5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

brenan00

Reaction score
Finally have a window sticker. Maybe they’ll get around to shipping it soon. That said, my dealership will hopefully still honor FFP (affiliate) pricing. Really hoping it’s true that they’re only dropping it from 21s.
Only model year 2021 is no longer eligible for affiliate pricing, unless your 2022 does not deliver until next October, you may have a problem then.

Reaction score
Only model year 2021 is no longer eligible for affiliate pricing, unless your 2022 does not deliver until next October, you may have a problem then.
Let’s not challenge a supply chain to not deliver in the current environment…lol. On a positive note, I’d guess a lot of the Uconnect 5 bugs would be worked out by then.

PCHokie

Reaction score
So I ran across this article on how Ford caught dealerships making up customers to order more Broncos. I recall someone posting people moving from D1 back to D because there were audits on Ram dealers doing the same. Ford punished these dealers by suspending their allocations for a month. I wonder if FCA is doing the same and is the cause for why some member orders are not being built while other much newer orders are getting scheduled and built?

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/...-up-fake-bronco-customers-and-its-had-enough/

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
So I ran across this article on how Ford caught dealerships making up customers to order more Broncos. I recall someone posting people moving from D1 back to D because there were audits on Ram dealers doing the same. Ford punished these dealers by suspending their allocations for a month. I wonder if FCA is doing the same and is the cause for why some member orders are not being built while other much newer orders are getting scheduled and built?

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/...-up-fake-bronco-customers-and-its-had-enough/
That’s actually a very good thought… it would explain why Mark Dodge, one of the largest (if not largest) volume dealers has yet to have a special order truck go to D1 (or, at least that’s what I thought someone mentioned the other day).

n00ber

Reaction score
That’s actually a very good thought… it would explain why Mark Dodge, one of the largest (if not largest) volume dealers has yet to have a special order truck go to D1 (or, at least that’s what I thought someone mentioned the other day).
*train noises* All aboard the theory train!

It would make sense that they would look closely at everyone from around the U.S. ordering from one dealership. I for one ordered (in my opinion) from a smaller dealership. So it would be interesting for me to see when the Mark Dodge orders really start coming in vs a small dealership.

Now we just need Eighty to tell us why we are so far off the mark once again lol.

Ben1500GT

Reaction score
Man this thread is hard to keep up with!

So a few tidbits of info to throw into the mix. My dealer is selling everything at MSRP with no affiliate pricing. If there are any incentives on 22s when they start hitting the ground those will be honored though. Also the gm will throw whatever Ram coupons he has at it when it arrives.

Sold orders are taking priority over dealership inventory orders at the factory BUT some dealerships are putting in “sold” orders under fake names just to get vehicles on the lot…They are starting to get audited for this actually.

I got a VIN the next day after I ordered so that was cool, but currently sitting in D status one month out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

firedfly

Reaction score

I ordered from Mark Dodge and am in D1. My POC from earlier this week indicated my truck would be built today. Mark Dodge also has at least 4 stock trucks that have shipped (window stickers generated).

EDIT: Mark Dodge currently has nine 2022 Ram 1500s listed on their site (7 Laramie, 2 Rebel). 7 of them have window stickers. The remaining 2 have build sheets.

Last edited:

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Man this thread is hard to keep up with!

So a few tidbits of info to throw into the mix. My dealer is selling everything at MSRP with no affiliate pricing. If there are any incentives on 22s when they start hitting the ground those will be honored though. Also the gm will throw whatever Ram coupons he has at it when it arrives.

Sold orders are taking priority over dealership inventory orders at the factory BUT some dealerships are putting in “sold” orders under fake names just to get vehicles on the lot…They are starting to get audited for this actually.

I got a VIN the next day after I ordered so that was cool, but currently sitting in D status one month out.

That's shady as hell. Why don't they just put some effort into advertising the ability to order a truck? I 1) had no idea you could even do that till a few months ago and 2) immediately assumed I'd have to pay MSRP or more, and wouldn't be able to get any deals/incentives. When actually the opposite is true, at least right now.

PCHokie

Reaction score
Apparently my dealer has a Black 22 1500 Limited Night Edition in stock. While it has a lot more options than what I ordered, not 10th Anniversary Edition, and Black. I inquired if it was possible to buy this with Affiliate program and move my deposit to it and they just sell my order. I’m tired of waiting.

Last edited:

PCHokie

Reaction score
Apparently my dealer has a Black 22 1500 Limited Night Edition in stock. While it has a lot more options than what I ordered, not 10th Anniversary Edition, and Black. I inquired if it was possible to buy this with Affiliate program and move my deposit to it and they just sell my order. I’m tired of waiting.

Interesting info from my dealer.

Attachments

• D610861C-EE9B-4626-B074-2EA5F4272F68.jpeg
    D610861C-EE9B-4626-B074-2EA5F4272F68.jpeg
    77.3 KB · Views: 85

Calileta

Reaction score
Interesting info from my dealer.
Yep, I’d hang in there to get what you really want. There’s no telling what truck is your last. Of course, I’m an old guy, so I think about that more these days than I used to. Go for it!

killerformula

Reaction score
I put a Laramie order in at mark dodge on 24 June. 1000 dollar deposit, was told 8-1× weeks. Emailed them again September 1st and they said production should start soon just hang tight, but expect 8-14 weeks. I thought, damn I thought I was already 6 weeks into my wait already. Apparently it didn't count. Anyway, sent them another communication on October 1st and they said well you're still in D status, but maybe it has updated and we haven't been told yet, check back on a month.

Any of you guys have an idea what I should expect?

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I put a Laramie order in at mark dodge on 24 June. 1000 dollar deposit, was told 8-1× weeks. Emailed them again September 1st and they said production should start soon just hang tight, but expect 8-14 weeks. I thought, damn I thought I was already 6 weeks into my wait already. Apparently it didn't count. Anyway, sent them another communication on October 1st and they said well you're still in D status, but maybe it has updated and we haven't been told yet, check back on a month.

I would say wait 3-6 months from time of ordering to receiving it.

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score

I ordered on 7/29 and expecting realistically to be at my door end of November early December

Itsslow98

Reaction score

I'd say the 8-12 week estimate is accurate from the day they started building 22s.

DTol

Reaction score

I put my order in on the 27th of May. My truck has been built and has been in Inspection status for 15 days. I may not see it until the middle of November.

Two to three weeks in JB status is realistic, and 3 weeks plus in shipping status is also realistic. This is barring any plant shut downs.

Estimated build dates on the POC are meaningless. Estimated shipping dates are meaningless. Most anything your dealer says is meaningless. D means you have a valid order and a VIN. D1 means they have the parts to build your truck. A Build Sheet means they have started the build process. A window sticker means they have finished the build process, have cleared the vehicle for shipping and have invoiced the Dealer. Then the dealer may have some information as to when it is going to arrive at the dealership. Triple B - Put this on the FAQ list.

Users who are viewing this thread