5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Chevy Silverado ZR2

Montag84

Reaction score
Congratulations, the ZR2 is very tempting especially since my father-in-law is a retired GM employee so eligible for GM Family First discount. Thanks for posting

Phoon

Reaction score
Well guys, as of yesterday, after getting an amazing deal at the end of year as dealers want to move vehicles, and being able to use all of my GM Rewards Points along with a Costco Rebate, I purchased a loaded 2023 Chevy Silverado ZR2 with a factory 2" lift, 33" tires, and the infamous Multimatic DSSV shocks. I did a bunch of mods, as many of you have seen through my postings over the years, and I enjoyed each one. One day, I may come back to a RAM, but I had to use up all of my GM Rewards points and decided to just go all-in on this Four Wheeler Truck of the Year. I will continue to participate on this forum and support it as well. I hope you all have a very Happy and Safe New Year my friends and may 2023 treat us, and our families, well. God Bless and thanks to the many of you that have followed me and that I was able to help with several issues, especially your electronic toy installs:)

Here she is:

View attachment 147463
View attachment 147464
View attachment 147465
View attachment 147467
View attachment 147468
View attachment 147469
Cool truck! How is the ride and handling compared to the Ram? They really upped their game with the refreshed GM trucks.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yeah, I like the redesign.

How would you compare your current suspension to your Ram? Do you have to put some more miles on it to be able to compare or is it like apples to oranges?
I had the air suspension on my RAM and really liked it a lot. It's hard to do an apples to apples comparison since the 33's on the 18" rims are far different then the 22" rims and lower profile tire I had on my RAM. In addition, the ZR2 has the infamous Multimatic 3-spool DSSV shocks which adapt to highway versus off-road. I can go over a speed bump and barely feel it. I am very impressed with the suspension on the ZR2 and the ride character on the highway and around town. Not sure if this helps, but I wanted to answer your question my friend.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Cool truck! How is the ride and handling compared to the Ram? They really upped their game with the refreshed GM trucks.
Thanks! Yes Sir...and that's exactly what I was waiting for before even considering to buy another GM truck. I actually like the interior of my ZR2 better than my RAM as far as layout is concerned. In addition, GM added the full digital gauge cluster that's fully configurable along with the 13" infotainment system that puts RAM's to shame IMPO. There are things I like more about the RAM and things I like more about the ZR2. We will always have to make compromises as no vehicle will ever be exactly what you want or like. As far as ride handling, see my post #23 above.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the air suspension on my RAM and really liked it a lot. It's hard to do an apples to apples comparison since the 33's on the 18" rims are far different then the 22" rims and lower profile tire I had on my RAM. In addition, the ZR2 has the infamous Multimatic 3-spool DSSV shocks which adapt to highway versus off-road. I can go over a speed bump and barely feel it. I am very impressed with the suspension on the ZR2 and the ride character on the highway and around town. Not sure if this helps, but I wanted to answer your question my friend.

It does! Thanks!

Guess I’ll have to add that next to the long list of vehicles I’ve test driven over the past year.

Oh, by the way, as a potentilly temporary parting gift I’d like to say that…the pedal monster is better than the pedal commander. 😂🤣😂

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
It does! Thanks!

Guess I’ll have to add that next to the long list of vehicles I’ve test driven over the past year.

Oh, by the way, as a potentilly temporary parting gift I’d like to say that…the pedal monster is better than the pedal commander. 😂🤣😂
I haven't bought one yet for my ZR2...I'll have to look into your Pedal Monster ;)

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
These were on my list for my next truck before I bought the RAM. I'm curious, what's your payload?

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That's a good looking truck. I suppose you have already swapped out the stock Goodyear AT tires for a set of Michelin Defender LTX's. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread