5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

BladeK

Reaction score
Looks like the new trucks made to Texas State Fair in good order.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1633054671231.jpg
    FB_IMG_1633054671231.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 67

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
of course these trucks had to be built before ours!:(
I'm thinking that those are demo cars, or cars that can't be sold yet.

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my spouse 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
The C8 is an awesome package I drove one for an hour on the NCM track in May. It’s so easy to quickly drive very fast but my 2010 C6 Z06 is just as fast on the same track so I’ll save a lot of $ and keep it. I’m still trying, Octogenarian Racer Bob
C2 for the win!

RockJock

Reaction score
My dealer has several 2022 1500s on the website. Most are listed as being built (1 has a VIN 10000 higher than mine) but 1 is in transit. That one has a build sheet for sure. Got irritated and didn't bother to see if it has a window sticker.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@AngelPhoenix

I'm going to reply to what you said here instead of the other thread.

You are right, the chip shortage is affecting everyone, so delays are happening everywhere. Here is what I can control.

What tickles my pickle (inserted a joke in a serious point) is that I took a chance in trading in my old ram. I have my money. Now I place an order for a new one. I can clearly cancel that order (I can even go around my dealer to cancel and make a point, so my order doesn't get sold to anybody else), and literally just buy something else on the lot that is either used, or get a good price on something newish/cpo if even possible. I can go to a different dealer, buy a different brand, and EVERYBODY loses.

The issue is not the ram product. We can all find something somewhere else. Maybe not so fancy. We choosed to order from ram. The issue is communication, lack of clarity, and the fact that the current allocated chips that should to go the "first come, first serve" is going to dealers and not sold trucks. That inventory could have been used for sold trucks and loyal customers. Just wait when they run out of chips again, and shut down for another week. Guess what, now 2022 trucks are on the lot, and us that ordered are just sitting here looking at 2020 mailed brochures, and a website that shows 2021 trucks that aren't being produced anymore.

@RamCares

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my spouse 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I get what you're saying, don't really disagree.

I think the clarity issue is across the board, and what Stellantis has to do to keep things moving is constantly changing, so I don't know that I really blame them there. Where I definitely blame them is for a lack of communicating with us (or at least with the dealers), as far as providing updates. Us having to bug the dealer, to bug Ram, to have them tell the dealers pretty much the same thing we can learn from Ram chat is silly, and counterproductive. Ram should be feeding the dealers info without them having to ask, and dealers should be feeding us info without us having to ask them. It's the constant pinball machine of messages that's making an already rough situation even worse.

As far as them building dealer trucks before ours, idk. I'm conflicted. On the one hand, the industry doesn't really know anything else; it's built on off-the-lot sales, and I think the fact that these dealers have literally **** to offer scares the crap out of Ram and the other OEM's and they're desperately trying to get them something, ANYTHING to put on the lot. At the same time, we are in fact "sold" orders, so one would think they would try and get us these trucks ASAP and get the rest of the money we've essentially already promised them. But maybe even with all these orders they think, volume-wise, it still pales in comparison to what they could do by just getting a handful of trucks to a decent spread of dealers.

I don't know all the numbers but I think even with the inflated prices, Ram is losing money. Maybe the dealers are making bank, but even that's in question. So on the one hand, I want them to do whatever they need to do in order to like...not collapse, but I also just want my damn truck lol.

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
Now if they can only show us how the exhaust is going to sound!

I found a video with the mopar exhaust installed but not the actual GT full sound with intake and exhaust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
I get what you're saying, don't really disagree.

I think the clarity issue is across the board, and what Stellantis has to do to keep things moving is constantly changing, so I don't know that I really blame them there. Where I definitely blame them is for a lack of communicating with us (or at least with the dealers), as far as providing updates. Us having to bug the dealer, to bug Ram, to have them tell the dealers pretty much the same thing we can learn from Ram chat is silly, and counterproductive. Ram should be feeding the dealers info without them having to ask, and dealers should be feeding us info without us having to ask them. It's the constant pinball machine of messages that's making an already rough situation even worse.

