5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Trailer TPMS sensors not provided

CatServant

Reaction score
Did anyone else order the Trailer Tow Group on a 2022 Ram 1500 and not get any trailer TPMS sensors? I’ve verified that the trailer TPMS system is included on my truck. I’ve checked the rear seat floor compartments, both glove boxes, the center console, and all four door pockets to no avail.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Did anyone else order the Trailer Tow Group on a 2022 Ram 1500 and not get any trailer TPMS sensors? I’ve verified that the trailer TPMS system is included on my truck. I’ve checked the rear seat floor compartments, both glove boxes, the center console, and all four door pockets to no avail.
your build sheet lists this
Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring Sys

looks like your dealer took it out

CatServant

Reaction score
your build sheet lists this
Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring Sys

looks like your dealer took it out

Or the factory forgot to put it in. Unfortunately, that line isn’t specific enough as to whether the sensors are supposed to be included. The feature is there in the firmware. Does anyone have a contact with Stellantis I could get ahold of?

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the trailer tow group. My build sheet doesn't list trailer TPMS. The Monroney shows the trailer tow group including: Trailer light check, Reverse Steering Control, and Brake-Controller, but does not list trailer TPMS. Is it possible the actual sensors were removed from the package?

Last edited:

CatServant

Reaction score
I emailed the manufacturer, so I’ll see what happens. The dealer couldn’t even figure out the part number.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Or the factory forgot to put it in. Unfortunately, that line isn’t specific enough as to whether the sensors are supposed to be included. The feature is there in the firmware. Does anyone have a contact with Stellantis I could get ahold of?
The sensors are part of the trailer TPMS system. They should have been included, and probably were.

I agree with @bigdodge. Someone at your dealership likely took them out.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Should have been in the truck, mine were in the upper glove box. 68433188AA was the part number on the bag.

CatServant

Reaction score
It’s also possible they fell victim to supply shortages. Thanks for the part number. Several people are selling them on eBay for a deep discount if I can’t get them through official channels.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It’s also possible they fell victim to supply shortages. Thanks for the part number. Several people are selling them on eBay for a deep discount if I can’t get them through official channels.
That's where I purchased my 2nd set from.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine were in the glove box. Just have to install them on the trailer now.

Malodave

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been doing some digging on my end. Neither my build sheet, nor my Monroney shows the TTPMS even though I do have the trailer tow group. Is it possible that they removed the TPPMS from the package for a while due to supply chain issues? I ordered in 9/21 and took delivery in 3/22. I did receive the Trailer Surround-View Camera when I took delivery.

I went into the trailer section of the vehicle menu, select trailer 1 and there is no tire pressure option as it shows in the manual. See pics. Now granted, I don't have a trailer yet, but I would think if I had that option it would be shown or maybe greyed out. So, I'm guessing that my firmware does not have the option to monitor the trailer tire pressures? I guess I'm going to have to ask my dealer about it. Maybe there's a way to upgrade the firmware to add it in if I was supposed to get it as part of my package.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Attachments

• Build Sheet.pdf
    11.7 KB · Views: 3

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I've been doing some digging on my end. Neither my build sheet, nor my Monroney shows the TTPMS even though I do have the trailer tow group. Is it possible that they removed the TPPMS from the package for a while due to supply chain issues? I ordered in 9/21 and took delivery in 3/22. I did receive the Trailer Surround-View Camera when I took delivery.

I went into the trailer section of the vehicle menu, select trailer 1 and there is no tire pressure option as it shows in the manual. See pics. Now granted, I don't have a trailer yet, but I would think if I had that option it would be shown or maybe greyed out. So, I'm guessing that my firmware does not have the option to monitor the trailer tire pressures? I guess I'm going to have to ask my dealer about it. Maybe there's a way to upgrade the firmware to add it in if I was supposed to get it as part of my package.

View attachment 141821

View attachment 141822
weird

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It’s been almost a year since I took delivery, but I vaguely recall pulling things out from under the front passenger seat (where the Jack is). Did you look there for the TTPMS bag?

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It’s been almost a year since I took delivery, but I vaguely recall pulling things out from under the front passenger seat (where the Jack is). Did you look there for the TTPMS bag?
No I didn't, but I will check this afternoon. Thanks for the idea.!

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered in 9/21 and took delivery in 3/22
My dates are very similar, build date of 2/28/22. I do not have trailer surround view. I do have the TTPMS. I wonder if you can have both or just one?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Check if the receiver is behind the rear bumper. It's a small ~80x45mm brick.

1666388533545.png

The TTPMS module (TIM) is also installed (at least in the HD) above the headliner on the R pass side about 8" in from the corner.

The wheel sensors are part of the kit. https://www.ramtrucks.com/BodyBuild...jGgHzAHGUTU0WB3rWuqSY7YmQ2vEhuBWBEl2LeIN5MYE

1666387046382.png

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My dates are very similar, build date of 2/28/22. I do not have trailer surround view. I do have the TTPMS. I wonder if you can have both or just one?

You can have both.

The two systems are entirely independent from one another.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My truck was built in May and the sensors were in the glove box when I picked it up. I installed them in my boat trailer and they work great. Very nice option to have.

I would go to the dealership and tell them they owe you a set of 4 since you paid for them in the Trailer Tow Package.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you have sale option "XG9P Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring System" on your build sheet?

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you have sale option "XG9P Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring System" on your build sheet?
No, but my build sheet (attached) does show "Trailer Tow Group (B)". (B) implies that there is more than one TTG. Maybe (A) has that included.

Attachments

• Build Sheet.pdf
    11.7 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread