5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 RAM Recall for 5.7 HEMI eTorque Autostart

rfallara

Reaction score
I am sooooooo sooooo glad I did not opt for "E-torque". I will just leave it at that.
Have to agree with you. With the way this truck drives and the dealer telling me "that's just the way they are now" I have been telling people to avoid a Ram at this point. I was planning on keeping this truck for a while but if they don't come back with a software fix in the near future I am gonna end up dumping this truck and find something else. Too many options out there to not be happy with what I am driving. Pains me to say that as I have been a loyal Ram fan for many many years. 🤷‍♂️

mysticbus

Reaction score
Guess I should chime in. I have a 2022 Laramie etorque 4x4 with about 8000 miles on it. I also do not use auto start/stop, and I have the recall done.

today as I was coming to a stop in traffic, it felt like maybe the engine died for a second, then the truck lunged forward. This is the first and only time it has ever done this, but it was a little unsettling. My passengers felt it and thought it was something I did.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Guess I should chime in. I have a 2022 Laramie etorque 4x4 with about 8000 miles on it. I also do not use auto start/stop, and I have the recall done.

today as I was coming to a stop in traffic, it felt like maybe the engine died for a second, then the truck lunged forward. This is the first and only time it has ever done this, but it was a little unsettling. My passengers felt it and thought it was something I did.
Mine has done the same quite a few times. I’ll be on the brakes coming up to a stop sign and at about 10 mph it surges ahead almost feels like I let go of the brakes and tapped the gas a bit then slows down again as I depress the brake harder. Another way to explain it is I feel like another vehicle tapped me in the rear end. Pretty alarming when your coming up to a stopped vehicle. I never noticed it when start/stop is disabled so thought that was the cause. Are you saying yours does it when disabled too?

mysticbus

Reaction score
Mine has done the same quite a few times. I’ll be on the brakes coming up to a stop sign and at about 10 mph it surges ahead almost feels like I let go of the brakes and tapped the gas a bit then slows down again as I depress the brake harder. Another way to explain it is I feel like another vehicle tapped me in the rear end. Pretty alarming when your coming up to a stopped vehicle. I never noticed it when start/stop is disabled so thought that was the cause. Are you saying yours does it when disabled too?

Yeah, I have an auto start/stop eliminator on my truck, so *** stays off 100% of the time. What it felt like was the engine was going to stall as I came to a stop and the computer picked the RPMs up to prevent the stall, causing the truck to lunge a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread