5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Trailer TPMS sensors not provided

CatServant

Reaction score
I would go to the dealership and tell them they owe you a set of 4 since you paid for them in the Trailer Tow Package.

They don’t even have the part number in their system for some reason. I’m in touch with Stellantis corporate customer service. Hopefully I’ll get some satisfaction there.

My build sheet just says “Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring Sys” without any prefix.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No, but my build sheet (attached) does show "Trailer Tow Group (B)". (B) implies that there is more than one TTG. Maybe (A) has that included.
By checking the vin build sheet your truck is not equipped with TTPMS.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221022-095516_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221022-095516_Chrome.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 23

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This was a screenshot at the time I ordered my truck in March. 7F7ED2A8-85F1-46BF-A11A-14BAAED49C11.jpeg My build sheet

312C1A9A-4B6E-40FB-90A1-BCFB169C8AED.jpeg

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well that stinks. I had no idea that they would have a trailer tow group without the TTPMS included.

Ram has had trailer tow groups for years before they added TTPMS.

I added TTPMS to my 2020 HD and frankly, I prefer my aftermarket TireMinder system. The OEM doesn't show tire temps, and is less flexible than the aftermarket systems - like not having a "disconnect" mode. I can setup the rear tires on my truck (in addition to the factory TPIS), the dual axles on the 5th wheel, and the boat trailer and "disconnect" the boat trailer if I am pulling only the RV. Can't do that with the OEM system.

CatServant

Reaction score
I finally convinced my dealer that they owe me TTPMS sensors. It took a response to me from corporate to bring them around. They’re having to order them.

Code:
Good afternoon Mr. Somers,

My name is Patti and am assigned the case manager for your email request. I also left you a voicemail message. I reached out to our corporate resources and they are telling that according to sales codes attached to your VIN, those sensors should have been located in your glove box on delivery. If they are not there, please reach out to your selling Dodge dealership.

At this time, I am going to close the case but, please, be assured that we are here if you have any further issues, concerns or questions. Should you receive a customer satisfaction survey regarding your experience with me, your input would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you so much and have a great day!!

Patti, Premium Case Manager
Dodge Customer Care Center

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I finally convinced my dealer that they owe me TTPMS sensors. It took a response to me from corporate to bring them around. They’re having to order them.

Code:

My name is Patti and am assigned the case manager for your email request. I also left you a voicemail message. I reached out to our corporate resources and they are telling that according to sales codes attached to your VIN, those sensors should have been located in your glove box on delivery. If they are not there, please reach out to your selling Dodge dealership.

At this time, I am going to close the case but, please, be assured that we are here if you have any further issues, concerns or questions. Should you receive a customer satisfaction survey regarding your experience with me, your input would be greatly appreciated.

Lol, the formatting of that message came up like this for me:
1666738519154.png
I’m sitting there going, “It doesn’t sound like you’re getting your sensors, man.”
Then I realized I had to scroll right.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Code:

Does your radio, in trailer settings show Tire Pressures as a selection? I recall not seeing that as an option. If you can't set up TTPMS how will they work?

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Does your radio, in trailer settings show Tire Pressures as a selection? I recall not seeing that as an option. If you can't set up TTPMS how will they work?
Can the TTPMS be activated with AlfaOBD? Assuming he has the TTPMS module.

Dewey

Reaction score
Good to hear this is getting straightened out.👍🏻

Dewey

Reaction score
Can the TTPMS be activated with AlfaOBD? Assuming he has the TTPMS module.
If he has the Trailer Tow Package it should already be there. Shouldn’t have to activate anything.

CatServant

Reaction score
I do have the setup screen for trailer tires. I just don’t have any sensors to activate.

CatServant

Reaction score
Got ‘em! I received a text late yesterday from my sales guy that the service department received them and I picked them up about an hour ago.

jim v

Reaction score
Thanks for getting back to me. 1. rear bumper mod added 2. waited 4 months for TIM mod (sent wrong part) 3.dealer added software (I have same screens you've shown but I can't find them again on computer) 4. it's a 2022 truck with 12in screen.

Users who are viewing this thread