5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Three ‘22 1500 Rebels showed up on Autotrader today for Tacoma Dodge here in WA. Looks like dealerships are starting to get their inventory
There have been listings for 2022's for a couple of months now. I've been tracking about 500 of them (to see when they get built, as opposed to "sold" orders).

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Some of the dealerships in my are are now starting to list trucks (2021s and 2022s) with "currently being built" labels and no pictures. I used to see this only a week or so before arrival, thats how my 2020 was done. I bet they are doing it earlier now.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was on Autotrader and one dealership in OH had a 2022 listed with pictures I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/241fe1ed
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Odd that it has a build sheet, but no published window sticker. I wonder if this is a stock photo, or if it's really in the dealer's hands.

PCHokie

Reaction score
Odd that it has a build sheet, but no published window sticker. I wonder if this is a stock photo, or if it's really in the dealer's hands.
Not on the dealer website either.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not on the dealer website either.
It’s definitely a real 2022 at that dealership in those pics. You can tell by the new big horn grille for 22, the uconnect 5, and the dealership building in the background.

ace333

Reaction score
Question for you guys. I ordered a Big Horn with the Night Package as well as Off Road Group. Looking at it now I realized that the Night Package includes the anti spin differential but the Off Road Group includes the rear e-locker. So I guess my question is can you get both or does one take priority?

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Question for you guys. I ordered a Big Horn with the Night Package as well as Off Road Group. Looking at it now I realized that the Night Package includes the anti spin differential but the Off Road Group includes the rear e-locker. So I guess my question is can you get both or does one take priority?
My rudimentary understanding is that the anti-spin is automatic, whereas you engage the e-locker. So yes you can have both.

RedNightRam

Reaction score
Strange how that works, my VIN 100937 just got on the train today heading to the dealer.
Looks like you’ll be getting yours before me. I’ll send you a message when mine comes in and we can meet up. Excited for you, but also jealous 😁

Alex K

Reaction score
I am officially D1

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210929-192213.png
    Screenshot_20210929-192213.png
    120.1 KB · Views: 65

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
My rudimentary understanding is that the anti-spin is automatic, whereas you engage the e-locker. So yes you can have both.
My only points of reference are the Ram Trucks website and NADA, but neither allow a build to have both. My advice, @ace333 is to reach out to your dealer and find out for sure.

n00ber

Reaction score
A limited-slip differential is great at providing a degree of automatic correction for unanticipated loss of traction. As you point out, they work pretty well, but they don't guarantee traction in all conditions. As has been discussed on this thread, auto 4WD (if equipped) also helps to compensate for loss of traction, albeit in a very different way, and via a far more complex system. Most of the RWD and 4WD vehicles I've had over the years have been equipped with some form of an LSD, and my current vehicle has both an LSD and auto 4WD (and 4WS, which can make a low traction situation much more fun).

An electronic-locking differential enables the driver to prepare the vehicle for anticipated slippage, effectively pre-locking the axle vs. waiting for the LSD to kick in. This can provide a higher degree of control to the driver, especially if in a situation where sudden vehicle movement due to loss of traction would be undesirable. I've not owned a vehicle with an e-locker, but I look forward to testing it in a 'sticky situation' sometime soon.
Found in another thread

grogol

Reaction score
I wonder if the E-locker is like a spool and no slippage for turning corners
A locking rear differential, when locked, is not good for turning corners on dry pavement, since both wheels are locked at the same rotational speed. A differential allows the wheels to spin at different rotational speeds when turning corners.

RedNightRam

Reaction score

Finally a Laramie G/T video with some close up of the interior.
Great find! Thanks for sharing. I wish I knew about the G/T when I ordered my truck and went with the 12” screen. Options start getting pricey which deterred me. Your build is pretty much what I would have wanted for options if I did though.

n00ber

Reaction score
Great find! Thanks for sharing. I wish I knew about the G/T when I ordered my truck and went with the 12” screen. Options start getting pricey which deterred me. Your build is pretty much what I would have wanted for options if I did though.
Well the good news is the 12" screen shouldn't be too difficult to install aftermarket.
For instance I plan on installing my technology package one way or another, mainly for that 3rd brake light LED and camera.

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
Interesting I wanted the Night edition and the Off road on my Limited and when I selected one it canceled the other out. I wonder if the Big Horn allows for both for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread