5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
So, I had been holding off looking at my dealer’s website since I know they don’t control the manufacturing process (and, therefore, don’t control when trucks get sent to them), but I just looked. On one hand, I’m happy to report they have no Limiteds being sent to them. On the other hand, they have 29 2022’s for sale with window stickers, 24 of which have VINs higher (and much higher at that) than mine.
I think what's becoming clear is, despite what Ram says, they are certainly not prioritizing customer builds. This may have been true in the past but the vast majority of buyers are buying off the lot and dealers need trucks to sell.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, I had been holding off looking at my dealer’s website since I know they don’t control the manufacturing process (and, therefore, don’t control when trucks get sent to them), but I just looked. On one hand, I’m happy to report they have no Limiteds being sent to them. On the other hand, they have 29 2022’s for sale with window stickers, 24 of which have VINs higher (and much higher at that) than mine.
Do any of those Limiteds have the Off Road Group?

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think what's becoming clear is, despite what Ram says, they are certainly not prioritizing customer builds. This may have been true in the past but the vast majority of buyers are buying off the lot and dealers need trucks to sell.
Agreed. They're prioritizing certain builds/part combos. Whether it's a sold order or not, and where the VIN is at, appears to barely factor in (if at all).

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just some ramblings, but they have to know what parts are coming to them and with so much stuff just sitting at port their alternative is probably to be building nothing at all, and that's no good. We may very well see a lot of our orders get jumped up to the front of the line and churned out quickly once those components show up. I know I haven't seen ANY Limiteds with ORG available on dealer lots. I'm sure there are some but I just haven't hit one yet (and I'm not exactly spending a huge amount of time on it either). I know some 10th Anniversary Editions have been built, but I haven't seen one lately and the one I did see didn't have ORG if I remember correctly.

The fact that Limiteds have every bell and whistle makes everything harder for us. I'm starting to think that they are lacking ORG parts, and shifting those parts to get Rebels produced just like they are withholding power folding mirror components from Rebels and changing to manual fold to reallocate those components to Limited trucks.

Trucks should be built to order, but I didn't order a 73K truck to get manual folding mirrors. I ordered it to get virtually every bell and whistle (minus the sunroof in my case) ESPECIALLY in the current shortage environment.

monkeypunch

Reaction score
Just some ramblings, but they have to know what parts are coming to them and with so much stuff just sitting at port their alternative is probably to be building nothing at all, and that's no good. We may very well see a lot of our orders get jumped up to the front of the line and churned out quickly once those components show up. I know I haven't seen ANY Limiteds with ORG available on dealer lots. I'm sure there are some but I just haven't hit one yet (and I'm not exactly spending a huge amount of time on it either). I know some 10th Anniversary Editions have been built, but I haven't seen one lately and the one I did see didn't have ORG if I remember correctly.

The fact that Limiteds have every bell and whistle makes everything harder for us. I'm starting to think that they are lacking ORG parts, and shifting those parts to get Rebels produced just like they are withholding power folding mirror components from Rebels and changing to manual fold to reallocate those components to Limited trucks.

Trucks should be built to order, but I didn't order a 73K truck to get manual folding mirrors. I ordered it to get virtually every bell and whistle (minus the sunroof in my case) ESPECIALLY in the current shortage environment.
I have yet to see a Limited with ORG as well. **** RAM.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score

How many theories does it take to get to the center of an automotive clusterfuck? The world may never know.

Just dated myself HARD.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All three of us have 10th Anniversary Limited's with the ORG and ordered within a week of each other. I am curious so see how this shakes out for us.
I'm not seeing any Max Steel on our tracker with build sheets/window stickers either. I know that doesn't apply to you but it makes me wonder...

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
All three of us have 10th Anniversary Limited's with the ORG and ordered within a week of each other. I am curious so see how this shakes out for us.
I'm happy to start taking bets. Line starts at +115 for @monkeypunch, +275 for @Werfs Flammen, and +415 for @KWKSLVR (sorry buddy, but that Max Steel is too hard to ignore).

All donations bets can be sent to @5thgenbets on CashApp. 🤣

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
I'm happy to start taking bets. Line starts at +115 for @monkeypunch, +275 for @Werfs Flammen, and +415 for @KWKSLVR (sorry buddy, but that Max Steel is too hard to ignore).

KWKSLVR is the only one with no Sunroof though. I have a feeling since his has "less parts" and was ordered first it should be his first. But who knows the way things have been going

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I do see several 2022 2500's in Max Steel on lots and for sale online as well as a YouTube Vid from a dude that got his a couple of weeks ago, but no 1500's yet.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
KWKSLVR is the only one with no Sunroof though. I have a feeling since his has "less parts" and was ordered first it should be his first. But who knows the way things have been going
Yeah, I wanted to keep that heat and body flex out....and I'm paranoid about shattering glass 😂

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
Yeah, I wanted to keep that heat and body flex out....and I'm paranoid about shattering glass 😂
Not knocking the choice. I was told that in the Dallas area with their hail issues Sunroofs are more common because the metal just dents. For me this is also our road tripper so I wanted it to have a more open feel

Users who are viewing this thread