5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Life isn’t fair, and all that. It is what it is though, but at least we have each other, haha.
When I was a little kid and tell my Dad "That's NOT Fair!" he would say "Son, The Fair is in September!" Well Damnit it's September!!! LOL!!

And Thanks for the tracking chart, assumptions and all!

thedream829

Reaction score
In Canada their 20,000.oo over priced in the first place.

That's every car that is sold here unfortunately. Cars in the US are significantly cheaper for every make. Even the cars manufactured here are sold at a higher price locally than when it's shipped to the US.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My saleslady emailed today! i am in "D" still not that i thought it would be differnt i ordered 7-31, although i found out that the tec options were add to my POC! Ya-hoooo also the total price went down $1001. not sure how but hope it stays that way

monkeypunch

Reaction score
My saleslady emailed today! i am in "D" still not that i thought it would be differnt i ordered 7-31, although i found out that the tec options were add to my POC! Ya-hoooo also the total price went down $1001. not sure how but hope it stays that way
I would have ordered the Level 1 group if I knew at the time it would come with the tech stuff, especially if it's cheaper. Damn. Oh well.

DTol

Reaction score
Prices on almost everything on these trucks went up for 2022. The base price went up $600 just a few weeks ago. If your price dropped, it means there is something you won't be getting. Won't really know until you see the build sheet.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Prices on almost everything on these trucks went up for 2022. The base price went up $600 just a few weeks ago. If your price dropped, it means there is something you won't be getting. Won't really know until you see the build sheet.
I would think the same, but no deductions of options at this time, you would think if that was the case the POC would reflect that now, it did show the increase for the new model year also.

brenan00

Reaction score
So it's still obnoxious but I know that Brandon Ford in Tampa, FL used to be the largest Ford Dealership in the country. Now I believe it's some place in California. Here in Birmingham we have one called Long Lewis. Locally speaking, they're good on pricing but I don't know how they compare nationally.
Mahalo nui

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
was comparing notes on other vehicles we have ordered in the past.
in early Nov 1999 we ordered a 2000 Chrysler 300M. figured it would arrive in jan or feb 2000. dealer called on dec 28 1999 car is in.
so this ordered car had to jump the line to be delivered so fast.

here's hoping we all get our order before the end of the year or earlier :)

BernieR

Reaction score
Hello All,

Sorry if these questions have already been answered as I have tried to scan through this long thread.... but here it goes:

I have contacted two very very large RAM dealers for putting in an order. Both have said that they can order a 2022 RAM Limited with the 10th Anniversary Package BUT can not choose the new "exclusive Blue Shade exterior color" that comes exclusively with the 10th Anniversary edition.

1. Anyone here know why not or when "Blue Shade" will be available to order?

2. Anyone know if this video taken at the Chicago Car Show of the 2022 RAM Limited 10th Anniversary is in the color "Blue Shade" ?

Cheers,
Bernie

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello All,

Sorry if these questions have already been answered as I have tried to scan through this long thread.... but here it goes:

I have contacted two very very large RAM dealers for putting in an order. Both have said that they can order a 2022 RAM Limited with the 10th Anniversary Package BUT can not choose the new "exclusive Blue Shade exterior color" that comes exclusively with the 10th Anniversary edition.

1. Anyone here know why not or when "Blue Shade" will be available to order?

2. Anyone know if this video taken at the Chicago Car Show of the 2022 RAM Limited 10th Anniversary is in the color "Blue Shade" ?

Cheers,
Bernie
I haven’t seen or heard of the Blue Shade being available yet, despite the marketing literature. And I believe @AMS Guru was there, and confirmed that it was Patriot Blue (by looking up the VIN).
I suspect it will be a late 2022 addition or possibly 2023. I just heard that they’re pushing back the Ignition Orange color (on TRX’s) to 2023, and that was also marketed for 2022.

RDSnj2021

Reaction score
If I were a VP in marketing I would fire all the lower level staff. It is incredible that it is 9/11 and
ram Has had the 2021 build and price website up for like four months maybe more and you can’t order a 21. How the heck are they going to take over from Ford and Chevy if they can’t even get the 2022 website up and running. Yes, a 2022 frustrated ram buyer.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
I haven’t seen or heard of the Blue Shade being available yet, despite the marketing literature. And I believe @AMS Guru was there, and confirmed that it was Patriot Blue (by looking up the VIN).
I suspect it will be a late 2022 addition or possibly 2023. I just heard that they’re pushing back the Ignition Orange color (on TRX’s) to 2023, and that was also marketed for 2022.
Yes, this is correct on the color. The unit at the C.A.S. in that YouTube video is most definitely Patriot Blue and not Blue Shade. The VIN: 1C6SRFHM0NN100139 Build Sheet most definitely has Patriot listed verbally as well as paint code. There was another user that believes they found the proper paint code and it is actually a color that FCA/Stellantis has used in the past on some Dodge and Jeep models. I'll try to find that and edit this post with that info when I find it.

There is also a Product (RED) Limited coming in bright red but there have been no official announcements or marketing shots shown of it either. Supplier issues are wreaking havoc with all industries and Stellantis is not immune. My build so far (knock on wood) has had only one omission (TTPMS) that I'm not thrilled with but does have a remedy to correct once I get the truck. Some others on here have not been so lucky. It's a crap shoot, or ClusterF U C K as many have already pointed out. Grab the reins and HOLD ON....it's going to be a wild ride!!

