5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram 1500 left steering wheel changing controls buttons will not work

grandell

Reaction score
Good morning everyone,

While en route to work for the night shift, my 2022 Ram 1500 left steering wheel changing control buttons will not work when using my Spotify while CarPlay is activated. I can not change the song, or the middle button will not work in between. I can use the screen to change the songs.
The button under the left steering wheel works using other media methods like SiriusXM.
I tried hard to reset my radio multiple times by holding it for 10 seconds and deleting my phone from the RAM.
Do you have any recommendations to get the buttons under the left steering wheel to work while Spotify is activated with CarPlay?

Thank you all for assisting me with this.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This happened to me once a few months ago. The controls would not change song for Car Play, but worked for everything else. I reset the radio going in through the settings screen. Has worked fine since then.

grandell

Reaction score
This happened to me once a few months ago. The controls would not change song for Car Play, but worked for everything else. I reset the radio going in through the settings screen. Has worked fine since then.
Thank you for tip! The reset worked and everything is functional again!

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you for tip! The reset worked and everything is functional again!
Glad it worked for you buddy. I always go to the “Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it back in yet?” Method. 60% of the time it works everytime. 🤣🤣🤣

Users who are viewing this thread