5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

louitino123

Reaction score
I mean id be willing to drive, but at the same time, I bet the savings I would get, would be the same as what I save being NH has no sales tax.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I mean id be willing to drive, but at the same time, I bet the savings I would get, would be the same as what I save being NH has no sales tax.

Not a problem since you pay your states sales tax (or don't pay it in your case) regardless of where you buy from. I bought from MD in Louisiana and only wish I could have paid their sales tax instead of NYs.

rrutkf80

Reaction score
One hundred thousand orders and mine was the 517th in the stack. First In Last Out. Sucks to be buried at the bottom of the pile. Some twit will blame it on COVID.
Realistically all the pissing and moaning won’t get it delivered any faster but you have to vent once a week😬
just bit the bullet and got new license plates on my Subaru Outback trade in. Was using the Z06 Corvette with its super wide 345 30 19 extreme perf summer rear tires which shouldnt be used belor 40 F and zero traction in snow

WWRAFT734

Reaction score
What's the strategy to get lower than MSRP? I feel like the dealer has all leverage? o don't wanna pay for this truck you ordered. well keep your deposit and sell it for more. So don't know how you're getting below MSRP.
In my situation we came to terms on price before I ordered the truck and we have a signed deal. A signed agreement is the most important part in my opinion. MSRP is often thousands more than dealer invoice and dealers often get manufacturer incentives for selling vehicles on top of the sales price of the vehicle, even if they sell it below invoice. I don’t know the dealer’s particular economics in my case but perhaps it was a loss leader for them and the sale will help with their overall volume bonus or other incentives they receive from the manufacturer. At the end of the day it’s a business transaction so if we couldn’t come to agreeable terms I was 100% willing to walk away and keep searching (I don’t need a truck so I take the view that I actually have the leverage since they are trying to sell me something I don’t need, so the ball is always in my court, “how much do I want this truck?”). They won my business by giving me a price to close the deal and I trust they will honor what we agreed to (perhaps that is naive, but they have given me no reason to think otherwise). Now, they could renege on it but in that case they couldn’t keep my deposit since I was not the one who walked away from our agreement. If they decided to go that route I would certainly make a stink on reviews, telling my friends and anyone else who will listen. When the truck is delivered and everything is as agreed I will sing their praises and they will have an advocate and customer for years to come. I would like to think it is a win-win for both me and the dealer.

MatthewMjr

Reaction score
What a lot of people forget is that FCA has a 3% holdback on Ram trucks. That is 3% of the MSRP. That is given to the dealer if the truck is sold before 90 days. So with ordered trucks they are assured of getting the 3% holdback in full. In the case of my truck that is about $2193 so that is all profit for them. There are other incentives that the dealers get for each unit they sell. That is how the big volume dealers can price things at or near invoice. But so far my dealer will not talk final price until they have the certificate of authenticity which is mailed to the dealer and so far has not arrived. I am surprised that some of you were able to lock in a price with no truck having been built? I guess each dealer has their own way of doing things.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In my situation we came to terms on price before I ordered the truck and we have a signed deal. A signed agreement is the most important part in my opinion. MSRP is often thousands more than dealer invoice and dealers often get manufacturer incentives for selling vehicles on top of the sales price of the vehicle, even if they sell it below invoice. I don’t know the dealer’s particular economics in my case but perhaps it was a loss leader for them and the sale will help with their overall volume bonus or other incentives they receive from the manufacturer. At the end of the day it’s a business transaction so if we couldn’t come to agreeable terms I was 100% willing to walk away and keep searching (I don’t need a truck so I take the view that I actually have the leverage since they are trying to sell me something I don’t need, so the ball is always in my court, “how much do I want this truck?”). They won my business by giving me a price to close the deal and I trust they will honor what we agreed to (perhaps that is naive, but they have given me no reason to think otherwise). Now, they could renege on it but in that case they couldn’t keep my deposit since I was not the one who walked away from our agreement. If they decided to go that route I would certainly make a stink on reviews, telling my friends and anyone else who will listen. When the truck is delivered and everything is as agreed I will sing their praises and they will have an advocate and customer for years to come. I would like to think it is a win-win for both me and the dealer.
Same here. Don't NEED a truck, wanted a tow vehicle but was in no rush. Have a bottom line amount with my and the sales manger's signature next to it, so if they try to pull any funny business, I walk.

o4major97

Reaction score
well. i am not taking the truck that is built ordering another one with less options to get the payload numbers up. will change my signature to reflect new order

lbj

Reaction score
I would believe with an average of 50 trucks an hour, build sheet should show up friday morning oct 29.
Hope so. At least once it is done, the shipping part should be quick. Dealer is less than 2 miles from SHAP!

derk916

Reaction score
Placed my order at MD today. VIN will arrive next week. Any incentives I should try and join before it is built? It looks like I cannot do Tread Lightly anymore, but it looks like I could do PenFed $1000 if i join and become a member for 60 days.

firedfly

Reaction score
Placed my order at MD today. VIN will arrive next week. Any incentives I should try and join before it is built? It looks like I cannot do Tread Lightly anymore, but it looks like I could do PenFed $1000 if i join and become a member for 60 days.
Penfed is $500 right now... At least for 2022 trucks. Aaron from MD told me that yesterday. I received that discount in my truck.

Users who are viewing this thread