5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
Part of me hopes one of them is a member here so that we can find out what's up.
Me, too. Maybe Stellantis does the right thing and gives these owners a complete refund (taxes included) plus a discount on a new truck/priority for a new build. Of course, seeing as how Stellantis has handled everything else to this point leads me to believe these owners are in for another clustertruck.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Me, too. Maybe Stellantis does the right thing and gives these owners a complete refund (taxes included) plus a discount on a new truck/priority for a new build. Of course, seeing as how Stellantis has handled everything else to this point leads me to believe these owners are in for another clustertruck.
💯 Hopefully, at the most, it takes a forcefully written letter from an attorney. I have a feeling they will not necessarily treat all of these owners equally though.

n00ber

Reaction score
plus a discount on a new truck/priority for a new build. Of course, seeing as how Stellantis has handled everything else to this point leads me to believe these owners are in for another clustertruck.
Priority build for a MY 23 more like

Whiskeymike

Reaction score
My dealer told me that production is scheduled to start on my 1500 Rebel GT on Dec 6th. I'm guessing that means it's out around the 13th. Anyone know what transport is averaging (to LA) I know it will vary. Just trying to determine best guess for arrival.

FWIW, I'm still in D, and haven't moved to D1.

n00ber

Reaction score

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
I do not know my VIN but my car is probably made in October, so I forwarded the article about the recall to my dealer here in Belgium, Europe. So lets hope what he says, if one of those 22 trucks is here in Europe it will be a nightmare to get it fixed.

RDSnj2021

Reaction score
off topic. I looked in the manual, no luck, and googled. Some of you guys probably know. I took delivery of my truck from mark dodge, in LA, but it's up here in NJ. It's getting cold....Do all trucks come from the factory with the same , and, antifreeze protection, and, if so, to what temperature?? Joeco: you are in the same boat.

Hasti17

Reaction score
off topic. I looked in the manual, no luck, and googled. Some of you guys probably know. I took delivery of my truck from mark dodge, in LA, but it's up here in NJ. It's getting cold....Do all trucks come from the factory with the same , and, antifreeze protection, and, if so, to what temperature?? Joeco: you are in the same boat.
Antifreeze protection? You mean like defrosters? Your truck has whatever it needs for winter in new jersey. Definitely defrosters

n00ber

Reaction score
If you are concerned you can call the dealership. All new vehicles should come with antifreeze.

If you need to know now...
Be sure your truck has been off (not running) for several hours. Pop the hood and open the radiator cap if its anything but clear liquid, you have antifreeze. Mopar typically will use a -34°F 50/50 mix for their coolants. DON'T MIX DIFFERENT COOLANTS! They will cause a reaction and gunk up your coolant system.
As far as window defrosters, be sure to test them, there is a very small recall (22 trucks) because they just flat out don't work.

Last edited:

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You guys are going to hate this, but I just saw on another ram forum an order date of 10/23 and delivered to dealership 11/20. Wasn't a reorder either, brand new order and less than a month to arrival.

Some of you may recognize this poster if you are on other said forum, but it's a 4x2 etorque hemi laramie and they messed up his gears (ordered with 3.92 and he got 3.21).

Last edited:

RDSnj2021

Reaction score
If you are concerned you can call the dealership. All new vehicles should come with antifreeze.

If you need to know now...
Be sure your truck has been off (not running) for several hours. Pop the hood and open the radiator cap if its anything but clear liquid, you have antifreeze. Mopar typically will use a -34°F 50/50 mix for their coolants. DON'T MIX DIFFERENT COOLANTS! They will cause a reaction and gunk up your coolant system.
As far as window defrosters, be sure to test them, there is a very small recall (22 trucks) because they just flat out don't work.
Thank you. checked defroster when i posted about recall. works fine. I will check antifreeze today. duh. not sure why I didn't think to look. d

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
how do you check if the defrost function works (and you are not one of the 22) when the car is parked inside at the dealer? Can you maybe feel the back window if it gets a little bit warm? or spray some water on the window and wait?

Hasti17

Reaction score
how do you check if the defrost function works (and you are not one of the 22) when the car is parked inside at the dealer? Can you maybe feel the back window if it gets a little bit warm? or spray some water on the window and wait?
Because the front defrosters are part of your HVAC And thats what was faulty in the recall

Scott_R

Reaction score
Non-serious answer: Drive North until it matters.

Serious answer: The issue is with the HVAC and Front Window Defrost.

(Not sure how you might test as the Defrost may be throwing heat, however in a way that fogs the window instead of heating it.)

Tinshield

Reaction score
In the process of ordering a 2022 Bighorn Night Edition. Level 2 was changed to Level B. Was told only difference is the under seat storage being included. Also, Ram Boxes, LED lights and BSM all on restriction so can’t get them. Not a deal breaker but kind of kicking myself for not ordering a BTS last year.

Itsslow98

Reaction score
In the process of ordering a 2022 Bighorn Night Edition. Level 2 was changed to Level B. Was told only difference is the under seat storage being included. Also, Ram Boxes, LED lights and BSM all on restriction so can’t get them. Not a deal breaker but kind of kicking myself for not ordering a BTS last year.
Do you verify the power FOLDING mirror stayed with level B. That was an issue for some people.

Mexd781

Reaction score

You will also be missing power folding mirrors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
Non-serious answer: Drive North until it matters.

Serious answer: The issue is with the HVAC and Front Window Defrost.

(Not sure how you might test as the Defrost may be throwing heat, however in a way that fogs the window instead of heating it.)
the fact is that when you sign the document to make it yours and you find out afterwards, it is maybe more of a hassle then discovering it before leaving the dealer. Just like with all the other things people mentioned her to keep an eye on. Like the rear windowframe cracks

Users who are viewing this thread