EDIT: I found the user who deserves the credit for the detective work on Blue Shade: @cjgerson . Paint code is: PBF supposedly. It should look like this:

Blue Shade.Reactor Blue TBF.jpg

Patriot Blue is a beautiful shade of cobalt-like blue and this Blue Shade I believe would also look incredible on the RAM. I'm glad to see them putting some alternative colors on the trucks as for the most part the color palette has been the same since 2019. I would like to see some more variance of colors available-even a "custom color" option for a significant fee as long as it is a current available Stellantis color from any sub-brand/model/trim. The copper color they did on the Gen4 was awesome!!

Last edited:

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, this is correct on the color. The unit at the C.A.S. in that YouTube video is most definitely Patriot Blue and not Blue Shade. The VIN: 1C6SRFHM0NN100139 Build Sheet most definitely has Patriot listed verbally as well as paint code. There was another user that believes they found the proper paint code and it is actually a color that FCA/Stellantis has used in the past on some Dodge and Jeep models. I'll try to find that and edit this post with that info when I find it.

There is also a Product (RED) Limited coming in bright red but there have been no official announcements or marketing shots shown of it either. Supplier issues are wreaking havoc with all industries and Stellantis is not immune. My build so far (knock on wood) has had only one omission (TTPMS) that I'm not thrilled with but does have a remedy to correct once I get the truck. Some others on here have not been so lucky. It's a crap shoot, or ClusterF U C K as many have already pointed out. Grab the reins and HOLD ON....it's going to be a wild ride!!

EDIT: I found the user who deserves the credit for the detective work on Blue Shade: @cjgerson . Paint code is: PBF supposedly. It should look like this:

View attachment 105297

Patriot Blue is a beautiful shade of cobalt-like blue and this Blue Shade I believe would also look incredible on the RAM. I'm glad to see them putting some alternative colors on the trucks as for the most part the color palette has been the same since 2019. I would like to see some more variance of colors available-even a "custom color" option for a significant fee as long as it is a current available Stellantis color from any sub-brand/model/trim. The copper color they did on the Gen4 was awesome!!
Hmmm, i was going to wait until i saw the

View attachment 105297

Hmmm, i was going to wait and see if i liked the shade blue before ordering. I now feel better the i ordered and got in line. I like the

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score

View attachment 105297

Hmmm, i was going to wait and see if i liked the shade blue before ordering. I now feel better that i ordered and got in line. I like the Patriot Blue better. Although i might change my mind when i see blue shade in person. Thank for investigating this blue shade color!

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
Hmmm, i was going to wait and see if i liked the shade blue before ordering. I now feel better that i ordered and got in line. I like the Patriot Blue better. Although i might change my mind when i see blue shade in person. Thank for investigating this blue shade color!
@cjgerson deserves the credit for the Blue Shade detective work, not I. I specifically went to the C.A.S. to see the Limited 10th Anniversary in person to see the interior AND to confirm for SURE that they were coming with UConnect 5 in them. I knew within 30 seconds of laying eyes on the truck it was going to be my 4th RAM (nickname Groot 3.0) Other than the cloth inserts in the door panels and seats that I have lambasted repeatedly in this forum (and not thrilled about)-the interior looks like a million bucks and is SHARP with the quilted accents. The suede headliner and A-pillars is classy as well.

UConnect 5 IS WORTH THE WAIT for a MY22 in and of itself. It was powered up where 90% of the features were accessible and I played with it quite a bit off and on (doing my best not to "hog" the truck and be respectful of others wanting to view it too) :D

I'm honestly not sure how they could make it much better really other than I'm hoping and praying that the marriage between Jeep and McIntosh Labs carries over to RAM. McIntosh in my opinion is the pinnacle of hi-fi audio and would be awesome to see in the RAM lineup.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would have ordered the Level 1 group if I knew at the time it would come with the tech stuff, especially if it's cheaper. Damn. Oh well.
Same. I'm talking with my dealer now about redoing the order (even if I have to wait longer because of it), depending on what my bottom line changes to.

I'm not disatisfied with my build but it does seem like some of this "streamlining" that they're doing is making certain packages/configurations more appealing than before.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
Same. I'm talking with my dealer now about redoing the order (even if I have to wait longer because of it), depending on what my bottom line changes to.

I'm not disatisfied with my build but it does seem like some of this "streamlining" that they're doing is making certain packages/configurations more appealing than before.
I had a gentleman from the Stellantis corporate office in Auburn Hills call me about a week ago to discuss the removal of the TTPMS from my build. He was extremely apologetic and it was almost like he expected me to yell at him (he expressed that he'd taken more than his share of @$$ chewings from dealers)

I told him I was disappointed but not upset with him or RAM as I understand and sympathize with what they are going through and thanked him for being proactive to contact me about it. He said as a corporation Stellantis was doing EVERYTHING in their power to keep assembly lines going and that they absolutely want to build the exact vehicle the customer wants to buy-NOT what they want to force on the customer.

He did say he knows they will get past the 'bubble" and told me if I wanted the EXACT truck I desired to wait and place my order at a later time once it calms down. I told him unless it was a "make or break" feature such as Adaptive Cruise Control I'd stick with my order as placed especially since I've already handed over the key fobs to my previous truck to maintain my trade value.

His feeling was it was going to take about another 6 months for some of this to calm down but that it could take longer than that.

For me re-doing the order just is out of the question as I don't want to "fall out of the que" but for those of you out there that have more flexibility it might be worth your while to get the precise truck you desire.

Last edited:

BernieR

Reaction score

View attachment 105297

thanks for the reply!

May be that shade of grayish blue would look nice with the sea salt / indigo 10th Anniversary interior? Who knows eh?

Users who are viewing this thread