5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

nhartt88

Reaction score
I put a Laramie order in at mark dodge on 24 June. 1000 dollar deposit, was told 8-1× weeks. Emailed them again September 1st and they said production should start soon just hang tight, but expect 8-14 weeks. I thought, damn I thought I was already 6 weeks into my wait already. Apparently it didn't count. Anyway, sent them another communication on October 1st and they said well you're still in D status, but maybe it has updated and we haven't been told yet, check back on a month.

Any of you guys have an idea what I should expect?

I ordered from Mark Dodge on June 28. Laramie, SW package. I have some optimism that our builds are coming up soon after i saw CAM123 build sheet came up yesterday (oct1). His order was placed june 25 at MD with a laramie SW package also. I’ll be happy with a november arrival at this point ( shipping from louisiana to se florida). it’s going to be a painful wait for the lift kit and wheels anyway…

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Something tells me that the dealer information that we have been promised (8-12 weeks) is when PRODUCTION starts, not when we placed our order.

Dealers should clarify that because when they give us that promise, we automatically assumed it's when we order.

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my spouse 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Ben1500GT

Reaction score
Something tells me that the dealer information that we have been promised (8-12 weeks) is when PRODUCTION starts, not when we placed our order.

Dealers should clarify that because when they give us that promise, we automatically assumed it's when we order.

6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

Correct. 8-12 weeks from beginning of production is what I was told. I talked with my dealership yesterday and there are so many restrictions right now. Possible hold ups on night edition and pano’s. But, he did say that if the parts are there they go to sold orders first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DTol

Reaction score
Correct. 8-12 weeks from beginning of production is what I was told. I talked with my dealership yesterday and there are so many restrictions right now. Possible hold ups on night edition and pano’s. But, he did say that if the parts are there they go to sold orders first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Certainly seems that this is untrue. Look at Eightys scatter graph and Triple B's spreadsheet. It is clear that sold orders are not given any priority and that order build selection appears to be random. If there is any relationship it maybe, but still not clear that they are being built relative to areas for shipping purposes. The dealers are certainly willing to feed misinformation to keep customers happy. There is no way they can know.

DTol

Reaction score

6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

The dealers don't know. There is no way they can know. Look at the data compiled by Eighty and Triple B. Orders go into production based on decisions made by Stalantis. There is no discernable pattern or priorities other than possibly area for shipping management. Certainly not sold orders. The build process is based on available parts and other conditions like shipping. The only time the dealer knows anything real other than a change in order status is when the order is invoiced to them and they can monitor the shipping process.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The dealers don't know. There is no way they can know. Look at the data compiled by Eighty and Triple B. Orders go into production based on decisions made by Stalantis. There is no discernable pattern or priorities other than possibly area for shipping management. Certainly not sold orders. The build process is based on available parts and other conditions like shipping. The only time the dealer knows anything real other than a change in order status is when the order is invoiced to them and they can monitor the shipping process.
Yes, it's obvious that the dealers don't know anything more than the status code that they look up in their system. Anything else that they say is pure conjecture. As is anything that Ram Chat says. The truth really does appear to be that it is a qualified lottery (determined by what Stellantis decides they want to build). I'm not judging the process - I'm sure there are a lot of factors that we can't see. I've been studying the data for anything that could remotely lead to a pattern, but there's just no rhyme or reason to the builds. Well, I'm sure there is, but the pertinent factors aren't available to the public.

rrutkf80

Reaction score
geeze, saw this hile surfing the net:

Tensions rise as Sterling Heights Assembly Plant workers begin ninety consecutive days at work​

Hope they get started soon on my 9 May 21 order before this goes on too long and the workers get totally pissed

Randboye

Reaction score
Man, such good information, but it raises so many more questions?

Seems like a truck is either sold or not sold so what other condition is there besides, "Sold" and "Stock" and why don't all the trucks that are VII ("Sold") also have the line for "Sold Vehicle" if they mean the same thing? What about those that don't have the "Sold Vehicle" line but still are VII?

I honestly dont think it has anything to do with the order they are being built so I am not trying to get more out of this but I do enjoying knowing this extra piece of information. Nice work @Eighty (y)

FYI: 2761 trucks are VII but 596 don't also have the "Sold Vehicle" line and only ONE of those is a RAMTRX member so I am going to see if he can provide a copy of his POC.

geeze, saw this hile surfing the net:

Tensions rise as Sterling Heights Assembly Plant workers begin ninety consecutive days at work​

Hope they get started soon on my 9 May 21 order before this goes on too long and the workers get totally pissed
My sentiments also.
Once back in the 60's their was a owner that had a rattle in their new car took it back several times to get fixed, finally they found a coke bottle stuck up in a dash with a note inside saying bet you had a hell of a time finding this. I'm sure things like couldn't happen today with cameras and inspections but a **** off worker could cause some headache for someone.😕

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
My sentiments also.
Once back in the 60's their was a owner that had a rattle in their new car took it back several times to get fixed, finally they found a coke bottle stuck up in a dash with a note inside saying bet you had a hell of a time finding this. I'm sure things like couldn't happen today with cameras and inspections but a **** off worker could cause some headache for someone.😕
I heard the same type of story only it was a rock in the rear quarter panel.

Itsslow98

Reaction score
Anyone know what retail order in the bottom left means? Any difference in a dealer ordering a lot truck vs a customer ordered? Just curious

Attachments

• 20210802_152716.jpg
    20210802_152716.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 63

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone know what retail order in the bottom left means? Any difference in a dealer ordering a lot truck vs a customer ordered? Just curious
Pretty sure that means it went in as a stock order (not a "sold" order). I don't know that it really means much, though. Stock orders apparently are being built as fast (or faster) than sold orders.

ny2az

Reaction score
duplicate post as l also posted this on the Trx forum,...

my dealer says my order status shows D1 with ext. ship date ... no build sheet found ... does this mean it should get built soon ...

DTol

Reaction score

my dealer says my order status shows D1 with ext. ship date ... no build sheet found ... does this mean it should get built soon ...
It means that they have the parts to build it. People have spent months in D and D1 status. The expected ship date is meaningless. Just a device to keep you from asking so many questions. Same as the expected build date some dealers add to the POC. Just some lies to manage customer expectations.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score

It's just a scheduling thing for you at this point. But its moving along and at least you are scheduled.

6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

RDSnj2021

Reaction score
Something up with Ramtrucks com, build & price. Still shows 2021 year on site BUT on build & price, local offers,mentions Invoice pricing. When scrolling down, gets into 2022 models.

Users who are viewing this thread