As far as them building dealer trucks before ours, idk. I'm conflicted. On the one hand, the industry doesn't really know anything else; it's built on off-the-lot sales, and I think the fact that these dealers have literally **** to offer scares the crap out of Ram and the other OEM's and they're desperately trying to get them something, ANYTHING to put on the lot. At the same time, we are in fact "sold" orders, so one would think they would try and get us these trucks ASAP and get the rest of the money we've essentially already promised them. But maybe even with all these orders they think, volume-wise, it still pales in comparison to what they could do by just getting a handful of trucks to a decent spread of dealers.

I don't know all the numbers but I think even with the inflated prices, Ram is losing money. Maybe the dealers are making bank, but even that's in question. So on the one hand, I want them to do whatever they need to do in order to like...not collapse, but I also just want my damn truck lol.
I don't think the dealers are making much money and that is the reason they are getting some before us. IMO they see outs as sold and they think the majority of us will wait for what we ordered for a reason. So till then they can stock the dealers with a few trucks here and there they can sell as MSRP (higher than most of us are going to be paying) so they can still keep their doors open. I am sure a lot of them are feeding sob stories about not having enough to pay employees or keep the lights on kind of thing. I just hope this doesn't lead to another collapse and bail out.

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
So, my dealer says affiliate pricing will never go away. Anyone have more info on this?
I called the affiliate pricing 1-888 number listed on their site on Tuesday or Wednesday (I forget now). They said changes are coming 10/01. They system was not "ending" but what would be offered for discounts was changing. So I called two different dealerships in my area who do affiliate pricing. Both the one I am using and another one both told my they found out just this week it as ending for all Ram models on 10/01. Mine said they will honor the deal and sell it to me for the invoice pricing. The affiliate program was always an optional program for dealers. Feel free to check my work if someone else wants to call the affiliate program when they open in 12 min. Maybe today they can share what was dropped.

Eh_Ron

Reaction score
Talked with dealer on Wednesday. I ordered August 18th (Canada) and still don't have a VIN assigned. I asked if anything was holding it up and they said the leather seats are problematic (first I think I saw this excuse through this group). They mentioned if I wanted to go with a Laramie Sport rather than just a Sport (Canada Trim) then it would get priority. Obviously through this group I think we can all agree that we actually have no idea what is priority and what is not. I opted to just keep my order as I am willing to wait and am expecting January or February delivery and am alright with that. If it lags I can understand that as well due to the supply chain issues.

As mentioned before I am in a very similar industry and there are a couple things that get thrown around here that are not necessarily true.

The manufacturer does NOT control the dealers. They communicate the same thing to the dealers (which could be limited information) and the dealer communicates with us. There is a lot of "telephone" going on (from the OEM, to corporate managers, to GMs, to Sales managers and to salespeople) and ultimately if your dealer wants to feed you some information which is untrue to keep or make a sale they just may. The manufacturer is not responsible for handling customers in any way as well the dealer has no ability to speed anything up or control the manufacturer. The manufacturer will prioritize based on what makes sense to them. As for sold vs dealer inventory, dealers will have a specific amount that they will be allocated for their lots. Sometimes they will utilize these slots for sold units and sometimes (specifically because of margin and markup) they will prefer to leave these as inventory to sell to general public. Depending on dealer size, network or sales performance history, they may take priority over others however usually that just means they have more customers at their door and ultimately the same percentage of delivery to customer ratio.

I believe if you have a truck which is being built far before others you have been chosen for some reason or another which likely the dealers themselves don't know the reasoning.

May the odds be ever in your favor.

RamGram

Reaction score
Hi, just new to the forum. I ordered a 2022 Ram Sport, all the bells and whistles 8/14 in Ontario. Still no VIN, but have a VON 50517996.
Can anyone tell me how to get anymore info on the status of my order?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi, just new to the forum. I ordered a 2022 Ram Sport, all the bells and whistles 8/14 in Ontario. Still no VIN, but have a VON 50517996.
Contact Ram Chat, and give them your VON. If you have a VIN, they'll be able to give it to you.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
can not do anything with a VIN
sometimes ramchat can look up your vin otherwise only the dealer can give it to you.

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
Was surprised (shouldn't be) to see two rebels with window stickers on my dealer's site.

Where's my order that was placed 4 months ago?!?!

Is this mark dodge? Because I was just looking and got my feelings hurt because they have for in transit listed for sale. Two Laramie and 2 Rebels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread