5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 laramie

Dogpound

Reaction score
Just picked up my 2023 Laramie, turned in my 2019 Big horn. So, I ordered this back in September and went thru the options with the dealer. The Rambox was my had-to-have , loved them on my bighorn and now can’t live without them! Any way I ordered the level 1 pkg, after going thru what came in it, the off road pkg, bed protection group, and class IV hitch. When I got home started putting the hard tonneau on, underseat storage etc .. and noticed that I couldn’t find the recline lever for the rear seat??? Then I noticed no heat controls either?? I went and pulled out the window sticker that was put in the glove box and it’s not listed under the level 1 group… I went on the Ram site and under the price and build a 2023 Laramie the level 1 group still lists both as part of the pkg!! I called the dealer , and they had no idea it wasn’t on the truck. I called Ram/Stellantis/Chrysler etc and was told they’ll get back to me. Anyone else have this issue or similar?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Were these features listed on your POC when you placed the order? Just wondering what you saw that showed that you’d have these in the Laramie Level 1 package.

Dogpound

Reaction score
Were these features listed on your POC when you placed the order? Just wondering what you saw that showed that you’d have these in the Laramie Level 1 package.
They are still listed as part of the Laramie level I pkg if you go on the Ram site . My order just says level 1 pkg etc , not all the components of each pkg that I ordered.

Dogpound

Reaction score
Here’s a screen shot of the level 1 pkg from the Ram site , taken today

Attachments

• DDCA5708-4608-4BB5-8618-703E69EE49DD.jpeg
    DDCA5708-4608-4BB5-8618-703E69EE49DD.jpeg
    125.2 KB · Views: 99

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry man, the website is famously inaccurate and out-of-date when it comes to options. If it isn’t listed in your POC (Priced Order Confirmation), then you can’t count on it being in the truck.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Strange, I just looked at it and it does not show reclining rear seats on the Level 1. Might be mistakes. It also shows you cannot get the Laramie in Granite Crystal Metallic. Doubt that is accurate.

Dogpound

Reaction score
Sorry man, the website is famously inaccurate and out-of-date when it comes to options. If it isn’t listed in your POC (Priced Order Confirmation), then you can’t count on it being in the truck.
POC?? I only got a sheet that listed basic order codes , like 27H , off road pkg ( but not the individual components of the pkgs… So your saying this has happened to other people and I’m basically F’d? I went online today and didn’t see anything about this with Ram. It seems Chevy did something similar, due to lack of chips, but made good on the components when they came in and also gave out small rebates .

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
POC?? I only got a sheet that listed basic order codes , like 27H , off road pkg ( but not the individual components of the pkgs… So your saying this has happened to other people and I’m basically F’d? I went online today and didn’t see anything about this with Ram. It seems Chevy did something similar, due to lack of chips, but made good on the components when they came in and also gave out small rebates .
You have to ask for the expanded version of the POC (as I recall, it’s the “show detail” option when your dealer is pulling it up). It will show this level of detail.
1675915181473.png
To answer your question, yes I’m sorry, I think you’re f***ed. Unless you can show that it was part of your actual order.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If you type your vin into this form, it will show you the details of your truck's build:

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It’s just bad information. It also shows that you can only get red, white or black on a TRX which is absolutely not true.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
If you type your vin into this form, it will show you the details of your truck's build:

This is the best way to do it yes.

I was given the document from the dealership when my truck was getting built.

It clearly marks what is in my truck. The only thing is it doesn't say my truck came with cargo rails (but it did because I got a free soft tri-fold cover).
Besides that it's nearly 100% accurate and lists every single option.

My selling dealer sent me explicit documents for EACH PACKAGE I was adding on my truck so I could confirm it had the correct features.

You are NOT building your truck on the website, it's a guide at most, and at worst completely incorrect chip shortage or not.
Also on the website it doesn't show reclining rear seats on lvl 1, it's on level b. I think you got your packages mixed up with a different trim.

FYI the reclining seats on the 1500 are dumb. I wouldn't even describe is reclining. The back tilts a little as the bottom of the seat pulls out. I believe the 3500s actually have reclining seats.
And I don't believe people that sit in back get to complain that their seats are not heated, but that's just me. People that sit in back don't give me money to buy my truck.

Maybe see if your dealership can reverse the sale and get another truck on order if you haven't put much miles on the truck.
Did you not look in the new truck to see if it had all the features you wanted before giving them your old truck and signing the paperwork? Odd you are asking the question here and not to your salesperson when you picked the truck up.

Dogpound

Reaction score
Ok, so to answer a few comments, questions.. 2022 did not show those options but 2023 does. Attached is the list of equipment listed on the Ram site to build and price a 2023 Laramie lvl 1 pkg. The window sticker was removed and in the glove box with other paperwork. I saw the 12” radio , LED headlamps ,and cross path detection , my off road pkg etc.. . My fault for not climbing in the backseat , but never occurred to me that options would be missing … again my fault… but feel this is pretty sh..Ty . As for the backseat passengers , I guess you don’t have kids or you would understand . I’ve purchased plenty of vehicles from this dealer over the years , but this is the first order, mostly because there was no stock so I had to. Anyway , I guess I’m s o l ,but disappointed in RAM .

Attachments

• 1A434E67-5749-4AA9-9CF8-28F9DD01EABE.jpeg
    1A434E67-5749-4AA9-9CF8-28F9DD01EABE.jpeg
    125.2 KB · Views: 25

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It's odd, but just came across something yesterday. We have Limiteds, but another member and I were getting different info. When you look at build a Limited, the Elite pkg includes the 19 speaker stereo, so does Limited level 1. When you click the level1, it disappears from Elite. Even though it is listed in one package, if you add another package, you lose it from the first. I don't know if that is the case with yours, but I would be bitching to Ram too! I have seen 22s not having things, which evidently was due to the earlier shortages, so it depended when it was ordered, but this is the first 23 I have heard of.

Users who are viewing this thread