5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

Usmc041127

Reaction score
I don't think electric will be the future. What will they do when the lithium mine runs dry. I think it will be hydrogen fuel. Toyota already has an engine they are testing. PLUG has developed fuel cells already. Stocks have been going up the last 2 years.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
I don't think electric will be the future. What will they do when the lithium mine runs dry. I think it will be hydrogen fuel. Toyota already has an engine they are testing. PLUG has developed fuel cells already. Stocks have been going up the last 2 years.
Agreed, and I think Hyundai came out with a hydrogen SUV last year? Maybe two years ago? California only if I remember right because they had pumps in place already.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
My main concern with hydrogen fuel cells, and the hydrogen used therein, is how flammable it is. There is a safe way to use them, but we live in a society where people do very stupid things regularly.

thenachobro

Reaction score
I don't know how it works on the UC5, but on the UC4, you click on the Apps icon which brings up a menu that contains an icon for "Wi-Fi Hotspot." If you click on that, you can turn the hotspot on and off.
So, I don't think its a bluetooth issue and maybe not a uconnect5 issue. I think its an android auto issue. I might disable bluetooth android auto for a few days and see if I have the same issue. Sorry this is taking so long but I don't drive all day every day so I test when I do. Thank you all for your patience.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
So, I don't think its a bluetooth issue and maybe not a uconnect5 issue. I think its an android auto issue. I might disable bluetooth android auto for a few days and see if I have the same issue. Sorry this is taking so long but I don't drive all day every day so I test when I do. Thank you all for your patience.
No need to apologize! You are going above and beyond to give us all a heads up as to what is going on. Thanks for what you are doing.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
So, I had been holding off looking at my dealer’s website since I know they don’t control the manufacturing process (and, therefore, don’t control when trucks get sent to them), but I just looked. On one hand, I’m happy to report they have no Limiteds being sent to them. On the other hand, they have 29 2022’s for sale with window stickers, 24 of which have VINs higher (and much higher at that) than mine.

RockJock

Reaction score
So, I had been holding off looking at my dealer’s website since I know they don’t control the manufacturing process (and, therefore, don’t control when trucks get sent to them), but I just looked. On one hand, I’m happy to report they have no Limiteds being sent to them. On the other hand, they have 29 2022’s for sale with window stickers, 24 of which have VINs higher (and much higher at that) than mine.
Mine is the same. They have Big Horn and Laramie on the way. Maybe 20 total. No Limited. In a way I'm actually happy about that!

Nate F

Reaction score
Mine has 16 in transit. 3 Limited and 2 Limited Longhorn...

MatthewMjr

Reaction score
Out of curiosity I did some searching for the "body vendor" It turns out that a company named Ground Effects does the spray in bed liner and anything like running boards, steps or the bed utility group. You can see where they are on the google map of the area the plant is in. Just a little more knowledge for the group if you wanted it or not.

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
My main concern with hydrogen fuel cells, and the hydrogen used therein, is how flammable it is. There is a safe way to use them, but we live in a society where people do very stupid things regularly.
Honda built a hydrogen fuel cell car in 2009 call the FXC. You could only lease one at the time and my understanding is the program has been entirely discontinued. https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a15146708/2009-honda-fcx-clarity-road-test/

If I remember correctly the bigger issue with Hydrogen was keeping it liquid in warmer temperatures. It would have taken more energy to keep is a liquid in the California heat, not to mention worse states like AZ and NM. It also constantly fell short of the advertised/optimal range for just that reason.

MatthewMjr

Reaction score
I looked at my dealer web site they have 4 trucks in shipment. Two Big Horn and two Limited. All higher VIN's than my truck. Mine has been built which is good but you would think if they had 4 trucks in shipment they would wait and ship mine with the others going to the dealer?

n00ber

Reaction score
Out of curiosity I did some searching for the "body vendor" It turns out that a company named Ground Effects does the spray in bed liner and anything like running boards, steps or the bed utility group. You can see where they are on the google map of the area the plant is in. Just a little more knowledge for the group if you wanted it or not.
@Camel_City if they truly do the running boards I would call and ask if they have a part number for it. (I cant call at this time)

Users who are viewing this thread