5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a gentlemen from the Stellantis corporate office in Auburn Hills call me about a week ago to discuss the removal of the TTPMS from my build. He was extremely apologetic and it was almost like he expected me to yell at him (he expressed that he'd taken more than his share of @$$ chewings from dealers)

I told him I was disappointed but not upset with him or RAM as I understand and sympathize with what they are going through and thanked him for being proactive to contact me about it. He said as a corporation Stellantis was doing EVERYTHING in their power to keep assembly lines going and that they absolutely want to build the exact vehicle the customer wants to buy-NOT want they want to force on the customer.

He did say he knows they will get past the 'bubble" and told me if I wanted the EXACT truck I desired to wait and place my order at a later time once it calms down. I told him unless it was a "make or break" feature such as Adaptive Cruise Control I'd stick with my order as placed especially since I've already handed over the key fobs to my previous truck to maintain my trade value.

His feeling was it was going to take about another 6 months for some of this to calm down but that it could take longer than that.

For me re-doing the order just is out of the question as I don't want to "fall out of the que" but for those of you out there that have more flexibility it might be worth your while to get the precise truck you desire.
Yeah, I'm not too interested in de-queing myself either. But like, before I came here, I didn't know the camera RVM could display the image from your trailer cam.

And then of course the whole everyone likes Level 1 and I left it out thing.

And then I started a thread about trailer tow mirrors and most posters said I should have them, even for smaller trailer.

So I'm having a moment lol should have figured the wait would create plenty of space and time for a tinge of buyer's remorse.

Again, not dissatisfied with my build, and really, for all we know, they could introduce some other new really cool options or add-ons for 2023 and then I could be like aww man, I should've waited for those, so it's endless. Just need to shut up, sit tight, be thankful, and wait for my beautiful truck.

Mathis35

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not too interested in de-queing myself either. But like, before I came here, I didn't know the camera RVM could display the image from your trailer cam.

And then of course the whole everyone likes Level 1 and I left it out thing.

And then I started a thread about trailer tow mirrors and most posters said I should have them, even for smaller trailer.

So I'm having a moment lol should have figured the wait would create plenty of space and time for a tinge of buyer's remorse.

Again, not dissatisfied with my build, and really, for all we know, they could introduce some other new really cool options or add-ons for 2023 and then I could be like aww man, I should've waited for those, so it's endless. Just need to shut up, sit tight, be thankful, and wait for my beautiful truck.
You can add to your order usually until you get a build sheet from what I gather. I just added trailer brake controller to mine almost 1 month after ordering.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
thanks for the reply!

May be that shade of grayish blue would look nice with the sea salt / indigo 10th Anniversary interior? Who knows eh?
Are you referring to Blue Shade or Maximum Steel Metallic? Either would look really nice with the 10th Anniversary interior!!

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
The VIN: 1C6SRFHM0NN100139 Build Sheet most definitely has Patriot listed verbally as well as paint code.
changing the subject a little. do you have any info on the VIN above, like order date and what code it is in?
It will maybe help us track trucks time line.
I see a build sheet but not a window sticker as of this post.

Mathis35

Reaction score
changing the subject a little. do you have any info on the VIN above, like order date and what code it is in?
That's a truck that was built for the Chicago Auto Show, during 2021 production. So that will literally tell us nothing about time line and nobody ordered it.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
This was the pilot/marketing build that was present at the Chicago Auto Show and I believe used for the marketing photos. Built in May of this year. Yeah, I think they purposely have the Monroney 🚫 as I can't access it either.

Reaction score
I was told maximum steel was discontinued for 2022. It was my first choice color. Dealer couldn't add it, so we went patriot blue.

Eh_Ron

Reaction score
If anyone is interested looks like you can select the “Blue Shade Pearl” on the Ram Canada 2022 build page. Doesn’t display the truck fully but you get the little color chip.

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
So are we assuming production isn’t starting this week since a large number of trucks haven’t been pushed to D1?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So are we assuming production isn’t starting this week since a large number of trucks haven’t been pushed to D1?
I’m running with the assumption the 2022 production starts tomorrow. Might even be today. They’re working a Sunday shift this week.

1631448688430.png

Ldante197

Reaction score
If anyone is interested looks like you can select the “Blue Shade Pearl” on the Ram Canada 2022 build page. Doesn’t display the truck fully but you get the little color chip.

I don’t see it. Weird

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Once you are in D1 no changes to a order can happen
Sales manager at my dealer said that D and even C status vehicles can't be changed, only B (which I think is the step right before you get a VIN?). Sounds to me like they just don't want to be bothered. However, I did get a very good deal and I'm not sure I went to kick a wasps nest right before production starts cause I don't think I will be able to get another deal like this.

BernieR

Reaction score
Are you referring to Blue Shade or Maximum Steel Metallic? Either would look really nice with the 10th Anniversary interior!!
I would love to see both of them with the beautiful new 10th Anniversary interior in person! ..... but it might be a long wait!

SunnyS

Reaction score
Sales manager at my dealer said that D and even C status vehicles can't be changed, only B (which I think is the step right before you get a VIN?). Sounds to me like they just don't want to be bothered. However, I did get a very good deal and I'm not sure I went to kick a wasps nest right before production starts cause I don't think I will be able to get another deal like this.
I have changed colors in a D status so that sales manager is not right.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have changed colors in a D status so that sales manager is not right.
I'm sure you're right, I just think they don't want to bother. Gonna call them on Monday and get a more direct answer. The sales rep I worked with said she was going to speak to the GM to clarify whether my particular build was going to experience any changes based on the recent package and trim adjustments. Kind of a shame we often have to twist these people's arms to get adequate customer service but that's just kinda how it is these days (on average).

Users who are viewing this thread