5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

tat2dwiseguy

Reaction score
Piling on to the price change/increase theme, I priced my Limited build on December 6th at a local dealer, again on Dec 10th with Mark, and final pricing on Dec 14th again with Mark. ALL three build sheets have different prices from RAM. The MSRP base price went from 63,210 on the 6th/10th orders to $64095 on the 14th. BUT the Limited Level 1 group (that now includes the Electronics group (HUD and digital rearview mirror, that was a separate package last year)) went from $3295 on 10 Dec to $2295 on 14 Dec. So the total MSRP of the truck actually dropped by ~$100. You gotta pay attention though and ask for the detailed list of features in each group because, as has been stated numerous times, they keep changing and the RAM site is not accurate. When I tried to build this truck on the RAM site, though they did allow the Limited to be built as a night edition in Patriot blue with a non-eTorque Hemi (which was not an option previously), the site did not even offer the Limited Level 1 group. It still didn't as of 2 days ago... so be double sure you know what you're ordering, and ask for those detailed package breakdowns.
Good luck to all on their future orders!!!

derk916

Reaction score
Someone really needs to sticky this thread

As you read through the OP, look at NADA guide. Has a few problems as well, but lets you put a few more options together. Although things change dramatically without notice sometimes.

I ordered a Rebel GT, night package, and almost everything else besides tow package (did get brake controller) and no rambox and no MFT. When I placed my order in November, night package was only 525 and only consisted of badging, wheels, and skid plate being blacked out. I have seen on window stickers that it is now over 1800. Seems they added heated seats and something else to package that used to be in another package. Seems like a way for RAM to increase price by doubling up on some features in multiple packages without lowering price.

I have also learned, too late, that you do not need to order entire package to get a single item if you want it. Dealer can order items standalone from package. Where this puts you in que to be built, or cost compared to package price, no idea , I am sure most people just go for the full packages.

I didn't get off road package because there was no way on Rebel to remove decals from it. I was only interested in RAMBAR. I was ok letting it go at time of order, but of course changed my mind. I was told can order it, basically add to original order, but when informed I would be subject to new pricing on entire build if any, I left everything as is. Will get Rambar and install myself at a later date.

Just some observations, I am very new to all of this. Keep reading around here and you will learn so much more.

Thanks to all the senior members for sharing the knowledge.

Cheers
Ordering a package saves money from what I seen. I purchased the Southwest Laramie package which was $2700 and like $5K in upgrades. If you remove items from the package you still pay the full price of the package so it doesn't make too much sense to remove items from a financial perspective.

20GladRubicon

Reaction score
It looks like blind spot and cross path detection is no longer an option to select on the Big Horn model in the Ram builder website. Might explain why I’m sitting in D status for 116 days! 😡

JimKIII

Reaction score
It looks like blind spot and cross path detection is no longer an option to select on the Big Horn model in the Ram builder website. Might explain why I’m sitting in D status for 116 days! 😡
Man! That's tough. Why not cancel the order and reorder with a different pkg?

Mathis35

Reaction score
Because he has that on his current order... as do I. As do many people. If we reorder we're not getting the truck we wanted and are subject to msrp hikes. No thanks.
I have am estimated ship date of 12/27 so we'll see.

20GladRubicon

Reaction score
The point is, I ordered this truck with BSM and now it looks like that option is no longer available on the Big Horn. Based on this and the chart that triple_B provided last week, lends me to believe that this is the option causing mine and others Big Horn orders to be sitting in D status so long. 🤔

jent

Reaction score
The point is, I ordered this truck with BSM and now it looks like that option is no longer available on the Big Horn. Based on this and the chart that triple_B provided last week, lends me to believe that this is the option causing mine and others Big Horn orders to be sitting in D status so long. 🤔
According to my dealer BSM and Advanced Safety Group options for 2022 wont be manufactured till starting in January 2023. They stopped accepting orders with these options for a long time, but recently started again.

I really wanted these options, so I actually pushed two separate dealers fairly hard to try and place an order with them. Both dealers independently provided that story. So hopefully soon 🤞

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
According to my dealer BSM and Advanced Safety Group options for 2022 wont be manufactured till starting in January 2023. They stopped accepting orders with these options for a long time, but recently started again.

I really wanted these options, so I actually pushed two separate dealers fairly hard to try and place an order with them. Both dealers independently provided that story. So hopefully soon 🤞
You realize it is 2021 right now, right? If the dealers told you they won't be manufacturing those trucks until January 2023, you have over a year to go.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m in a situation that as much as want my truck I would rather wait and get the truck equiped as ordered!!! Anything less is unacceptable! If not built as ordered I’ll try for a third time, if that doesn’t work I’ll be on the sidelines until all this crap settles down!

scott82094

Reaction score
I have those on my order and My truck finally went to production with a ship date of 12/22 so we shall see!

jent

Reaction score
You realize it is 2021 right now, right? If the dealers told you they won't be manufacturing those trucks until January 2023, you have over a year to go.
Whoops, thank you, I meant January 2022 (Car model years makes it weird).

Users who are viewing this thread