5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm actually curious to see if any of the big horns that have been built, do any of them the back country package?

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my spouse 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

shepboyrd

Reaction score
Update on FCA affiliates discount,
Dealer called yesterday, my salesman had me stop in to sign a purchase agreement. Salesman said it was the only way to lock in the 1% under invoice price before Oct 1st. Glad it worked out, trying to save as much as possible on this imaginary truck.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So very close to my order. Different color and mine has air suspension and larger gas tank.

@Eighty - are we seeing many rigs with air suspension being built? Thanks for all your info!
Yes, there are a LOT of trucks with air suspension being built.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Big

Here is another one for the tracker
VIN 1C6SRFRM5NN150386
Laramie 6'4" EcoDiesel
Ordered 8/3 received VIN from dealer 8/17
Got yours into the tracker.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
This 22 vin is from a dealer in Arlington TX off autotrader.
1C6SRFHM6NN184337

This one from Houston.
1C6SRFHM1NN134882
It is infuriating to see a truck (the bottom one) that is: (1) nearly identical to mine, (2) a dealer order, (3) over 10,000 VINs later than mine, (4) headed to a dealer in the metro area I live in, (5) with a window sticker before I'm even out of D status. Why I believed the company line that "sold" orders take precedence is beyond me; I should be wise enough to know that companies will say whatever they have to in order to sell product.

ManUp2Down

Reaction score
Great find! Thanks for sharing. I wish I knew about the G/T when I ordered my truck and went with the 12” screen. Options start getting pricey which deterred me. Your build is pretty much what I would have wanted for options if I did though.
I got lucky on the G/T, I was in the process of a loaded Laramie. Got rid of the safety and sun roof to get it back to my cost range. You got a great truck coming either way sir. Hopefully sooner rather then later

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It is infuriating to see a truck (the bottom one) that is: (1) nearly identical to mine, (2) a dealer order, (3) over 10,000 VINs later than mine, (4) headed to a dealer in the metro area I live in, (5) with a window sticker before I'm even out of D status. Why I believed the company line that "sold" orders take precedence is beyond me; I should be wise enough to know that companies will say whatever they have to in order to sell product.
I should have put my venting about my order here, instead of the other page, so I'm just going to continue with your quote.

The reason why my frustration is growing here is that ram trucks are clearly being built to fill the lots. The problem with that is that the lots are already empty. Dropping off a couple of cars to the dealers lot will absolutely p!ss off folks that placed an order at that dealer MONTHS ago. That will make the dealer look bad, in my eyes. All this does is help the dealer mark up that new inventory. This is happening already. Then guess what, your neighbor would buy that truck over MSRP, and when you pass his/her driveway, it will make people upset after waiting months with nothing to show.

To follow, I absolutely love the work @Eighty and @triple_B work. With checking build sheets, and data tracking. Why on earth can our dealers give this information to us? The very little response from dealers, Stellantis, ram chat, and emailing fca has been very poorly, to basically responding with "cut and paste" answers from the prior email, or chats.

I'm all about ram loyalty, this would be my 3rd ram. With that said, fall is here, and in a couple of months, winter will be here and I'm not driving my charger in the snow.

Finally, I have no problem voicing my frustrations with ram, and lack of information. I would be perfectly happy to take my money, and shop for either a used/new truck (still won't pay any markups) at Ford or chevy ( I do have affiliates to get discounts on those) and use that for a couple of years until the electric ram comes out.

@RamCares

Ok...my ran is over. Sorry for the long message.

6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

rrutkf80

Reaction score
I know. I'm also now 139 on an order list for a C8...bought 2 vehicles in 2021 and have 0!
The C8 is an awesome package I drove one for an hour on the NCM track in May. It’s so easy to quickly drive very fast but my 2010 C6 Z06 is just as fast on the same track so I’ll save a lot of $ and keep it. I’m still trying, Octogenarian Racer Bob

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@AngelPhoenix

I'm going to reply to what you said here instead of the other thread.

You are right, the chip shortage is affecting everyone, so delays are happening everywhere. Here is what I can control.

What tickles my pickle (inserted a joke in a serious point) is that I took a chance in trading in my old ram. I have my money. Now I place an order for a new one. I can clearly cancel that order (I can even go around my dealer to cancel and make a point, so my order doesn't get sold to anybody else), and literally just buy something else on the lot that is either used, or get a good price on something newish/cpo if even possible. I can go to a different dealer, buy a different brand, and EVERYBODY loses.

The issue is not the ram product. We can all find something somewhere else. Maybe not so fancy. We choosed to order from ram. The issue is communication, lack of clarity, and the fact that the current allocated chips that should to go the "first come, first serve" is going to dealers and not sold trucks. That inventory could have been used for sold trucks and loyal customers. Just wait when they run out of chips again, and shut down for another week. Guess what, now 2022 trucks are on the lot, and us that ordered are just sitting here looking at 2020 mailed brochures, and a website that shows 2021 trucks that aren't being produced anymore.

@RamCares

6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

Users who are viewing this thread