5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 new cluster leaked

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I don’t feel any overwhelming excitement over that cluster. Kinda like when NASCAR when full digital. 🤔

jent

Reaction score
I don't really care about digital vs "analog". The issue I would face with it is the lack of information presented. I like how much is shown on the current cluster without having to dive into a lot of menus. And the configuration of what is displayed in the current cluster is pretty good.

What I see shows a step back there, but hopefully it can be configured better.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
I like it, but all that matters to me is that I can still get the display with the 4 center readouts for oil temp, coolant temp, oil pressure and tranny temp along with current gear the tranny is in.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I need Jimmy07 to jump on whatever harness are needed for me to retrofit one when it becomes available.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I welcome any opportunity to eliminate analog displays. Digital is always better.

View attachment 128392
View attachment 128393
Until the display fails. Ask me how I know this ('84 Mercury Cougar). :ROFLMAO:

I agree that digital can clean things up considerably. And it's not usually an issue with digital displays for several years. But when one fails you lose everything.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I want to know how they got that down the line while still building my2022?

and no one mentioned it before this!
You do realize that they build pilot vehicles on the same production line for the following model year to road test while the current model year is still being built, right?
I want to see the VIN.
Here’s a VIN of a 2023 HD Ram, which was built on the same production line while the 2022’s are still being built. 3C6UR4SJ0PG500001. It has the 12” digital cluster also, along with some other new features.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I need Jimmy07 to jump on whatever harness are needed for me to retrofit one when it becomes available.
From outward appearance, it does look to be the same shape as current. I would think the connector/circuits might be the same, but who knows if it would actually work. Then there’s that little hurdle of not being able to buy a brand new cluster, so one would have to wait to find one out of a wreck to get their hands on one.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Until the display fails. Ask me how I know this ('84 Mercury Cougar). :ROFLMAO:

I agree that digital can clean things up considerably. And it's not usually an issue with digital displays for several years. But when one fails you lose everything.
I'm okay with that. If it fails, I'll just use my digital speedometer app with HUD. 😎

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
You do realize that they build pilot vehicles on the same production line for the following model year to road test while the current model year is still being built, right?

Here’s a VIN of a 2023 HD Ram, which was built on the same production line while the 2022’s are still being built. 3C6UR4SJ0PG500001. It has the 12” digital cluster also, along with some other new features.
this is a 1500 forum

don't care about a 2500

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

apparently you did not read my entire post
"and no one mentioned it before this!"

I am very aware how cars are made on an assembly line!!

NHRoadking

Reaction score
I hope they change more for the 2023 model than that. Pretty disappointing.

Refresh is needed.

Users who are viewing this thread