5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

firedfly

Reaction score
Co

ok were there any other discounts that you could use?
There was another $500 off that could be applied. I could either use that or get 0% for 48 months.

There might be other discounts as well, but nothing that I discovered.

Siri

Reaction score
We just got a message from our Dealer, that our Truck will leave the factory on - November 10. .. minus the trailer camera system, which we were told about 2 weeks ago

jlinsenbardt

Reaction score
How often do you guys ping RAM Chat? I'm still in D status as of this morning. I'm sure I will get an email when the status changes but I find myself asking RAM Chat twice a week. I've gotten it now down to just asking for a status update and pasting in my VIN, VON, address, phone number, and email address in one block. Totay it took them about a half second to respond back that i'm still in the scheduling phase blah blah blah. No dealer ETA blah blah. Said thanks and just closed the window.

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
How often do you guys ping RAM Chat? I'm still in D status as of this morning. I'm sure I will get an email when the status changes but I find myself asking RAM Chat twice a week. I've gotten it now down to just asking for a status update and pasting in my VIN, VON, address, phone number, and email address in one block. Totay it took them about a half second to respond back that i'm still in the scheduling phase blah blah blah. No dealer ETA blah blah. Said thanks and just closed the window.
Honestly I mostly gave up with them. It was maybe once a week or two when production first started. But I realized they know very little and aren't helpful. I don't think I went back since the middle of this month when I asked to be escalated and got their generic email about acquiring parts

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I never received anything when I went to D-1
found out when I went to tell dealer POC was missing things.

rtpassini

Reaction score
I wouldn't waste your time. Maybe once or twice a month. Nagging them twice a week wont get your truck built any faster unfortunately.

jlinsenbardt

Reaction score
It's not about getting my truck built faster, no way to do that. It's about knowing as soon as possible what the schedule is. I'm in a temporary vehicle currently and knowing ahead of time a general timeline on when to expect to start having to make payments, add insurance, and all that would be nice.
I'd rather bother RAM Chat twice a week then constantly hound my dealer.

I know some people have been getting emails from FCA when their status changes. I'd assumed I would get something similar since I'm one of the ones who got the email saying "Please continue to monitor your email in the coming weeks as we provide more specific details on when your new Ram is expected to arrive at your dealership."

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know some people have been getting emails from FCA when their status changes. I'd assumed I would get something similar since I'm one of the ones who got the email saying "Please continue to monitor your email in the coming weeks as we provide more specific details on when your new Ram is expected to arrive at your dealership."
I’ve sense replied to that email and heard nothing back. I mean, if it’s going to be December, say it. If it might be March, say that. I really don’t care. I’m willing to wait considering how relatively loaded my build is but I agree, it would be nice to have a better idea of ETA.

There is always that chance that FCA really legitimately doesn’t know.

MrDazana

Reaction score
I'm picking up my rebel on Monday, I went to see it and verify everything was there. I ordered the tubular side steps but they put Mopar running boards. Anyone here have a pic of black tubular steps on theirs that i can relate too? Dealer wants to put some 3rd party on there.

Attachments

• IMG_2987.jpg
    IMG_2987.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 63

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
I’ve sense replied to that email and heard nothing back. I mean, if it’s going to be December, say it. If it might be March, say that. I really don’t care. I’m willing to wait considering how relatively loaded my build is but I agree, it would be nice to have a better idea of ETA.

I am in the same boat. I just want to know how to plan accordingly. Is it a month or is it going to be 4 more months. I assume their logistics team has to have a forecast about stuff in transit. Even if they only give out a tentative date and add a caveat saying they can't give a true date till all the parts are delivered, I would respect that a ton more than the black hole they give of "acquiring parts"

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I'm picking up my rebel on Monday, I went to see it and verify everything was there. I ordered the tubular side steps but they put Mopar running boards. Anyone here have a pic of black tubular steps on theirs that i can relate too? Dealer wants to put some 3rd party on there.
even your build sheet states "Mopar Black Tubular Side Steps"
and the window sticker.

more cluster f u c k!

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score

For my entire career, retired now, but it still applies. I tell everyone I can handle bad news but what I can't handle is someone trying to hide bad news and feed me a line of bull $hit! Just level with me and we'll figure it out, but try to pull the wool over my eyes and and they will find my boot up their A$$.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
do you know what it takes to hold them in?
every little bit hurts in the over all weight issue.
The same screws that are already in the wheel housing + 2 additional screws. IF that is what you consider one of the heaviest options I’d like to see what you consider the option that least affects payload.

Mathis35

Reaction score
you are nick picking.
it was one of the many things i included.
take one off and weigh it!!!
Nitpicking* but yeah it's pretty clear that the rear wheelhouse liner isn't going to be heavy, then claiming that a couple of screws are heavy is not a good play on your part lol.

Just looked up the rough country rear wheelhouse liners, 7.78 pounds total.

Mathis35

Reaction score
you keep nitpick and what if the op need what those weigh to get to where they want to be???

but keep nitpicking
That's the first thing I've said about it, but don't say an item that weighs under 10 pounds total is one of the things that affect payload most lol.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
Not trying to rain on your parade, but I would pass on the truck unless they gave you a HUGE discount over and above what they may have already agreed to give you, and a free extended warranty. The fact that your window sticker and build sheet show black tubular side steps when your truck clearly does not have those is a major problem. To wit, both your window sticker and build sheet contain the wrong information, which begs the question: what the heck else did they get wrong? How can you be confident that your truck was built properly or even went through an inspection (one would think that something as obvious as missing tubular side steps would have been picked up).

Now, you may not be as particular or demanding as I, but there's no way I'd take a truck that is clearly not as advertised.

Last edited:

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think it all boils down to what the meaning of the word “tubular” is. Round, like a tube? Or cool, like an 80’s surfer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online