5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 RAM Recall for 5.7 HEMI eTorque Autostart

Punderwo

Reaction score
I like that mine shuts off while coming to a stop vs shutting off once completely still. My 19 was very noticeable when it would shut off and restart. My 22 is barely noticeable because they shut it off while coming to a stop. Am I missing something?

Punderwo

Reaction score
I would rather a recall for the ANC fluttering while hitting some bumps. Actually seems to amplify the road noise at times.

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
I like that mine shuts off while coming to a stop vs shutting off once completely still. My 19 was very noticeable when it would shut off and restart. My 22 is barely noticeable because they shut it off while coming to a stop. Am I missing something?
They updated the eTorque system for 2022 so this is normal.

Reaction score
Mine, 2022 Built To Serve Bighorn 1500 was still on the transport when the dealer got notice of the update. I went to pick it up and was informed that day. Still had the PDI to do so when they were done, they brought it to me. Just did a 1000 mile round trip from SC to FL and back with no issues, not that I would know the issue.

Blade

Reaction score
I had the update done to my 22 Rebel and now it seems the etorque system doesn't activate at all. Before the update it worked fine and would come on quite often. The deactivate switch is not on. Called the dealer and was told the system isn't hitting the parameters necessary for it to activate. That seems odd since it activated so often before. Anyone experience this?

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the update done to my 22 Rebel and now it seems the etorque system doesn't activate at all. Before the update it worked fine and would come on quite often. The deactivate switch is not on. Called the dealer and was told the system isn't hitting the parameters necessary for it to activate. That seems odd since it activated so often before. Anyone experience this?
My stop/start activates infrequently, mainly due to living in the Phoenix area. My AC is on all the time and if the cabin is cooling it won't activate. Those infrequent early mornings when I drove with the windows down, it operated like normal.

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2022 Built to Serve BigHorn with the etorque, I’m really hoping it already has this update 😭 I drove it quite a bit since I purchased this afternoon and nothing strange so fingers crossed..time will only tell. Lol I was a little hesitant to purchase the etorque, but so far I like it. My 2019 1500 Classic was totaled last Wednesday. RIP girl.

Tinshield

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2022 Built to Serve BigHorn with the etorque, I’m really hoping it already has this update 😭 I drove it quite a bit since I purchased this afternoon and nothing strange so fingers crossed..time will only tell. Lol I was a little hesitant to purchase the etorque, but so far I like it. My 2019 1500 Classic was totaled last Wednesday. RIP girl.
I think it’s a good system myself. Yes, I had one stall at 300 miles, it’s got over 12k now and I’ve had the update. Truck behaves very well and the start/stop works well. I’m getting great mileage with this truck!

Reaction score
I think it’s a good system myself. Yes, I had one stall at 300 miles, it’s got over 12k now and I’ve had the update. Truck behaves very well and the start/stop works well. I’m getting great mileage with this truck!
I’m happy to hear that! I was reluctant to even test drive one because I loved my Classic and read some awful anecdotes about the stalls at high speeds but TBH I can hardly notice the start/stop and it rides so nice. I checked to see if it has any recalls listed and there’s nothing so here’s to hoping she already got the update!

Tinshield

Reaction score
I’m happy to hear that! I was reluctant to even test drive one because I loved my Classic and read some awful anecdotes about the stalls at high speeds but TBH I can hardly notice the start/stop and it rides so nice. I checked to see if it has any recalls listed and there’s nothing so here’s to hoping she already got the update!
Only think I feel is wonky is the regen braking but I’m pretty much used to it.

Reaction score
Only think I feel is wonky is the regen braking but I’m pretty much used to it.
Is that what feels a bit jerky when breaking at low speeds? I noticed that but figured it was something related to the way the etorque works. I’m not a car person by any means, I just work for an engine manufacturer and know basic stuff. And love my Ram lol

Tinshield

Reaction score
Is that what feels a bit jerky when breaking at low speeds? I noticed that but figured it was something related to the way the etorque works. I’m not a car person by any means, I just work for an engine manufacturer and know basic stuff. And love my Ram lol
Yes, it has regenerative braking. When are coming to a stop it gives you a grabbing sensation. It’s the eTorque doing the braking.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey Blade,
Sorry to hear about this! Are you still experiencing concerns? Feel free to send us a PM with your VIN for further assistance.

Sarah
Ram Cares

Blade

Reaction score
Hey Blade,
Sorry to hear about this! Are you still experiencing concerns? Feel free to send us a PM with your VIN for further assistance.

Sarah
Ram Cares
It is still happening, Ill pm my vin.

rfallara

Reaction score
I have the recall notice but haven’t taken it in yet. From what I am reading it sounds like this update does NOT help with the regen braking. This inconsistent braking is so frustrating, am I the only one shocked this hasn’t been addressed by RAM yet?

Curious if RamCares is getting much feedback on this issue. Seems like something that should be addressed or give the option to turn regen braking off

Tinshield

Reaction score
I have the recall notice but haven’t taken it in yet. From what I am reading it sounds like this update does NOT help with the regen braking. This inconsistent braking is so frustrating, am I the only one shocked this hasn’t been addressed by RAM yet?

Curious if RamCares is getting much feedback on this issue. Seems like something that should be addressed or give the option to turn regen braking off
I didn’t like it either but I guess I’m totally used to it now after 12,000 miles 🤷‍♂️

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’ve had mine off most of the time the last 5000 miles. First time I turn it on and do a quick stop and then quickly accelerate from a stop I start cursing. The lag and sudden surge when the system catches up just plain sucks. It just doesn’t suit my driving style. No way I’m gonna ease off the brake and then wait for the motor to start and catch up to my foot on the gas. It’s just not right.

Maybe it would be better after an update. I assumed it was already done because mine doesn’t shut off till the speedo says zero unlike other reports I have seen here.

Reaction score
I’ve had mine off most of the time the last 5000 miles. First time I turn it on and do a quick stop and then quickly accelerate from a stop I start cursing. The lag and sudden surge when the system catches up just plain sucks. It just doesn’t suit my driving style. No way I’m gonna ease off the brake and then wait for the motor to start and catch up to my foot on the gas. It’s just not right.

Maybe it would be better after an update. I assumed it was already done because mine doesn’t shut off till the speedo says zero unlike other reports I have seen here.
We must have a similar driving style because I have this complaint as well. And the super hard regen breaking grab at 20 mph makes me feel like I need driving school. I just hit 900 miles on my 2022 and I noticed I’m now having the issue with the stop/start not kicking when it should and no reason as to why it’s not active. A few times this morning, if I depressed the brake harder at my stop it would shut off. A few times I noticed it does shut off but doesn’t indicate so on the console. So far I love this truck but having this happen already is concerning :( guess that’s part of buying new technology.

rfallara

Reaction score
We must have a similar driving style because I have this complaint as well. And the super hard regen breaking grab at 20 mph makes me feel like I need driving school. I just hit 900 miles on my 2022 and I noticed I’m now having the issue with the stop/start not kicking when it should and no reason as to why it’s not active. A few times this morning, if I depressed the brake harder at my stop it would shut off. A few times I noticed it does shut off but doesn’t indicate so on the console. So far I love this truck but having this happen already is concerning :( guess that’s part of buying new technology.
Yeah new technology. I waited a few years to by a gen 5 to make sure the bugs are worked out, pretty disappointed to here they did a redesign on this system this year to make it by all accounts a much poorer experience.

Users who are viewing this thread