5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

Itsslow98

Reaction score
Not trying to rain on your parade, but I would pass on the truck unless they gave you a HUGE discount over and above what they may have already agreed to give you, and a free extended warranty. The fact that your window sticker and build sheet show black tubular side steps when your truck clearly does not have those is a major problem. To wit, both your window sticker and build sheet contain the wrong information, which begs the question: what the heck else did they get wrong? How can you be confident that your truck was built properly or even went through an inspection (one would think that something as obvious as missing tubular side steps would have been picked up).

Now, you may not be as particular or demanding as I, but there's no way I'd take a truck that is clearly not as advertised.
At the end of the day it's 16 easily accessible 12mm bolts to swap them. After months of waiting I could live with it.

jlinsenbardt

Reaction score
I'm picking up my rebel on Monday, I went to see it and verify everything was there. I ordered the tubular side steps but they put Mopar running boards. Anyone here have a pic of black tubular steps on theirs that i can relate too? Dealer wants to put some 3rd party on there.

Found these images on the mopar store. I prefer the running boards I think. Of course this could be way off. Just what I found with a quick search.

Running Boards:
running_boards.png

Tubular Side Steps:
tubular_side_steps.png

chris288

Reaction score
tubular side steps are just plain fugly,,, the black running boards on the Rebel is where its at... My Rebel better have the black running boards.

rrutkf80

Reaction score
The same screws that are already in the wheel housing + 2 additional screws. IF that is what you consider one of the heaviest options I’d like to see what you consider the option that least affects payload.
He’s a helicopter pilot, he understands what stuff weighs. I once gave a ride to a chubby guy in a Bell 47, made him on load the bags of ballast in the chin bubble

jlinsenbardt

Reaction score
tubular side steps are just plain fugly,,, the black running boards on the Rebel is where its at... My Rebel better have the black running boards.
I think the Mopar store has some stuff mislabelled. I think they have multiple products they call "tubular side steps" and those running boards look like what comes on the truck when you pick the tubular side steps. Here's what it looks like in the build & price tool. Those look good, not like what I linked earlier from the Mopar site. The ones earlier look more like the Gen4 side steps.

2021-10-30 07_38_55-Build & Price a 2021 Ram 1500 _ Ram.png

n00ber

Reaction score
I think the Mopar store has some stuff mislabelled. I think they have multiple products they call "tubular side steps" and those running boards look like what comes on the truck when you pick the tubular side steps. Here's what it looks like in the build & price tool. Those look good, not like what I linked earlier from the Mopar site. The ones earlier look more like the Gen4 side steps.

View attachment 109520
Even those are ever so slightly different, the nonskid portion in the picture you provided from their site doesn't cover the whole "tube" like other that was just picked up.

Yoodie

Reaction score
I'm picking up my rebel on Monday, I went to see it and verify everything was there. I ordered the tubular side steps but they put Mopar running boards. Anyone here have a pic of black tubular steps on theirs that i can relate too? Dealer wants to put some 3rd party on there.

If you don’t like them and they aren’t the ones you ordered have them pull them off and ask for a credit of the price. There are some better aftermarket options you can get.

deanno33

Reaction score
Well I caved today and picked up an interim truck. I get it tomorrow. Been looking for a while but the dealers were really calling today,, maybe end of month, not sure. Got a 2021 Bighorn level 2 crew. Comfortable doing so at 16.42%. below MSRP. I will now have a truck for fall/winter and for.my Montana trip. When my order arrives....I'll.sell it and should not lose too much if anything based on KBB numbers today. Hopefully anyway🤞

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211030-115913_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-115913_Chrome.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Well I caved today and picked up an interim truck. I get it tomorrow. Been looking for a while but the dealers were really calling today,, maybe end of month, not sure. Got a 2021 Bighorn level 2 crew. MSRP 52,045. Total discounts 8,550 (over 16%). Most dealers were telling me to get lost when I asked them to give a dealer discount (most just stuck with Ram rebates). Then these guys gave 2300 and I had the 1500 cash offer to use...on top of the 4750 national rebates. I will now have a truck for fall/winter and for.my Montana trip. When my order arrives....I'll.sell it and should not lose too much based on KBB numbers today. Hopefully anyway.
sorry you had to settle. I am not settling I can wait.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Yeah tubular side steps makes me think of these uglys:
101_0796.JPG

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
At the end of the day it's 16 easily accessible 12mm bolts to swap them. After months of waiting I could live with it.
I'm not talking about how easy or difficult it would be to swap out the wrong parts for the right parts. My bigger concern is/would be: if both the build sheet and window sticker list parts the truck clearly does not have, what else is wrong? How did this truck get through the inspection process (for which some trucks stay for weeks) despite clearly being built with the wrong equipment?

