge in FL but since you're in NJ, I'd say Koons is your best bet, especially with their current deal. Mark Dodge quoted me $1.25/mile for delivery which would be just over $1700. With Koons, it's only ~6 hours from me which allows me to drive down, trade in my car, and gives me a tax break. But if you want it delivered with Koons, you'll have to set it up yourself.
I'll drive down. Criswell & Koons were the 2 I was looking at in 2021 before a unexpected change in priorities put everything on hold. I remember them being 20 minutes from each other but don't remember driving times down there. Probably around 3 -3.5 hours though.

Thanks for the help. And best wishes with your order

SalMeatballs

Reaction score
I ordered from Mark Dodge yesterday. $1200 for delivery but found flights from PHL to LCH for $200-300.
If I choose delivery I'll still be saving 10% but may fly down & make a mini vacation out of the drive home since I have friends along the way no matter which route I decide to take home.

Thanks for your help the other day

cliffsta

Reaction score
I ordered from Mark Dodge yesterday. $1200 for delivery but found flights from PHL to LCH for $200-300.
If I choose delivery I'll still be saving 10% but may fly down & make a mini vacation out of the drive home since I have friends along the way no matter which route I decide to take home.

That would be a beautiful drive if you follow Google's directions. You'd get to see "traditional" Louisiana (aka the swamp) especially if you take I-10 through NOLA and not I-12 along the Northshore. Just don't stop anywhere in NOLA.... You'd cross a couple of the longest bridges in the world. Plus you'd get to take I-59 through Chattanooga. Beautiful drive. My wife and I drove to Virginia twice in the span of 6 months, and that's some beautiful country.

SalMeatballs

Reaction score
That would be a beautiful drive if you follow Google's directions. You'd get to see "traditional" Louisiana (aka the swamp) especially if you take I-10 through NOLA and not I-12 along the Northshore. Just don't stop anywhere in NOLA.... You'd cross a couple of the longest bridges in the world. Plus you'd get to take I-59 through Chattanooga. Beautiful drive. My wife and I drove to Virginia twice in the span of 6 months, and that's some beautiful country.
It's been years since I've done any long drives but used to spur of the moment burn a vacation day before a holiday/long weekend combination & drive to visit friends all over. When getting phone calls from me they never knew if I was calling to catch up, if I added a layover in a nearby airport during a trip or if I was about to tell them I was driving by & would be there in a few hours.

I haven't been to Nashville in 30 years & have never been to New Orleans so I may pick one of those spots since I now have friends living in each location. Stopping in the Carolinas will probably happen either way. My original thought was flying out early & spending a couple days in Texas with family before picking up the truck.

Since I have no idea when it will be ready I'll just play it by ear & decide when the time comes.

bronco44

Reaction score

Nice! Glad to help. If you don't mind me asking, any reason why you went with MD over Koons? I know their special ended on 2/1 but wasn't sure if there was some other factor?

I'm also surprised by that delivery quote. I'd guess we're similar distance away from MD (I'm ~1400 miles) and I was quoted around $1700 back in December.

SalMeatballs

Reaction score
Nice! Glad to help. If you don't mind me asking, any reason why you went with MD over Koons? I know their special ended on 2/1 but wasn't sure if there was some other factor?

I'm also surprised by that delivery quote. I'd guess we're similar distance away from MD (I'm ~1400 miles) and I was quoted around $1700 back in December.

The extra 3.5% without having to join Treadlightly, etc

Fuel is cheaper now than it was in Dec. That could be the diference simce your less than 200 miles from me (assuming not too far beyond the city)

Derek916

Reaction score
Does MD not accept Tread Lightly anymore? It use to be a $500 coupon.

Users who are viewing this thread