5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 laramie

HARDWATERFLYER

Reaction score
I picked up my 2023 Laramie Level2 "Night Edition" with ORG on January 11, 2023. It did not have heated rear seats or reclining rear seats either. It also did not have "painted to match" wheel lip mouldings, very disa ppointed in the wheel moulding not being there. Didn't notice it until it was parked next to my 2020 Laramie with the same packages. Dealer is checking on the issue but said nothing will be done. No digital instrument cluster either. Still enjoy the truck and am going to do the wheel mouldings myself {as in a local body shop}.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I picked up my 2023 Laramie Level2 "Night Edition" with ORG on January 11, 2023. It did not have heated rear seats or reclining rear seats either. It also did not have "painted to match" wheel lip mouldings, very disa ppointed in the wheel moulding not being there. Didn't notice it until it was parked next to my 2020 Laramie with the same packages. Dealer is checking on the issue but said nothing will be done. No digital instrument cluster either. Still enjoy the truck and am going to do the wheel mouldings myself {as in a local body shop}.
I do believe the wheel flares did disappear from Laramie, or would be a package this year, but digital dash should be option on Big Horn, and standard on Laramie on up.

Bohj63

Reaction score
I just picked up basically the same truck (2023 Laramie Level 2 Night Edition) on 3/18 and it also did not come the the heated and reclining rears seats. My dealership (Koons) says they change up the packages all the time and don't tell them about it. They stated that before I noticed what was missing. Koons says I should contact RAM Care, which I did. They were quick to respond however, they say I need to go thru dealership. They're both pointing the fingers at each other. I truly believe this should be the factory's problem and should own up. I'm sure they'll stand behind some small print saying they can change anything they want at anytime. For printed material, I can understand, but they should really keep their website up to date with what they are providing. It false advertising and I'm sure I'll get f'd.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I just picked up basically the same truck (2023 Laramie Level 2 Night Edition) on 3/18 and it also did not come the the heated and reclining rears seats. My dealership (Koons) says they change up the packages all the time and don't tell them about it. They stated that before I noticed what was missing. Koons says I should contact RAM Care, which I did. They were quick to respond however, they say I need to go thru dealership. They're both pointing the fingers at each other. I truly believe this should be the factory's problem and should own up. I'm sure they'll stand behind some small print saying they can change anything they want at anytime. For printed material, I can understand, but they should really keep their website up to date with what they are providing. It false advertising and I'm sure I'll get f'd.
When I ordered my truck the dealership was able to give me in writing what exactly the packages I was ordering contained. It was slightly differnet then the website.
The website is really bad when it comes to showing correct information, it's basically just fake news which is super annoying.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm all the deleted features between 2023 Laramie and earlier years? I am aware they removed the reclining rear seats and the wheel well moldings... My 2021 has Lvl 1 package and the 2023 I am looking at has Level B so lots of upgrades but trying to not be surprised on deletions.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm all the deleted features between 2023 Laramie and earlier years? I am aware they removed the reclining rear seats and the wheel well moldings... My 2021 has Lvl 1 package and the 2023 I am looking at has Level B so lots of upgrades but trying to not be surprised on deletions.
Just ask the dealership for the list of standard features, and each package you are interested in getting. That way you get no surprises.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just ask the dealership for the list of standard features, and each package you are interested in getting. That way you get no surprises.
I've done that and they sent me the lvl B package details but still trying to get detailed standard features and advanced safety group. I am not so concerned about the reclining rear seats but the wheel flare deletion is unfortunate as I was hoping to move my mudflaps over from my 2019.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I've done that and they sent me the lvl B package details but still trying to get detailed standard features and advanced safety group. I am not so concerned about the reclining rear seats but the wheel flare deletion is unfortunate as I was hoping to move my mudflaps over from my 2019.
They can send you both.
Mark Dodge was able to send me each package, and you can look at the standard features on the website, only the packages seem to change (but dealership has the correct info)

Mr.Grid

Reaction score
Same for 2022. I have Level 1 and don't have heated, reclining, or storage in the rear.
I have Level B and includes “ALL” of the above to include wheel moldings. These were all listed on the factory build sheet.

6of36

Reaction score
All the information is in the build and price.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All the information is in the build and price.
That would be great if it were true but the website is notoriously bad at just about everything and especially accurate reflection of options etc. Even the salesman and manager agreed with me it is not reliable or user friendly. example - there is no billet silver option on the build and price but you can order a silver truck.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did notice one addition - an LED hitch lamp in the tailgate handle - actually sounds like a useful feature for hooking up in the dark.

And another downgrade - 2-way lumbar on the 2023 down from 4-way on 2021

additional curiosity - advanced safety group requires laramie level B for $3,770 which I get that it likely requires the 12" Uconnect or something in that package but strange it can't be paired with the Level 1 package for almost 1k less which has everything level B has except premium sounds, rear under-seat storage and 60/40 split rear seat

Last edited:

6of36

Reaction score
That would be great if it were true but the website is notoriously bad at just about everything and especially accurate reflection of options etc. Even the salesman and manager agreed with me it is not reliable or user friendly. example - there is no billet silver option on the build and price but you can order a silver truck.
The build and price is definitely not totally accurate, but it does show what is standard, and what each package includes.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The build and price is definitely not totally accurate, but it does show what is standard, and what each package includes.
Mostly but not entirely - as an example it doesn't show wireless charging pad as part of Level B but the detailed list from the dealer does.. It is all just very complicated and worth double checking everything to confirm before driving off the lot in my experience. Apparently Ram has been listening to us talk as they just sent me a survey about the build and price

6of36

Reaction score
Mostly but not entirely - as an example it doesn't show wireless charging pad as part of Level B but the detailed list from the dealer does.. It is all just very complicated and worth double checking everything to confirm before driving off the lot in my experience. Apparently Ram has been listening to us talk as they just sent me a survey about the build and price
Wireless charging pad is not part of that package, it's standard on a Limited. My mistake, it's not in build and price, it's in model compare.

6of36

Reaction score
Oops, you said Laramie, not Limited.

6of36

Reaction score
Level B threw me off, is why I put standard on Limited. It's level 2, on a Laramie, and it is listed.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-02 at 16-47-55 Build & Price Your New Ram Vehicle Ram.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-02 at 16-47-55 Build & Price Your New Ram Vehicle Ram.png
    107.7 KB · Views: 8

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Level B threw me off, is why I put standard on Limited. It's level 2, on a Laramie, and it is listed.
This is the perfect example of how bad th he site is - when I build a Laramie there is no level 2, only level 1 or level B!

6of36

Reaction score
This is the perfect example of how bad th he site is - when I build a Laramie there is no level 2, only level 1 or level B!
It changes from time to time. I've seen a and b, or 1 and 2. Never seen 1 and b. A lot has to do with supply issues I think. Sometimes they include heated or reclining seats, and sometimes they don't. But the site lists what is in each package.

Users who are viewing this thread