I agree with you that, if the only issue is the sidesteps, I'd have the dealer fix it and I'd take the truck. But, there is no way to know what else the factory screwed up at this point, and I'd be unable to trust the rest of the truck was properly built and/or inspected.

Put another way, let's say you go to a restaurant and order a pot pie with pancetta instead of bacon, no cheese, and pearl onions rather than Vidalia onions. If they bring the pot pie to your table with two big pieces of bacon on top, would you be confident that they made it without cheese and with pearl onions in place of Vidalia onions? I get that this is a ridiculous hypo, but it's the premise I'm getting at... if they missed something so easy to catch (like the wrong sidesteps), how can you possibly believe they got the small stuff right?

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I'm not talking about how easy or difficult it would be to swap out the wrong parts for the right parts. My bigger concern is/would be: if both the build sheet and window sticker list parts the truck clearly does not have, what else is wrong? How did this truck get through the inspection process (for which some trucks stay for weeks) despite clearly being built with the wrong equipment?

I agree with you that, if the only issue is the sidesteps, I'd have the dealer fix it and I'd take the truck. But, there is no way to know what else the factory screwed up at this point, and I'd be unable to trust the rest of the truck was properly built and/or inspected.

Put another way, let's say you go to a restaurant and order a pot pie with pancetta instead of bacon, no cheese, and pearl onions rather than Vidalia onions. If they bring the pot pie to your table with two big pieces of bacon on top, would you be confident that they made it without cheese and with pearl onions in place of Vidalia onions? I get that this is a ridiculous hypo, but it's the premise I'm getting at... if they missed something so easy to catch (like the wrong sidesteps), how can you possibly believe they got the small stuff right?
the op needs to get the poc, build sheet and the window sticker and check everything out.

Mathis35

Reaction score

I think we're still trying to establish whether those are tubular side steps or not. There seems to be some mixed info across multiple sites.

MrDazana

Reaction score
I think it all boils down to what the meaning of the word “tubular” is. Round, like a tube? Or cool, like an 80’s surfer?
They were Mopar running boards 82215301AB. I was able to get them to put on the tubular ones from a sport model 82215301AC

MrDazana

Reaction score
Not trying to rain on your parade, but I would pass on the truck unless they gave you a HUGE discount over and above what they may have already agreed to give you, and a free extended warranty. The fact that your window sticker and build sheet show black tubular side steps when your truck clearly does not have those is a major problem. To wit, both your window sticker and build sheet contain the wrong information, which begs the question: what the heck else did they get wrong? How can you be confident that your truck was built properly or even went through an inspection (one would think that something as obvious as missing tubular side steps would have been picked up).

Now, you may not be as particular or demanding as I, but there's no way I'd take a truck that is clearly not as advertised.
Nothing else is missing, I checked off everything on my sheet to make sure it was there. The dealer made it right by ordering the proper ones and will install them when I'll pick up my truck. I already have close to 20k off and an extended warranty 415 for $2150. I don't think I can milk them any harder.

rrutkf80

Reaction score
Borrowed my grandsons 19 2500 to tow my camper out to the hunting lease. It’s a 2500 but reinforces my choice. What a nice truck and an easy tow even on county roads and then turning it around in a wet pasture. The RV is 30 footer and 8000 lbs
03B5F37C-365C-4D21-B7C8-6A6AA39612B6.jpeg
lat night I found 5 22’s at a nearby dealer, vins were NN1888xx , wish the he’ll they’d get their assembling the parts for my NN100517 Rebel!!

Users who are viewing this thread