5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 new cluster leaked

NHRoadking

Reaction score
It's getting a mid-cycle refresh, that's confirmed. Not sure if it's a 2023 or 2024 model year though.
I thought someone posted that there will be no refresh until 2023 for the 2024 model.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here’s a VIN of a 2023 HD Ram, which was built on the same production line while the 2022’s are still being built. 3C6UR4SJ0PG500001. It has the 12” digital cluster also, along with some other new features.
A bit off topic, but two things that stood out to me on that build sheet:
  • Longhorn Interior Accents but also “Indigo Frost” and other Limited accoutrements.
  • Auxiliary Wireless Camera — is that new?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
A bit off topic, but two things that stood out to me on that build sheet:
  • Longhorn Interior Accents but also “Indigo Frost” and other Limited accoutrements.
  • Auxiliary Wireless Camera — is that new?
I wouldn’t put too much stock in the indigo frost interior in a longhorn because they will sometimes Frankenstein the pilot vehicles.
Yes, there seems to be a 3rd iteration of the digital rear view mirror, and the wireless aux camera may be tied to that. The digital rear view mirror that ram uses is far more capable from the company that builds it than ram makes use of- probably so they can release a “new feature” of it each year.
I know some people freak out when HDs are talked about on 1500 forum, and vice versa, but it’s relevant because you can get some insight of what ram may have planned for both models coming up. For example, 1500 got trailer reverse steering in 21, so we knew it was eventually coming for the HD, which is now listed on the 2023 HD listing. The 23 HD is getting telescoping tow mirrors, so that may be something coming to the 1500 for the 2024 refresh.

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's what I'm hoping. With a full digital screen you'd hope you could customize it completely to show what you want. I love my 2020 cluster, but I never ever ever look at the analog fuel gauge and some of the other things. It'd be nice to have more usable space if you can customize it.
I am sure Ram will have some customizability engineered in(depending on the model) as we can make quite a few changes to the current cluster.

My wife has a 2021 Yukon and the center gauge screen is nice, but you cannot change anything other than what current info you want to see. It is honestly kinda boring.

mhb1638

Reaction score
I am sure Ram will have some customizability engineered in(depending on the model) as we can make quite a few changes to the current cluster.

My wife has a 2021 Yukon and the center gauge screen is nice, but you cannot change anything other than what current info you want to see. It is honestly kinda boring.
Didn't they change that in the '22 models?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
this is a 1500 forum

don't care about a 2500

There's a lot of cross over technology so it's relevant. Particularly when there's an ongoing discussion regarding the new tech and it's shown up on the HD line.

n8zcc

Reaction score
In say five years (or whatever), there will be a picture of the new RAM cluster floating around and may look similar to current production. Everyone will comment on how nice it looks and others will be unimpressed, parallel to the comments in this thread.

Personally, I spend much more time looking at the HUD, which I really like albeit it wasn't something I would have ordered if it had not been bundled in the Level 1 option group. I'm happy with the current configurable cluster and the new one looks nice also but it isn't a feature that would influence my purchase decision.

But when I hear of full digital clusters, for some reason, I get a visual of the Ford digital cluster that reminds me of old, like 1970's old, of the Pong arcade video game.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
Also nice to see that the Limited on the picture has a normal steering wheel instead of that piece of Wood like plastic on top of the steering wheel.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Also nice to see that the Limited on the picture has a normal steering wheel instead of that piece of Wood like plastic on top of the steering wheel.
That might not necessarily be the case for when they go to production. Same type of situation that I explained above:
I wouldn’t put too much stock in the indigo frost interior in a longhorn because they will sometimes Frankenstein the pilot vehicles.

Users who are viewing this thread